50mm 1.4 Or 1.8 Post Your Pics Here!

Kirislin

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you know how to set your camera manually for shutter speed, aperture and ISO then I would highly recommend doing that rather than going with partial auto, so you have more control over the shutter speed. I find that I often have trouble with shutter speeds as slow as 1/50 on the 50mm lens unless I really concentrate on not shaking and even then it can take a few goes. I doubt everyone has the same problem but as I mentioned before, it was a bit of a shock going from an IS lens to one without it.

I actually ready on a photography mag the other day that you should expect that shake etc will become a problem for a shutter speed at or lower then the size of your lense, so anythong under about 1/60 for a 50mm for example and it is likely that you might get blur

I am the same and now try to use this tip to help me decide if I need my tripod or not etc.

I whacked the 50mm on my film camera and took a few landscape photos with it once but I wasn't good at zooming with my feet, so great composition there with the landscape images!

Today I'm finishing some photos I took of a friend's daughter and am experimenting as I took a few pics. I've given this one an old faded 70s look in Photoshop.

4239850824_f26bd2b081.jpg

Edited by Ripley

I had a little photoshoot today some action shots with the dogs and thought since the 50 mm was already on the camera Id give it a go not expecting anything and heres the result, what a versatile little lense!

DSC_0221edit.jpg

DSC_0176edit.jpg

DSC_0165-1.jpg

nice action shots tlc. Here's another with the 50mm because I've been editing all afternoon. What was that other thread saying about vignettes? :rofl:

eta: sh*t, just noticed I forgot to clone out the little scar on her lip. Ah well, she'd a bit of a tomboy anyway.

4239249859_3075015fbf.jpg

Edited by Ripley

so i've been practising a little bit and am getting slowly better...

still a long way to go...

improving...

jemiahbw3.jpg

getting better... (adjusted the exposure in this one a little bit)

pensivejohnbw.jpg

even better... (still not there yet)

tyrahbw.jpg

Edited by jr_inoz

lensbaby lens arrived yesterday, these are the first few shots i've taken :laugh:

lots of learning to do with the manual side of things, and have to figure out how to use the flash manually now :)

the box it came in

post-2120-1262766739_thumb.jpg

the snail in our fish tank

post-2120-1262766771_thumb.jpg

keyboard at work

post-2120-1262766789_thumb.jpg

improving...

they're all lovely photos but this one is mesmerising for me, those eyes.......

they are the most amazing blue!

my brother (her dad) had those blue eyes and long curly eyelashes - so wasted on a boy. Good to see a girl get them in the next generation.

here she is in colour... (still practising with the lens)..

jemiahfix.jpg

Edited by jr_inoz