R I P Sally Horse

persephone

:p :o Oh Persephone, I'm so sorry to hear about Sally, She looked beautiful and loved to the very end.

huge hugs my sweet, I will light my favourite cinnamon candle to wish her spirit onward.

love fifi, danny & hounds xxxxxxx

No more pain, No more battling to stand up with a sore hip-

She has left a big hole in my heart.

(this was taken yesterday- I didn't know it was to be the last photo......)

post-1359-1218022999_thumb.jpg

RIP Sally.

HUgs to you Pers

I'm so sorry to read this persephone :laugh: I remember it wasn't too long ago that Sally was unwell and you were worried her time had come...it was such a relief to hear she was doing well again. But now was her time :laugh:

RIP Sally :thumbsup:

:laugh: Thank you, people-

she was such a "people loving" girl-

here is one of my fave photos- not a 'good' one- but it shows her as she was-( I think I've posted it before-- but I do love it!

These two younguns hadn't met her before- just sort of threw themselves all over her and she lapped it up :laugh:

post-1359-1218093343_thumb.jpg

:laugh:

As I type- I can hear the neighbour using his excavator out the back.......... :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: that is a beautiful photo Persephone, her gentle spirit shines in it.

And although you can hear her earthly body being buried, I bet Sally's spirit is kicking up her heels - flat gallop in the paddock :laugh:

Will you be planting a tree for her ?

more hugs darlin'

fifi

A Friend’s Story

Last night, I lost a friend. She died at home, with only a stranger to see her last moments. Our goodbyes were said, tearfully, during the day-she too weak to rise, me giving her a last hug.

My friend’s name was Sally, and I would like to share some of her story with you – I think you would have enjoyed meeting her!

Sally was a blonde- but not a ‘dumb blonde!’ She loved parties, and good food-lying in the sun, and puppies.

She was terrific with children, and somehow they were drawn to her .Maybe she remembered her son, who was one of premature identical twins .The other was sadly stillborn.

Sally’s son had troubles for the first few days, but grew quickly and was a loving , happy boy .He and his mum used to play for hours. Disaster struck on his first birthday, and he sadly passed away. Sally was distraught for a long time.

When she was with our family- she fitted right in, and we discovered she had experienced a lot in her life. When young, she had been involved in two accidents, leaving lasting hip problems, and massive scarring. She had also been hungry, and homeless.

Sally and I had a lot in common, and used to spend many hours together, walking with the dogs, and just standing companionably, watching a sunset on a Summer night, or the rise of the fog in Autumn.

She was always willing to have a hug, and to listen – good qualities in a friend!

Absent-minded she could be, though, and many a time she left a tap running, or forgot where she had put her lunch!

Recently, her health became an issue, and she needed medication and extra care. Her old injuries were causing a lot of pain- movement became limited, and she would tire easily.

Yesterday, she was very tired, and at last, her spirit escaped to run free with her son once more.

I miss her terribly already- my one consolation being that now she is pain-free.

Thank You ,Sally, for the years you were with us..

My friend, my dear old horse.

R I P Sal.

Anthropomorphic, I know.... but ....

I have posted it elsewhere- so people read without guessing too early :rolleyes:

Edited by persephone