Nice Smelling Shampoo !

beaglenewb

Hi All

I have washed my beagle pup 3 times over 4 weeks ! I now you think it is extreme but he always rolls in the dirt and sometimes poo and his coat is all brown and dirty. :D

What is a good shampoo that will keep his short coat silky soft and smells nice after his is dry ? I currently have Squirt Shampoo for puppies for him. It smells nice when I wash him but there is no smell after he is dry. He just smells like a dog ( but looks clean )

Any suggestions ?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand,

people are raving about squirt but when I sniff my dog he smells nothing like pina colada etc. And I put alor of shampoo on ! Are dog shampoos supposed to make dog smell nice after they have been washed ? or are they only supposed to smell nice while your cleaning the dog ?

Another for Plush Puppy here.

I also used to use Flex Shampoo and Conditioner and that stayed smelly for yonks.

Oh and one of Australia's top American Cocker breeders put me onto another really good cheap human shampoo which has a lovely lasting smell and that is Papillon Shampoo and Conditioner which comes in a huge pump pack from Big W and Woolworths and only costs $1.98 a bottle.

I have used Dove Anti-Dandruff shampoo with really good results. It smells nice during and after washing, it doesn't leave scurf in the coat and it conditions as well - our dogs coats are always gleaming and soft afterwards (only lasts a nano-second before they start rolling). Have stopped washing Chester in anything that smells too much though - he gets very 'amorous' with anything that moves after he's been washed and is smelling pretty, the little studmuffin LOL