Tablets For Upset Tummy

kamuzz

Trying to update Ruby's medical notes. The vet prescribed her tablets for her upset tummy and I am trying to work out what they are called.

Looks like:

Neosulcan

Any suggestions?

Edited by kamuzz

• 3 weeks later...

Poor Ruby. We still haven't got her tummy sorted out. she has just finished her latest round of medicine which included Metronidazole and Protexin (different vet who has typed labels!)

He also did a TLI blood test to rule out a pancreatic disorder.

She produces about four "cow pats" per day on average. The consistency varies from practically watery to porridge consistency, but not thick enough to be formed into stools.

She also suffers from that lovely thing where they eat poo, although she will usually eat one of my other dogs' rather than her own.

inflammatory bowel disease perhaps?

That is what we are trying next - cortisone in case she has IBD.

The vet believes that at her age (11 months) she is too young to have developed a food allergy that would affect just her gut i.e. if she did have a food allergy there would be other signs like gunky eyes, or itchy skin.

While we are trialling different meds I have to keep her on the same food so we know that any change must be the result of her medication. She gets fed morning and night:

- two cups of rice & carrot

- two cups of Purina Sensitive Systems Formula which has salmon as the main ingredient.

She is also having her TLI redone tomorrow after a 12 hr fasting period to double check that result.