Unwell Rotties

oonga

Thanks again for thinking of us. Sophie's tumour is bleeding again and I found out about a chinese herbal product that will stop it without causing harm but I can't find a chinese herbalist anywhere.

I contacted a couple of people today after doing a search on the net but they're human doctors and they know of the mix I want but they're not allowed to prescribe it for animals.

I did find it on Ebay from China but customs wouldn't let it through plus the product itself is $12.00 but the postage cost is $84.00. It's only a small bottle.

What ever happened to those little chinese shops that smell very strange and have peculiar looking bits and pieces in jars and drawers in their shops? Anyone know a chinese herbalist in the Eastern 'burbs of Melbourne?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry i can't help you there cavNrott but i hope that you find something somewhere..

How about china town or something similar?

Surely they would know, pitty you can't find someone to prescribe it to you..

Can't you tell them that it's for yourself?

I hope you find what you are looking for, glad to hear that you are both still well and that Sophie is still battling on with this horrid disease..

Hugs to you both you are always in our thoughts...

Anne, I am happy to do some searching for you, we have quite a few of those chinese stores in Brunswick and Coburg. PM me the name of the product if you want me to have a look for you.

Big hugs to Soph from us!

Oh wow! That is so kind of you. I will pm you with the name of the product. It's a herbal product and doesn't need a doctors prescription but I can't find a chinese herbalist around these parts. The chinese doctors I spoke with yesterday agree that it's safe and will do the job it's supposed to do. They suggested I try to find a chinese herbalist :thumbsup:

I contacted a couple of people today after doing a search on the net but they're human doctors and they know of the mix I want but they're not allowed to prescribe it for animals.

That's rubbish - They don't need presciptions. They may not know how much to give the dog?? Dogs don't need as much as humans.

My vet does Chinese Herbs for dogs - they might have it? Prahran Vet Clinic. Or else there are alots of herbalitst and holitisc vets. Also look under "Natural Therapy Pages" for some practioners in your area or around anywhere.

I can also help to try and find you one too if you like.

That's rubbish - They don't need presciptions. They may not know how much to give the dog?? Dogs don't need as much as humans.

My vet does Chinese Herbs for dogs - they might have it? Prahran Vet Clinic. Or else there are alots of herbalitst and holitisc vets. Also look under "Natural Therapy Pages" for some practioners in your area or around anywhere.

I can also help to try and find you one too if you like.

Thanks Ci. The problem with human medical doctors is that the AMA does not allow them to treat or prescribe for dogs.

I can only find two holistic vets but the thing is I know what herbal mix I need, it's a matter of finding someone who has it or will make it up.

Hi Anne

I found this place and I'm really hoping they can provide what you need:

Li's Chinese Herbal Centre

22 Hampton Rd Essendon West, VIC 3040

(03) 9325 4344‎

I have been following your thread for sometime, and thinking of you alot - you are both so truly inspirational.

Sophie's fighting spirit and your total dedication to her are so heart warming.

All the best with this new product

Warmest wishes and hugs to you and Sophie.

Leanne

Hi Anne

I found this place and I'm really hoping they can provide what you need:

Li's Chinese Herbal Centre

22 Hampton Rd Essendon West, VIC 3040

(03) 9325 4344‎

I have been following your thread for sometime, and thinking of you alot - you are both so truly inspirational.

Sophie's fighting spirit and your total dedication to her are so heart warming.

All the best with this new product

Warmest wishes and hugs to you and Sophie.

Leanne

Thank you Leanne for the info, kind comments and your warm wishes.

We are still battling on. I am due to medicate Sophie now and then get a few hours sleep before the next onslaught of pills and potions.

I've had a very strong feeling for some weeks now that I should stop one of the medications the oncologist prescribed. She talked me out of it last visit but the feeling stayed with me so I've gone with my gut feeling and stopped it. It's a chemo tablet that Soph takes every 48 hours and it's job is to stop or slow the growth of her tumour. It hasn't been doing the job for the last 2-3 months.

Sophie was drooling and bleeding constantly and it had a very metallic odour. She hasn't had the chemo tablet since Wednesday morning and today she's bled and drooled only twice for a minute or so and the metallic odour has gone. It was also causing gastro problems and liver damage and I haven't heard any loud rumbling or gurgling today. If I thought it was helping in any way then I'd continue but the feeling that I should stop it is strong.

At the rate the tumour is growing Sophie doesn't have much time left and I want her to have quality time which she won't have if she has gastro pain. I've added in some natural products that I think may help her.

Apart from that she is her normal happy self. If she continues to bleed I will certainly go for the chinese herb. If the bleeding stops as I think it's doing then I won't need to pump anything else into her. The poor girl takes so much medication. I'm very lucky she is easy and compliant.

Victor Wu

510 Waverley ROAD

Mt Waverley

Victoria 3149

Phone 03 9802 1238

Dr. Tian Hui Xiao - TCM -> 3 centres

698 Nicholson STREET

North Fitzroy

Victoria 3068

Phone: 613 9486 8998 Fax: 613 9489 3808

674 - 680 Glenferrie Rd

Hawthorn (next Safeway)

Victoria 3028

Phone: 613 9815 2068 Moblie: 0400 331 489

2 Excalibur Ave

Glen Waverley

Victoria 3150

Phone: 613 9803 4938

Camberwell Chinese Medicine

1017-1019 Burke Rd

Camberwell, VIC 3124

(03) 9813 5688‎

Zhang's Chinese Herbal Therapy

135 Stephensons Rd

Mount Waverley, VIC 3149

(03) 9887 7283‎

nothing Nekhbet cant find

Hope Sophie feels better today and you have a lot more time with her :happydance: Little Diesel send rotty kisses to her and tail waggings

Thanks Nekhbet. I contacted those people last week except Zhangs. I'll give them a call. If they are a chinese medical centre I don't hold out much hope.

The others you mentioned are all AMA registered medical practitioners. I have spoken with them and they are not able under AMA guidelines and/or COE to administer to a dog.

Those listed on the natural therapy pages do weight loss, acupuncture, hypnotherapy and various eastern therapies to do with general health in humans but will not supply this product for a dog, nor do most of them know about the herbal product.

UPDATE: I have just received a most generous offer from a person who is using this product and is prepared to share it with Sophie. Her kindness is beyond words. I am so very grateful that she would do this for us. She is not in Victoria so has offered to post some to me. I'd like to shout her name from the rooftops but will respect her privacy as much as I'd like to publicly acknowledge her generosity.

Hi Cavnrott, Anne Neville at East West Vet clinic is a chinese medicine practitioner (and a vet). I think I mentioned her to you before, 9555 1899 she is in Bentleigh. I sounds as if you are sorted out though which is great news.

I really hope it helps your lovely girl. :laugh:

Sophie is still doing quite well. Her appetite is excellent, she's in good spirits and she's still fighting the good fight. Whata girl!!

I've introduced a number of new herbs and natural supplements, hopefully they will help. It takes time for naturals to take effect. I'm discovering that as we go along. This poor girl of mine takes so many pills and potions without fuss.

Since I decided to stop the chemo tablet we will no longer see the oncologist and Sophie's care will be taken over by her regular vet. He has assured me he will work with me in whatever treatment I choose for Sophie. The oncologist isn't interested in natural meds and offers no option for Sophie other than the current treatment and the interminable mention of surgery. Unfortunately that regime is no longer working, I think Sophie is now resistant to the chemo tablet but she will stay on the antibiotics, bone strength building drug and pain meds.

All that's been happening at the oncologists in the last 4 months is the blood tests and biochem, our vet can do those. Sophie is at ease with the vet who's cared for her all her life. She trusts him and likes him. He's also fond of her and calls her his special girl.

The reason I've decided to go this way is the vet wants me involved in everything that happens with Sophie whereas oncology appears to be a fairly rigid regime in Sophie's case and I don't have the opportunity for any input. It was becoming rather awkward with me going there and keeping information about the naturals I had Sophie on to myself rather than being able to discuss it with the oncologist.

It was the natural meds that brought down her liver and kidney enzymes. The vet is a little concerned about two liver enzymes still being higher than normal but he is confident we can, as he says "Take good care of her liver".