Goodbye Sir Digby Esquire

Crits'N'Bits

Digby came to live with us when he was 10 months old in October 2006

From the first moment I met this little guy I was smitten with him.

He would worm his way into any warm spot and you would only see his little nose poking out of the blanket. He loved to drape himself over you, loved going for drives and just being with his humans.

Digs I loved you so much and saying goodbye to you was the hardest thing I have had to do. You had courage until the very end.

You are now in your resting place on top of the hill where you can watch over us all

Run free my little man - you are in my heart forever

be a good boy until we meet again ...

your loving family xxxxxxxx

RIP darling Digby :) ;) :( - you are now on your next adventure

A picture of Digby taken not long after he was surrendered to us. I was so happy to hear that Hannah wanted to adopt him as she had already adopted a dog from us that I knew was much loved. I hope you don't mind me posting this pic Hannah? Digby was a much loved dog before he was surrendered and his owners cried and cried and cried - they have kept in touch with Hannah and I know they were glad to know how much their boy was loved in his new home. He was a very special little boy!

septemberdogs210.jpg

thanks guys - it really does help having all this support.

this last week, and particularly today, have been very hard.

Trish - a huge :) for the picture of Digs - i so wish we could turn the clock back to then and be able to erase what has happened :o - he was a special little man - to know Digby was to love him. he was a gentle loving sweet boy who loved us all unconditionally

Digs, its a week since you left us and we miss you so much

my little shadow no longer follows me around the house or sits by the door waiting to go for a walk. No longer do i have your soft little head resting on my lap or the touch of your paw on my leg

Poppy is still looking out the window waiting for you to come home and Sash, Lily and Ehba miss you and cant understand why you are not here

wherever you are now i hope you are running free and playing with Bing, Linky and Jess and that one day we will all be together again.

run free little man - we love you

Oh Hannah I am so so sorry. I just saw this thread, have not been on DOL much lately. I can't believe this, last time I saw a post from you he was home and doing ok. I am so upset just reading this, can't imagine how you are feeling. Many hugs coming your way, if there is anything I can do please just ask.

RIP Digby, I never met you but I know you were a really special little man.

• 11 months later...