Zana 20/10/95 - 15/11/07

Tibbiemax71

Zana our gorgeous old girl went to the bridge on Thursday 15th November at 1 am. Zana was my first obedience dog, we learned all about obedience, agility and flyball together, she gained her Companion Dog, Companion Dog Excellent, Agility Dog and Flyball Dog titles in the first few years of her life. Zana loved coming with me when I went riding on my horse through the bush, loved to go for a swim and adored tennis balls.

Zana shared the special moments with us of the birth of our two children; she was always so gentle with them as babies and so tolerant of them when they were toddlers. Zana was the sort of Shepherd that everyone loved, she was so laid back and loved everyone in return.

Rest In Peace Old Girl, it was an honour having you in our lives for 12 years. You can catch up with your old mate Marco now; I hope there is an abundance in tennis balls for you to play with where you are.

You are sadly missed by us all lovely girl, especially your little mate Blair.

zana3.jpg

I can testify to Zana's beautiful nature. I have always been a frightened of GSDs but it was impossible to be frightened of her. She was so gentle and trusting and yet so happy.

I was looking at some video footage I took on Monday night at shepmax's house when I was feeding her dogs whilst she was away and still can't believe she is gone, it was so sudden.

RIP Zana you were one of a kind. :confused:

Although my food bowls empty

I'll always be around

Right behind you or by your side

And I'll never make a sound

For when you care for someone

The way you cared for me

The memories and feelings

Last for eternity.

The home beyond now calls me

I travel well prepared

For I spent my life with someone

Who really truly cared

This is part of a poem my mum wrote when my old boy went to the home beyond. It has always seemed to comfort me whenever times are hard and I miss him. I hope that it helps a little.

It's so sad that they don't live as long as we do.

My thoughts are with you, Narelle

Thank you everyone for all your kind words.

Narelle, the poem is beautiful.

We are slowly getting used to idea of not having Zana around, my son has stopped crying him self to sleep at night now.

It just great having the wonderful people here on DOL who you can talk to and understand what you are going through, its been such a great help :rofl: