A Pretty Sad Day For Us

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Am, such sad sad news.

Monster looked like a gorgeous yet mischievious soul...my heart goes out to you. Dogs teach us and give us so much, yet ask for very little in return. Comfort to him over the rainbow bridge.

Sending you healing thoughts and comfort hugs through cyberspace... :cool:

Amhailti ..... even though there might be a gap before you have a dog back in your household, please don't be a stranger here. I'd love to hear from you and how you're getting on.

Hey... you can always track me down on Facebook. :cool:

Hi folks,

I know that obituaries are normally posted in the "rainbow bridge" section of the forum, but I normally only frequent the training section of the forum, so I thought I'd post here so that people who know me don't miss it.

My staffy Monster passed away last night unexpectedly, at 9 1/2 years of age. When I came home from uni in the afternoon he was lying in the yard, just like he'd gone to sleep. He was perfectly happy and healthy - he'd spent the morning playing in the park, and the previous evening doing Rally-o at obedience school.

I first came to DOL nearly 4 years ago (!) wanting to learn new ways to manage dog aggression. Monster was the first dog I'd owned, and when I got him he was a bundle of uncontrolled dog aggression and predatory energy. Since then, he improved enough for us to get our CGC title, compete successfully in two obedience ribbon trials, and train Rally-o. He was always brimming with enthusiasm and life, and was sweet natured enough to win the hearts of many people who thought they didn't like "THAT type" of dog.

Thanks very much to everyone who has shared their training knowledge and suggestions, debated training ideas with me, and critiqued us on youtube, over the last 4 or so (!) years I've been on DOL. It has been very very much appreciated.

RIP M-dog, you'll be missed.

DSC04346.jpg

He looks beautiful and soo happy! What a great life you made for him with so much love.

Hi folks,

I know that obituaries are normally posted in the "rainbow bridge" section of the forum, but I normally only frequent the training section of the forum, so I thought I'd post here so that people who know me don't miss it.

My staffy Monster passed away last night unexpectedly, at 9 1/2 years of age. When I came home from uni in the afternoon he was lying in the yard, just like he'd gone to sleep. He was perfectly happy and healthy - he'd spent the morning playing in the park, and the previous evening doing Rally-o at obedience school.

I first came to DOL nearly 4 years ago (!) wanting to learn new ways to manage dog aggression. Monster was the first dog I'd owned, and when I got him he was a bundle of uncontrolled dog aggression and predatory energy. Since then, he improved enough for us to get our CGC title, compete successfully in two obedience ribbon trials, and train Rally-o. He was always brimming with enthusiasm and life, and was sweet natured enough to win the hearts of many people who thought they didn't like "THAT type" of dog.

Thanks very much to everyone who has shared their training knowledge and suggestions, debated training ideas with me, and critiqued us on youtube, over the last 4 or so (!) years I've been on DOL. It has been very very much appreciated.

RIP M-dog, you'll be missed.

DSC04346.jpg

He looks beautiful and soo happy! What a great life you made for him with so much love.