The Disaster Thread

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Freya was sitting on a pass for Novice this morning, but decided to stand up for her sit stay! Never done this before. Last week she was more interested in the magpies outside the ring than heeling properly with me.

Glad to hear Cooper did well in the PM trial.

Well magpies are much more interesting!!! And, with her looks, she may think that's enough. :vomit: She can just look absolutely gorgeous and blind the judge with her beauty :)

I don't do obedience and boy am I glad,its sounds so hard!I think this thread was a great idea.

I'm doing agility with my baby and she is loving it.Absolutely loves training and going to training but I have to admit I have been slack and not done much training at home so will have to be repeating foundation level 1 again. :vomit:

I'm sure my baby Josie is frustrated with me but she will not stay in a sit position when I walk away,even if I move a bit.She use to do this but has stopped so now I have to go back right to the start again.Oh well

Good luck with your obedience I'm sure you and your baby will get there.

Good luck with your obedience I'm sure you and your baby will get there.

Yes - I'm sure when he decides to get his act together he will too!!! In style hopefully. Poor rotten sod is doing what he did to me in agility - took us almost 1 yr to get our AD title, because he would always do ONE thing wrong, eg: pop out of weaves, refusal, knock a bar etc. Never a lot of things, just ONE! :vomit: .... It wasn't that he couldn't do it - in fact our first run in excellent agility he almost got a pass, but (yep, you guessed it!) pulled one bar!!!! Maybe he is trying the same on me for Obedience too!

"One dog going cheap!!"

Ok my turn!

Novice Jumping at Albury on Saturday - Denny's second trial. Last run of the day (I'd already done 7 prior between my other dogs). Second last obstacle, tunnel - I know that he's not the most confident with tunnels.

What do I do? Send him in, he goes. Then (excuse I know) because I am a tad unfit and lazy, I rear crossed him before he was fully committed and he popped out ;)

Stupid, stupid me :) That was his only fault and he was the quickest by over 5 seconds - silly silly me :vomit:

I'm always going on about my dogs upside, well, there is a downside as well.......

Last week in the mock agility trial on Wed night Mr CK learned the hard way that just because you can single bound flyball hurdles does not mean you can single bound all hurdles. He went over the first hurdle beautifully, took off for the second hurdle at the start of a sequence and then crashed straight into it on the way back down and slid along on his nose. :)

He pulled up a bit sore on one of his hind legs and really didn't appreciate two days locked in the house just to make sure! Oh well......he's OK and ran really well Saturday a/noon and yesterday, but I"m still not sure agility will be done at anything less than 110%.

Hey LP, I know exactly how you feel. My last obedience dog did some very similar things when I got her to open. She did maybe about 8-10 trials before I lost her and in each of those she blew something different every time and every time it cost us a qualify of at least mid 180's! If it wasn't her failing to drop on the recall it would be her dropping during the sit stay or if it wasn't a refusal to come entirely it was a go out pick up the dumbell and just stand there looking silly and not bringing the thing back to me!!! We never did manage a pass but like every trial was SOOO CLOSE!!! I have no disasters as yet with my new girl but I thought I should share my experiences!!! :)

Leo thought it a good idea to bring the d/b back to the judge instead of me..... :)... looked at judge and before getting all the way there, gave her a confused look (as if to say 'you're not my mum!")

:) :p

I'm sorry to laugh - but that comment just caused my drink to come out of my nose :p

:):)

Ahh, bless you for your sense of humour, Leo :D

Leo thought it a good idea to bring the d/b back to the judge instead of me..... :)... looked at judge and before getting all the way there, gave her a confused look (as if to say 'you're not my mum!")

:) :)

I'm sorry to laugh - but that comment just caused my drink to come out of my nose :)

:p :)

Ahh, bless you for your sense of humour, Leo :D

ok - ok so it's funny now..... but 191!!!!!! ROFL!

Keeps me on my toes this one :rofl:. I still stand by the fact he just DOESN'T want his sister to come out and trial!!! :) :p

Sorry LP, but this thread is much better reading than the brags thread :laugh:

You just wait till it's your turn!!!!! Then I'll be the one with the evil cackle in the background :rofl: :rofl: ;)

ETA: i've decided the brags thread just makes you feel bad :):eek:

Edited by leopuppy04

OK - posted in the brags thread about Saturday night - what I didn't post was that Beans lasted 15 seconds at most in the heel work before I said to the judge - er I think we will leave it there.

Then I said perhaps we could do a SFE so at least I have something to reward. Er nope - nothing to reward - moved all 4 feet.

Hmm perhaps we could do a dumbbell on the flat - which the judge was happy for me to do - er nope needed two commands to fetch.

OK - last chance change of positions - instead of about turning and halting when the judge said - I kept walking back until I was about 2m in front of her. Yep she dropped Nope she didn't sit - ARGH

So we left the ring I asked for a hand touch and I rewarded that. whew...

Back to the drawing board! Anybody want a toller LOL

Alright - confession time :laugh:

Enya's first (and only) attempt at Novice...

Not only did she fail EVERY exercise, except the one I thought she would have trouble with, but she also crapped in the ring :rofl:

By the end of it, the judge and I were in stitches! It was too damn pathetic not to just throw your hands up in the air and laugh :rofl:

Enya couldn't see what the problem was......

Not only did she fail EVERY exercise, except the one I thought she would have trouble with, but she also crapped in the ring :rofl:

By the end of it, the judge and I were in stitches! It was too damn pathetic not to just throw your hands up in the air and laugh ;)

LOL, I can soo sympathise with you there! My first obedience dog did that in one of his first trials... he left the ring twice to poo and peed in the ring once plus stuffed up virtually every exercise except the stays. Needless to say I never got anywhere with him... in two/three years of limited trialling his highest novice score was around 145 and his lowest was around 80 and we never did manage a pass! :rofl:

Not only did she fail EVERY exercise, except the one I thought she would have trouble with, but she also crapped in the ring :)

By the end of it, the judge and I were in stitches! It was too damn pathetic not to just throw your hands up in the air and laugh :(

:rofl: :rofl:

And you were laughing at me

;) :eek: