Best Shampoo For General Use On Market

Any ideas to what is the best shampoo on the market?

My girls STINK at the moment, they have been busy destroying my award winning garden in biblical proportions (The OH calls it the AD and BC Garden Before Canine and After Dog). They have been in the fish ponds, compost and anything and everything that you can roll in or digest (and post digestion come to think of it). We are on the NSW central coast, 500m from the beach, so that is included in the factor - lots of salt and sand, it is humid and has been semi wet lately so they really, really stink. :eek: :D

What do you guys recommend, for a shiny coat and something that makes them smell more neutral but not like the purfume counter of David Jones.

PAW - Pure Animal Wellbeing

We :eek: this stuff here. We use the "High Shine Moisturising Shampoo" which has lavender and cedarwood. The smell isn't overpowering at all, just smells really fresh.

We also use the "Rose Aroma Mist" which has chamomile and rosewater for the between times when we want to freshen up her smell a bit, mainly for when she gets to come into the office with me.

Both those mentioned by WEIA are in fact avail online from www.vetproductsdirect.com.au

If you want a shampoo for the dirtiest smelliest dogs then Grimenator by Groomer's Edge avail from Clipperworld who have a banner ad on here.

We were first sent a sample of Grimenator in NZ. Had a golden retriever who I used to bath using 160 ml, of the then shampoo, in both hydrobath tanks. Would dry the dog off and the towels were filthy. :D Used grimenator and lo and behold the towels were clean :eek:

It comes as a concentrate.

Another Fido's Shampoo Fan here.

Lustre Aid for Cologne!

Both available from your local vet.

-WithEverythingIAm

Ditto for general everyday bathing I have found Fido's shampoo range to be pretty good.

Perfume Bouquet is also a lovely concentrate cologne but I buy mine from a friend so couldnt' tell you where else it is available.

Thanks everyone, brilliant advice. Off to the Vet today see if he has any of your suggestions otherwise shall get online.

Miss Myf ran in this morning from the yard smelling like a crypt... a very pokey little puppy :shakehead:

PAW - Pure Animal Wellbeing

We :) this stuff here. We use the "High Shine Moisturising Shampoo" which has lavender and cedarwood. The smell isn't overpowering at all, just smells really fresh.

We also use the "Rose Aroma Mist" which has chamomile and rosewater for the between times when we want to freshen up her smell a bit, mainly for when she gets to come into the office with me.

The website doesnt list suppliers. Any idea where it can be purchased?

LOL Dougie, when I got my dog I wanted to use Hoss Gloss because it was the best shampoo I'd used on the horses and I loved the smell. I was just worried that it wouldn't be ok for dogs. I assume you use it with no problems? I might go to the stock supplies store after work :)

Oh and I currently use Aloveen oatmeal shampoo and conditioner on my dogs, makes them beautifully soft and shiny and it has a nice smell.

Aloveen is really nice. I just went to buy some, but it is awfully dear, so came home and told my girl i'd better look online and see if i can get it cheaper! LOL. I generally use Fido's Puppy and kitten shampoo though... leaves them clean and fresh, is nice and mild and very cost effective as i buy it in 2L containers which last me around 1 year or so for the 2 dogs.

Acrually I thought it expensive when I bought it but my GSD has skin issues so I was happy to pay extra if it helped. Given the number of washes I get per bottle though, I wouldn't say it's expensive at all.

I'm another Fido's fan, I wash all my customers dogs in it (and my own ) and so many of them come back and tell me how they love the smell and how shiny their dogs are. It is also a lot easier to wash in and out than some of the other products.

If you are thinking of using Aloveen check the smell first (I hate the smell), it is quite expensive, a lot harder to rinse out properly and I have seen many dogs have a bad reaction to it over time (this is of course my own experience) I know a lot of other people love it.