Bathing Large Dogs?

Hello All

This may seem like a silly question but how do all you big dog owners bath your dogs? You can't bath them in the laundry sink like little dogs. I have been trying to do it in the shower but they hate that (and no I'm not in there with them)

what do you find easiest getting a professional? outside with a bucket???? I would love to know.

Thanks

Guest PixieOfWrath

I have a Booster Bath (basically a plastic bathtub on legs) so I don't bust my back, which is set up outside. My landlord built my place with horses in mind so there is a wash bay with hot and cold taps. I bought one of those hose attachments with all the different settings (jet, spray, shower etc) and am about to get a dog blow dryer with my tax refund so will be totally set then. :D

my wolfhound is just too big for me to get her in and out of the bath any more, so she goes to the groomer for a hydrobath. They only charge me $40 for a bath and blow dry, I think that is pretty good, although I haven't compared prices.

Hello All

This may seem like a silly question but how do all you big dog owners bath your dogs? You can't bath them in the laundry sink like little dogs. I have been trying to do it in the shower but they hate that (and no I'm not in there with them)

what do you find easiest getting a professional? outside with a bucket???? I would love to know.

Thanks

if your on the south side of Brisbane every Saturday there is a place in shailer park where they wash your dog for you for $10 or $15 for a flea and tick rinse

I cheat and take my big ones there, they don't have a drier throe

I don't have the energy to do it any more myself and my guys love them, come home nice and clean and happy

Used to wrestle with the dog and the hose in the backyard - never again :D

These days I head down to our local Petwise store - they have a grooming salon inside with DIY hydrobaths (& commercial dog driers). Unlimited use of everything is only $5 per dog. It is sooo much easier and the dogs seem to enjoy it more aswell.

With a 74kg dane - I used to do him in the large walk in shower and would hop in there with him and stand at the back - ended up damp of course. Now I have moved I have taught him to step into the bath tub and he stands there and I have a shower attachment on the bath taps and wash him that way.

we have a large hydrobath, but for a quickie wash, I use the 'rose on a rubber hose' attachement to the laundry taps, its too cold here for a hose bath !!

I have also stripped down to the undies and washed them in the shower with the flexi shower head.

fifi