luckyheidi

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks sunny70 for the plug for my boy Elliot :rofl:

Luckyheidi please please please please DO NOT go ahead with the purchase of this pup - you are having warning bells going off, listen to them

I would love for your daughter to come and meet Elliot

As of tomorrow he will be

- Desexed

- Microchipped

- Vaccinated

- Wormed

- Flea Treated

(Dont tell him what I have planned for him tomorrow :rofl: )

I am looking forward to chatting with you again tonight, thanks for calling me :offtopic:

Edited by petpiggy

gday and welcome....i really dont have anything more to add i think everyone has told you what is best!!my newset baby is a beautiful pure breed pug, hes 14 weeks and i cant wait to train him!!!tell your daughter good luck with training...ITS HEAPS of fun for you and the dog!!!!!is she still considering different breeds or is her heart set on a corgi???they are great little dogs!!!!

ETA just noticed you said she is also interested in the long hair dogs (BC and collies)....has she seen an australian shepard...they are one my want list!!!!alsooo luv collies and shelties...mum has a border collie and me and him dont get along very well (he just wont listen to me...but i dont blame him) so im not a fan of BC but they are good dogs for training work!!!

Edited by sammy_ballerina

Agree with all the replies, please read them and consider them they are all true. Please buy a pure bred (sounds like your daughter has some lovely breeds she has narrowed it down to) and with her not being set in her mind which breed, I'm SURE you would be able to find a pure bred puppy in one of those breeds, from a registered breeder, who will do the right thing by you and your new puppy. In the long run it will be worth it, not just financially but emotionally too.

Hi everyone,

Thank you everyone for your genuine and overwhelming interest and concern today.

Well, as a family, we have decided not to go ahead and purchase the pup in question.

Have spoken to Judy re 'Elliot'. My daughter thought he was a wonderful puppy, but not suitable for what she wanted. But my eldest son who has 2 small children is contacting Judy & hoping to buy him. So hopefully he has been 'rescued' to a loving home with my grandchildren and we can still see him.

As for our daughter's search for a pup, we have been in contact with corgi breeders and will visit Dygae tomorrow and meet one of her corgii pups.

What an exciting day for this family.

BTW my daughter was responsible for making the signature featuring our 8year-od Jack RussellX....got a lovely surprise when I went to put a reply and discovered what she had done...just another beautiful end to a great day!!!

:rofl::offtopic: For Dygae Corgis.

I have French Bulldogs now, but I did breed Pembroke Corgis many years ago, and Di does have some beautiful dogs, she has had Corgis for many many years and does a lot of winning with them, and also people who buy her stock.

Best of luck, I breathed a sigh of relief when you said that you were not going ahead with the xbred puppy, I would run a million miles as fast as I could from someone like that, we here on DOL try to give the best advice for getting a healthy happy baby, the money will be well spent on a registered baby and I think that your daughter deserves to have the best for being so sensible.

:rofl: for Elliott hope he ends up at your sons place, lucky little fella.

:rofl: to all concerned and many thanks to the OP for asking the questions AND taking the advice on board with such good spirit. We can be a fairly intense lot here on DOL and many have been scared away because of that. BUT...in the words of a large pet food company...."we're for the dogs". Edited by ellz

congradulations your family have made the right choice...good luck puppy hunting....hope your daughter finds her new best friend!!!!!but remember when you do purchase a pup...WE WANT PIX....no actualy WE NEED THEM....we have to have our puppy fix!!!!!

congradulations your family have made the right choice...good luck puppy hunting....hope your daughter finds her new best friend!!!!!but remember when you do purchase a pup...WE WANT PIX....no actualy WE NEED THEM....we have to have our puppy fix!!!!!

Pix will certainly be forthcoming

Pix will certainly be forthcoming

such great news , about perspective new pup and elliot hes sucha little sweet face who could resist...lol

good luck witht he corgi babies.. and cant wait for pics,, keep in touch

great job on the sig pic.. she s cute..

Hi everyone,

Excitement, excitement.!!

We are off in an hour to collect our new corgi puppy.

Everything's almost ready. Husband just finishing off the gate in the new puppy area.

Got the fod, toys and the camera at the ready

Will post some pictures tonight.

PS Older son has left to pick-up Elliot (Pet Rescue). So there will be 2 homes tonight which may not get much sleep!!!

Hi everyone,

Excitement, excitement.!!

We are off in an hour to collect our new corgi puppy.

Everything's almost ready. Husband just finishing off the gate in the new puppy area.

Got the fod, toys and the camera at the ready

Will post some pictures tonight.

PS Older son has left to pick-up Elliot (Pet Rescue). So there will be 2 homes tonight which may not get much sleep!!!

Excellent and exciting for both new doggie owners. :rolleyes:

Enjoy those special puppy cuddles. :wave:

ETA - piccies of the new pups when your ready please :thumbsup:

Edited by Cazbear

Well, here she is.

Introducing Cheirah, our new family member, 15 weeks. And an absolute delight. Loves having a game with the Camelia flowers lying on the ground. Even our 9year-old Jack Russell X (Lucky) has accepted her quite well so far. [a

tachment=49161:attachment]

post-12183-1157194150_thumb.jpg