My Beautiful Darling Oakley

cassie

Without a doubt the saddest day of our lives; we have just returned from the vet after giving Oakley his wings. :rofl::rofl: ;)

I don't want to go into too many details as it is extremely upsetting, but he was suffering from a condition and was in a great deal of pain, so we made the incredibly hard decision to send him on his way. ;)

Oakley was a Saint Bernard puppy, just shy of 9 months old. He didn't live a long life, but the time he did have here with us was the happiest few months of our lives. He was a real character, and made us laugh every day. He loved absolutely everybody and didn't have a mean or angry bone in his body.

What happened was nobody's fault - not our's, not the vet's, not the breeder's, and certainly not Oakley's. It was just one of those things.

"Oakley-Monster" as he was affectionately known, will always be loved, always be remembered, and always held sacred and close to our hearts. He has made us fall more in love with Saints then any other dog possibly could have, and while we intend to get another, no one could replace him or change the fact that he was our first Saint, and therefore extra special. Everyone who met him loved him, as he did them.

Rest in peace bubba, we will always love you. ;)

Oakley: 10/2/07 - 7/11/07

oakleyfourweeksold.jpg

100_0702_01.jpg

100_1101.jpg

100_1334.jpg

100_1715.jpg

100_1872.jpg

100_2361.jpg

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Cassie I am so sorry to hear this, how sad. :laugh:

RIP Oakley. I loved all the photos you posted of Oakley and Zephry. Such a sweet pup, what a tragedy. But how wonderful he spent his short life in such a wonderful loving caring home.

Hugs to you, your OH and Zephry from myself, Onslow, Matilda-Rose and FlashBazil.

:laugh::rofl: :rofl: oh Cassie, I'm so sad for you and your family. What a brave and heart destroying decision to make.

crying here for you and Oakley, words can never say how you must be feeling.

hugs from us

fifi, danny & hounds xxxxx

Cassie I am so sad to hear of your devastating loss, hard enough to lose an oldie let alone a baby, I know his breeders personally and I am sure that they are as devastated as can be.

Oakley you were too perfect for this world, you were needed somewhere else, watch over Cassie OH and Zephyr, their hearts are breaking.

Sweet :angel fly with the angels to the :laugh: