Watery Vomit

A few weeks ago when my dog was sick her vomit went from clear to browny after the medication, The vet said its ok if she doesnt want to eat straight away so long as she had small frequesnt drinks and didnt become dehydrated , They gave her an injection there at the surgery to help with the sick feeling and sent me home with some pepto aswell as the antibiotics, because my dog had the poos aswell they gave me some Vytrate, I am not sure wether you can purchase that from any farm centre type of store or anywhere other then a vet in your area??Or if its only good if they have the poos aswell???

Sending healing faries your way, :laugh: its horrible when our loved ones arent feeling well :shhh:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pappylove - poor little darling.

Roast chicken in tiny little snippets has always worked for me. No matter how bad they are feeling, the smell gets them every time.

Do you have any Nutrigel? It comes in quite big tubes, and is a high energy high nutrient supplement that can sustain life for a few days if that is all you can get into her. Its about $11-$15 depending on where you get it. Troy is the manufacturers brand I think.

If you are off to the vets ask them about Protexin. Its a probiotic for animals - similar to Inner Health Plus for humans. I have used inner health plus on my dogs to restore their gut balance, but Protexin is better. The yoghurt will do a similar thing, but is much weaker than the protexin or the inner health plus powder. My dogs are about 8kgs, and since pups they have had 1/8 teaspoon in a teaspoon of warmed water. Mix and measure with plastic as the metal spoons react with the powder and make it less effective. (So I am led to beieve anyway.)

Keep us posted on how she goes.

Charlotte is having a sleep over at the hospital, probably until Monday.

She was severly dehydrated, and the brown she was vomiting is thought to be possibly blood.

She is getting subcutaneous fluids at the hospital.

Fingers crossed she will be ok and they find out the cause.

Ohhh :laugh:

well, she is in the best spot now-

Have you contacted the people from whom she came ?

She was possibly incubating something when she travelled to you! They might like to know- or they may have noticed their dog/s ill too?

Hopefully the vet will have good news tomorrow. being on the drip OH-Just re read and she is NOT on a drip? Subcut fluid is better than nothing ,tho.. will perk her up and give her something to fight with :shhh:

Edited by persephone

Pappylove - poor little charlotte. A sleepover is probably just where she needs to be tonight. Just remember that you can phone them anytime, and go see her tomorrow as often as you need to.

Have you contacted her breeder? Possibly there is something that they may be able to identify for you to point your vet in the right direction. Something specific in your breed perhaps? I know from bitter experience that vets are great generalists, but breed specific information is very important.

Poor baby. Sending positive healing thoughts her way for you. Let us know how she goes, little darling.

Go have a good cry yourself - you will feel a bit better, sleep a bit deeper, and be better able to face the rest of the weekend.

She will be better before you know it, and bouncing around madly!

Thankyou.

I have rang her breeder, and she was very concerned. She thinks it may be hypoglycemia, as it sounds similar to what a dog of hers had from another litter a year or 2 ago.

She's not on a drip at the moment, because the vet thought that being so small, she might not be able to get a good vein at that point in time.

I really do need a rest... I've had a splitting headache since about 2pm, and crying definitely doesn't help it!

Yep - turn your computer off, phone the vets and tell them what your breeder said, and try to get some sleep. If not sleep - then rest and meditate, and think healing toughts. We are there with you...........

Oh crap pappylove, definitely not what I was hoping to come in and read! I'm so sorry she's gone downhill.

Was the vet going to try and get an IV in? I've had a 4 week old Whippet puppy on a drip before, so it can't be impossible?

Please do try and get some rest tonight, even if you can't sleep, just laying down in a dark room is something. Being a migraine sufferer, I know how awful headaches can be :D

Fingers crossed there's good news in the morning..

Hi,

sorry to hear and sending healing vibes.

It wouldn't be anything to do with the c5 injection would it because not all dogs can have them and have an adverse reaction to it .

Good luck little puppy .

That was my thought too m&m - a severe reaction to a C5 ;) Not that the vets will call it that though :laugh:

The vet who vaccinated her yesterday said that having the C5 shouldn't be a problem, but I guess different dogs will have different reactions.

Pegasus, I think the vet thought that she would do a drip as a drastic measure, if she showed no improvement with the subcut fluids.

Sending healing vibes for little Charlotte.

I hope she is a fighter, and she is at the best place right now.

Get off to bed young lady, take a couple of panadol and have a nice sweet drink, that should help your headache.

Im sure there will be better news in the morning. :laugh:

Aw, I hope Charlotte gets well soon, there is a bug going around here in Vic atm, which my 7 weekers all caught...vomiting, leathargy and liquid poo...after a trip to vet they were all given scourban and left to sleep under a watchful eye, they are as well as can be now, so I hope it is somthing simple like that for your new bub...

rest and best wishes!