Grooming Prices

PeiLuvR

Hi there evry1 :laugh:

I've been learning to be a dog groomer and i'm curious about different prices for different dogs. I'd like to know how much groomers charge for wash and dry for different breeds as well as a tidy up clip(feet, face bum) and full clip?

If sumone could let me know if they charge a certain amount depending on the size of the dog and also the type of coat.

For example how much would you charge to wash and dry a lab? And do u charge more to wash and dry a golden retriever because of the longer coat?

So here a few different dogs to get the ball rolling:

Maltese - wash&dry $

tidy up $

Full clip $

Poodle - Clip $

Beagle - wash&dry $

Pug - wash&dry $

Staffy - wash&dry $

Lab - wash&dry $

Cockerspaniel - $wash&dry $

$tidy up $

Rottweiler- wash&dry $

Husky/Malamute wash&dry $

Saint Bernard - wash&dry

Thanx in advance :laugh:

Prices will vary depending on where you live:

The franchise operators on the Coast here charge FROM $20 for a bath and chamois dry, where as where I am they wont pay more than $15.00 as the vet clinics only charge $10.00 but no dry.

Clipping generally starts at about $35.00 for small dogs, $45 for medium and $55.00 for large. That is for the clip only.

Call some of the parlours in your local area and find out what they charge.

hi our prices dont vary depending on what kind of dog. we only offer a complete wash which is eyes and ears cleaned and nails clipped dpg washed in one of five different shampoos depending on he dog, then a combo of towel chamois and blow drying all for $30!!!have started charging $60 for small dog clip and $70 for the larger dogs, this price includes our wash!!!when i first started out i was suprised how many people did pay the prices as i know some dog washs are around $25 and up around here!!!hope that helps

Thanx guys. I guess it can be a little confusing when it comes to prices. Where i do casual grooming we charge about $35 for wash, dry, tidy up clip, ears, nails etc for maltese/shitzu/pom. But if its a clip for a larger dog surely its going to cost more?! But then when it comes to just a wash and dry for a large dog like a rottweiler i wonder how much to charge because of the size and amount of time drying?! Although drying a golden retriever could take much longer would it be the same price?! I dunno i'm stil learning and only working casual but i'm just confused about how much to charge when i go out on my own... :rofl: But thanx heaps :mad

We have a set price starting at $44 but the price varies on coat condition,regular bookings,type of groom(bichon in a show trim etc) etc etc.

Personally for $60 i would want the rolls royce of clips.

generally the clips are clip offs or a good traditional breed trim thats suitable for pet life.

A tidy often ends up being a full groom,if we are to do a head/tail & nails then the dog must be brought in knot free & spotlessly clean as owners will soon take advatage,you must set the rules from day 1 ie/top/tail means this otherwise full charge etc etc.

For some giant breeds we charge $44 because they have been easier & taken less time than a matted maltese & the wear & tear on the equip was less for the first so it really comes down to having a good regular clientele & playing with the prices.

If your GSt registered then work that into your price .

You must set a reasonable basic price

PeliLuvR

I would suggest that you visit every grooming business in your area and even further a field, and check out their prices, collect price lists etc.

Pricing is one of those tricky areas of starting a business, do you position yourself as the cheapest and have to work twice as hard to make the same money as someone positioned in the "rolls royce" catagory. For this you need to know what others are charging and also have a reallity check about how good you actually are. That also has a big impact on what you can charge. But don't undercharge because people will always pay a little more for good quality.

Good Luck with your new venture.

Cheers

Leigh K

Maltese - wash&dry $45

tidy up $55

Full clip $65

Poodle - Clip $65

Beagle - wash&dry $30

Pug - wash&dry $30

Staffy - wash&dry $30

Lab - wash&dry $40

Cockerspaniel - $wash&dry $45

$tidy up $55-65

Rottweiler- wash&dry $ 40

Husky/Malamute wash&dry $50-70

Saint Bernard - wash&dry$ 50-70

I don't have a set price list as such, but they are usually within these ranges. Pensioners also get work done cheaper, plus my regulars (weekly) get charged a little less too. If the dog is beautifully behaved then I usually knock off a few $ aswell.

i pay my guy $55 for two labs....but I don't know what it would be for jsut one. I assume I am getting some sort of discount cos I have two. AHving said that, I used to get charged $75 for two GSD's and a lab. That included, ears, nails washing, towel drying and a quick blow dry....they were never 100% dry.

I only do washing, but charge $20 a dog. Thats for people to bring their dog to me.

All my clients pay the same except for a owner of a large mal who is alot more work.

Some I make more money on than others, but it was just my choice to make it easier by having one set price.

I was once quoted $150 for each of my OES needless to say I did them myself. That was from Jims dog wash in Templestowe Vic a few years ago and they were all in short clipped coats

I have found that it varies a lot between states and groomers a few groomers put high prices on large breed as they just dont want to do them.

I am now spoilt again being back in melbourne as my groomer does all of my dogs for $50 once a fortnight, gotta love him

Edited by storm

I'm in N.S.W and to get my Malamute washed, dryed and brushed it cost $45, that was with extra drying also. I have used three different groomers and they all cost the same. They did tell me it may cost a little more then what they quoted if I wanted more drying but they have never charged me any more. I know some will charge more for mals as not many like doing them, If I had some one tell me about $60 for a Mal and I new they done a great job I would pay that price.

Prices can really vary. not just between suburbs but between type of businesses. EG the groomer which is set up inside the boutique type pet store charges double what the lady who works from home charges. I had quotes "starting at $50". I recently had my Aussie Shep done which included hydrobath, dry, brush, nails, clipping/tidy up around feet coz they get gangly, ear/eye check and a general once over. I paid $35.

The mobile dog wash used to come to me for $35 for my heeler but I didn't think they'd do a longish haired dog for that kinda price plus they are in and out in no time whereas the groomer there seems to be a bit more attention to detail so while I'm getting such a great job happy to pay the $35.