Unwell Rotties

oonga

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for the well wishes for Sophie. She's much the same the tumour is still growing and I've found a smal lump on her side. She is still happy and pain free but the cancer is progressing.

Oonga, she sees the oncolgist on Thursday.

Good news about Jaida responding well to the herbal mixes.

thanks for the update cavNrott!

i get a bit anxious when i have not heard anything for a few days,

and convince myself it has been weeks since your last update,

cause it genuinely feels like that!

then i go and check and it will only be 2 days.

i look forward to the update on thursday :(

i am sure Sophie will surprise you all again with her strength and results :)

hugs to you all!

thanks for the update cavNrott!

i get a bit anxious when i have not heard anything for a few days,

and convince myself it has been weeks since your last update,

cause it genuinely feels like that!

then i go and check and it will only be 2 days.

i look forward to the update on thursday :(

i am sure Sophie will surprise you all again with her strength and results :)

hugs to you all!

Thanks for being so thoughful and caring oonga. Your posts lift my morale when I'm wallowing in sadness about Sophie's condition.

She is such a special girl who copes with anything life throws at her. She's in good spirits and being her normal silly self. She takes all her medications without fuss and makes it easy for me to treat her. She's lying around in airconditioned comfort today.

Sophie is not well today. This is the first bad day she's had. She didn't want her breakfast. I gave her Tramadol as well as piroxicam and spoon fed her about 1/2 an hour later. I think she ate it just to please me.

She's in an airconditioned room with me and she's and not moving at all. This is so unlike her. She lifts her head when I speak to her but apart from that she lies perfectly still. It's not a good sign for my poor girl.

I'm hoping she'll improve as the day goes on.

:mad:mad Hugs to you and Darling Sophie today. Sorry to hear she is not doing too well but I am sure it is the Heat....even in A/C she still must be feeling it and so must you.

Spice sends healthy kisses to you both.

Hugs and Prayers.

I lost one of my dogs to Neurodegeneration last November (& it is still so very raw). He had many bad days from his first complete collapse to his second when he was euthanased. The good days did come in between and were worth every struggle he had to go through, like your Sophie his life was still well worth living. I sincerely hope that Sophie becomes more like her normal self as the weather cools.

cavNrott,

i am sad to read that Sophie is not well today,

but i do think even with the air conditioning on the heat can be felt.

the cool change tomorrow should perk Sophie up :cool:

in the meantime the love from you and everyone else will give her strength.

she is just resting to preserve her energy and once it cools down she will be back in full force :rolleyes:

if she is up for a hug can you give her one for me please.

if not i don't blame her it is too hot to even think right now!!

big hugs to you as well !!!

cavNrott,

the cool change tomorrow should perk Sophie up :cool:

she is just resting to preserve her energy and once it cools down she will be back in full force :rolleyes:

She is much better tonight, running around with the others. I think the extra meds kicked in to mask her pain. She's always been very keen on food. She hasn't been interested in food at all today and I had to follow her around with the spoon to get her to eat her dinner tonight. Some of the meds must be given on a full stomach. Without food I can't medicate her and without medication she'll be in serious pain.

I missed out on two tablets this morning. She's supposed to have them twice a day, she had two with dinner and I'll try and get the other two into her when she has her yoghurt and goats milk later on tonight.

I fed her finely chopped bbq chicken in home made chicken broth. She loves it but not tonight. I got her to eat enough to be able to give her the meds though.

The tumour is large, blue and angry looking. It looks very painful. This is the first time in her life she hasn't been keen to eat. Even after major surgeries she's had it never put her off her tucker.

All in all it hasn't been the best of days around here. I'll see what she's like tomorrow. I won't let her suffer.

cavNrott, i hope that Sophie is much better for you tomorrow.

Give her lots of kisses and cuddles tonight, the hot weather must be very hard on her as well.

Thinking of you at this very hard time you are going through.

Sounds like yesterday was pretty tough for both of you Anne, I hope that today is a much better one.

The heat here has knocked Jaida around a fair bit and her lump looks to be a little bigger as well. She's still doing OK though, eating really well and getting around on three legs.

cavNrott I hope today is a better day for Sophie, lets hope it is the hot weather that has been affecting her............

Shekhina, same goes for Jaida, I too hope the weather is the affecting factor...............

Lets face it most of us don't like the heat and the black n tans mostly don't like the heat!

Wishing you both all the best for the girls and thank you for the updates.

Fingers and toes crossed for them!

Sophie is not well today. This is the first bad day she's had. She didn't want her breakfast. I gave her Tramadol as well as piroxicam and spoon fed her about 1/2 an hour later. I think she ate it just to please me.

She's in an airconditioned room with me and she's and not moving at all. This is so unlike her. She lifts her head when I speak to her but apart from that she lies perfectly still. It's not a good sign for my poor girl.

Anne, i hope Sophie perks up

Hugs to you both

My heart sank when I read this... I think the heat knocks them around more when they are ill...

cavNrott,

the cool change tomorrow should perk Sophie up :mad

she is just resting to preserve her energy and once it cools down she will be back in full force :love:

She is much better tonight, running around with the others. I think the extra meds kicked in to mask her pain. She's always been very keen on food. She hasn't been interested in food at all today and I had to follow her around with the spoon to get her to eat her dinner tonight. Some of the meds must be given on a full stomach. Without food I can't medicate her and without medication she'll be in serious pain.

I missed out on two tablets this morning. She's supposed to have them twice a day, she had two with dinner and I'll try and get the other two into her when she has her yoghurt and goats milk later on tonight.

I fed her finely chopped bbq chicken in home made chicken broth. She loves it but not tonight. I got her to eat enough to be able to give her the meds though.

The tumour is large, blue and angry looking. It looks very painful. This is the first time in her life she hasn't been keen to eat. Even after major surgeries she's had it never put her off her tucker.

All in all it hasn't been the best of days around here. I'll see what she's like tomorrow. I won't let her suffer.

CnR Ollie has days when he does not eat much. It could be the heat. Do you feed her a few times a day (I do with Ollie - two small meals and a couple of treats). If you do, you could try swapping her meals around, give her dinner for breakfast and breakfast for dinner. I made Ollie some porridge the other night with some yoghurt and manuka honey to sweeten it and he woofed it down (he had not really eaten the whole day either). Then he had turkey mince and apple sauce for breakfast this morning (sounds gross but he liked it)... I have been going nuts trying to get him to eat - his taste has definitely changed heaps and I imagine that Sophie's would have too (humans claim that chemo gives them a metallic taste all the time), especially with the tumour in her mouth.

Sounds like yesterday was pretty tough for both of you Anne, I hope that today is a much better one.

The heat here has knocked Jaida around a fair bit and her lump looks to be a little bigger as well. She's still doing OK though, eating really well and getting around on three legs.

Sorry to hear that they girls are doing it tough at the moment. I must admit there were times, earlier in the treatments when I questioned myself - constantly second guessing if I was doing the right or wrong thing, was I being selfish? I know Ollie will let me know when he has had enough and I am sure the girls will do the same with you.

Hang in there, thinking of you both and the girls...

Hugs

Jodie and Ollie dog

cavNrott I hope that Sophie is doing much better today now that the cooler weather has arrived.

Baylee has spent the last two nights outside, as it is too hot for her to sleep inside (too much extra strain on her heart).

However, she has been chewing her marrow bones during this time, instead of sleeping, and keeping the OH awake with all the banging going on in her kennel :mad

I hope that her appetite has improved also.

Stay strong and keep trying.

Shekhina, I also hope that Jaida has improved with the cooler weather.

Jodie, I hope that Ollie dog is improving now that he is on antibiotics, and that the pain in his joints is subsiding.

Both of you are remarkable and a true inspiration.

Calming and peaceful thoughts to all the sick dogs and their amazing owners. :love: You are most certainly :):rofl: