2009 Training/title Wish List

Seeing as this has been revived - thanks Troy!! :cry:

My goals for 2009 were:

Well I had a bumper year this year (CCD, CD and CDX in straight passes) so am not going to be greedy in 09. I would like to get her gold dumbbell and be ready for UD by the end of the year - I'll be content with that.

... we didn't quite make up the requirements for the gold dumbbell award here in QLD (5 quals over 190 during the year) but that was due to laziness on my behalf, I think we only did 6 trials in total! We will be ready to trial in UD early next year so I think I achieved that goal ish!

How did everyone else go??

Edited by Seita

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clover has a big year coming up. :cry:

I want her to get a title this year... Earthdog or tracking seem most likely, but conformation might just sneak up on us and we might manage to send in an entry form for CCD.

Clover has achieved her "NE" title and "Champion" title this year, making her: "Ch Burrowa Blue Flame NE"

She has also received two passes (out of a required 3) for her SE title. But we have to wait until earthdog season next year to achieve that.

For 2010 year...

I'm pretty sure we'll get her SE title, and perhaps her ME title too (from earthdog).

I hope to actually do tracking (I had awful timetabling issues last year), and perhaps CCD and CD, and perhaps JD.

Personally I'd like to be fit enough to get Clover her ET title too. Clover can do it no sweat!

Seeing as this has been revived - thanks Troy!! :cry:

:) I went to update my progress in this thread last night but couldn't, so asked Troy to revive it for us :cry:

I'll update my results tonight when I get some time :) (or if I can sneak back on my lunch break :))

Edited by RubyStar

For Bosco I would love for him to put those brains to use in a ring and get his Novice Obedience Title.

I would also like to get his AD and JD this year!

For Summer who isn't my dog but who I train and trial in Agility I would like to get her JD and maybe her AD if I get time to work on those colours....

Well I was lazy with the agility and didn't train. But did enter one Jumping trial and almost got a pass with Bosco only missing one tunnel entry. Summer just decided to go looking for her mum.

Unfortunately Summer when on to injure herself and therefore isn't allowed to do any agility until at least March next yeah so with her I will just have to wait.

Bosco's Novice didn't go so well. He managed one pass for me in Aug and has had some really really blonde moments since. However he has had some great days but just makes little mistakes every time.

There is always next year right?

Ruby:

I'd like to get a CCD title with Ruby before 2009 is up, and if that happens, hopefully to at least enter a CD just to see how we go - no expectations on that one. We're enrolled in a retrieving class starting Feb so hoping that goes ok! If she's any good and we enjoy it, I'd like to pursue that with her too.

Millie:

I hope before the year is out she'll be ready to enter her first CCD trial, but that's going to depend on how much I put into her as I would really like to work hard to make 2009 Ruby's year for her first obedience title! Would also like the not-interested-in-toys Millie to be able to pick a dumbell up! :D

I've had a pretty good year I guess, considering I only trialled half of it!

We managed Ruby's CCD title on the 1st May in three successive trials (failed the first though due to a drop in her sit stay :rofl:), then took a break from the ring until October. She debuted in Novice at the WA State Trial and even though we didn't qualify (that pesky SFE!!), it was the BEST round she has ever given me and I couldn't be more pleased! :)

Did a teensy bit of retrieving, but real life took over meaning I couldn't make it to Saturday lessons, so that one is on the backburner for whenever I feel like it again.

Didn't get Millie ready for CCD, I spent most of my time on Ruby this year. However, we achieved the dumbell goal! That was a long road that one. A dog that wouldn't even touch the thing, to a dog who will now bring it back to me and from last night, she is now sitting in front of me with it on her return :laugh::shrug: Now I just have to get her to hold it for a bit longer before taking it and tidy it up!

As a bonus, I managed to teach both my girls scent discrimination. Was shocked at how quickly Millie caught on! :) Of course, they both need perfecting with it big time :p

Couldn't be happier with what my girls have achieved this year when they have such a novice trainer to contend with! :)

Edited by RubyStar

I have just finished writing a summary of what the kids achieved training and title wise in 2008 - which got me thinking - what would I like to achieve in 2009. :laugh:

So heregoes (praying to Santa and the obedience and agility gods).....

LEXI

Obedience - CDX title - this is doable

Agility - ADX JDX titles if she can keep all the bars up

Would also like to give retrieving a go......

BEANS

Obedience - That last CDX leg - its been a work in progress for over 12 months.

Agility - all I want for Xmas is some distance handling please.......

BLAIZE

Obedience - YES YES YES on a more consistent basis if possible.

Agility - argh she can retire

SCOOTA

Obedience - hmm planning 2 interstate trips and have the Obedience Nationals in Perth - so an order for some top notch, not over the top, no crabbing type work please, where you do acknowledge the jump I indicate in the directed jumping exercise and you do hold onto the gloves until I say "give" and don't throw them at me in anticipation of running to the car for a jackpot.

Agility - you get what you train - so maybe to complete a few more training sessions would be nice.

The only thing not ticked off on the list is Lexi's JDX title and her doing some retrieving - she had a few months out of action due to illness - so i don't think we did too badly :shrug:

Edited by Ptolomy

I've had a big think about this one...

For Jedi:

- To have done ONE complete dumbbell retrieve by the end of the year. That will at least give me hope!!

- To have him at CCD/CD level by the end of the year. I don't want to put trialling as a goal, because that's not something I want to rush into with him.

- To start agility for fun and see where it takes us!

- Keep expanding his trick training repertoire

For Ahsoka:

- To gain a bucket of points towards her show title

- To start taking her obedience work seriously and get her to CD level (don't know when I'll start trialling - again, no rush!)

- Try lure coursing and see if she likes it

- Start agility towards the end of the year and see where it takes us

Well!!!

Jedi

- has started trialling in ccd but his allergies have thrown a major spanner in the works!!!

- got his HIC

- passed his therapy dog test

- started agility

- started flyball

- retrieves!!!!!!!! Woooh!!!

Ahsoka

- gained her Australian championship for conformation

- is getting there with obedience... A bit rough around the edges! Haha!

- didn't do lure coursing but we've started agility and flyball and tracking

- gained her HIC

next year is going to be awesome! I'm going to think about my wishlist for 2010.

Edited by TerraNik

Well I cerainly can not complain in regards to how well we have done :thumbsup::)

Seven acheived her Aust champion at the start of the year, with best exhibit in group & aust bred in show, at the same show, just to add the "cherry on top" and is "oh so close" to her first leg of Ud.

Tasha passed her Ccd, Cd & has one leg to her Cdx

Not bad considering we only have about 20 trials down here in Tassie, IF you are prepared to travel the state.

Here's to 2010 :thumbsup:

Well I cerainly can not complain in regards to how well we have done :thumbsup::)

Seven acheived her Aust champion at the start of the year, with best exhibit in group & aust bred in show, at the same show, just to add the "cherry on top" and is "oh so close" to her first leg of Ud.

Not bad considering we only have about 20 trials down here in Tassie, IF you are prepared to travel the state.

Here's to 2010 :thumbsup:

Oh btw I forgot to mention too that my hubby had both Tasha & Seven certified as Delta Companion Dogs, to be able to visit nursing homes etc :laugh:

Koas - AD and novice titles in ADAC and ADAA

ETA Forgot about Jumping! Would love some Jumping titles too (probably more likely than agility ones as we have yet to perfect our contacts and weaving is almost there!)

Diesel - would love for him to not stress at obedience so we could trial! But if that's not likely, at least enjoy tracking and learn more about that (not sure if I have the time to put into getting him to trial standard there :thumbsup: )

OK out of these we did manage to get Kaos's ADAC Novice Jumping. Some running off issues caused problems for a while but we are well on the way to getting that sorted - he is fine as long as he is focussed and we don't make a mistake :thumbsup:

Unfortunately Diesel's health problems have caused me to forget about trialling him altogether.

Here's to a successful 2010 :)

Edited by Kavik

Xena will have her SAAD and maybe even MAAD titles in agility, her CCD and hopefully CD titles in obedience, plus crack the magic 400 point barrier in flyball.

OK, we got our SAAD title might just squeeze in our MAAD if the jumping gods smile on us in a week or so, but unlikely. Had a disagreement with an obedience instructor so didn't end up pursuing that dream. I think we might JUST have scraped through for the FM (Flyball Master) title with 400 points, although there is some repair work to be done there.

CK will have his AAD title in agility and CCD and CD titles, plus be just behind Xena in flyball.

CK has been AWESOME In flyball this year and has just about got to 400 points as well. (remember this is Qld where we only have a handful of comps each year). He got his BAAD title, and MAY just scape through for his AAD in his last 2 trials for the year - as long as the poor petal decides it is OK to weave.......

I'm not sure if we will compete in ANKC agility yet - there is already a lot on the plate.

We did get to one trial and got one quali for each of the puppies. More to come next year methinks - ANKC agility instead of obedience might be the go.

Oh, and both will have their FDE title in frisbee.

We did get this one. CK was the 4th dog to achieve this and Xena was the 6th dog to achieve it. Mr CK also exceeded everyone's expectations and now has the only quali card ever awarded for the FDM title. That really depends as much on the thrower as it does on the dog.........it's a LONG way to throw a frisbee that consistently.

What I really want though is for their ongoing good health to not change!!

This one we excelled in!! Not a problem or an unscheduled trip to the vet all year......touch wood.

Good timing, had our last trial this past weekend, apart from a couple of ribbon agility trials! I love reading the updates!!

OK, can Santa please bring:

POLO

Obedience - CDX title would be nice please.

Retrieving - RRD title would be luverly, but I'll settle for looking like he should be there, and maybe a win or two :(

Agility - I'm not really sure here. I'd like to get him into Novice in 2009, but as Ptolomy said, you get what you train, so I think I need to train :thumbsup: Oh I know, to decide on weave and contact strategies and train them. A novice title by the end of the year would be good.

Obedience - Polo gained his CDX in September :) After a couple of false starts he knocked off his title within a month ;)

Retrieving - Polo had and awesome year in retrieving! Not quite his RRD, but has two wins and multiple placings. He has done some fantastic work and most of it is natural ability as I've been slack in training :angel:

Agility - Ummmmmmm... next to no training and no trialing :laugh: At this stage I'm aiming for Novice at the Nationals.

ROGAN

Obedience - be ready to compete in UD by the end of the year.

Retrieving - That last bl**dy restricted win for his RRD!!!! He will retire at the end of this season regardless.

Agility - Maintain his consistency. An SPDM which is achieveable. That ellusive GDM would be nice to finish off the M's. I think this is the 3rd year I've wish for a GDM :laugh: I HATE Masters Gamblers!! Definite handler malfunction there.

Obedience - Um, nope :D Did some UD training but neither of us were enjoying it, so thats ont he back burner.

Retrieving - Yes!!! Knocked off that 3rd win at te start of the season and he's been retried ever since :(

Agiltiy - Rogan now has all his 'M's having gained SPDM at the start of the year and finally his GDM in October :thumbsup:

I am happy to just see how Daisy goes but I would ultimately love to enter her in a CCD trial this year. The big dream is a CCD title but I'm not in a hurry :)

We didn't make a CCD trial this year but are hoping to trial early-ish next year :thumbsup: I am so happy with Daisy's focus and keenness to work now, her focus and drive have come along in leaps and bounds and I'm really happy with where she's at.

What I'd love to achieve in 09

Muffin: ADX and SD.. a few JDM passes would be nice but i dont think ti will happen

Oscar: ADX, JDX, (GD - done!)

Plus santa, I would like my dogs to magically learn to go "out" :o

But most of all I just want my dogs to continue having fun in agility and be happy and healthy :(

Muffin got her ADX and SD and has 2 JDM passes... is now mostly retired and gets one ish run at each trial if it isnt too hot.

Oscar has 3 passes towards his ADX, got his JDX and has 2 JDM passes. he can go "out" at training but looks at me strangely if I ask hinm to at a trial :cry::)

They both had lots of fun this year and me with them :rofl: AND now I have a new puppy to start training :eek::rofl:

Good idea. This will shame me into training more :)

PIOBAIREACHD

JD, JDX, AD, and a return to pre-trialling speed

BLOSSOM

JD, AD

NESSIE:

a pass for level 1 agility classes, and no more fear of tunnels

MAGIC:

Completed club level obedience classes (puppy, beginners, intermediate, advanced, transition - hmm may have to skip one to fit them all in LOL)

A pass in level 1 agility classes

Ooh I had forgotten about this. I cant believe a year has gone by :rofl: . I didnt make most of my training aims as I stopped training agility with Peebs and Blossom, and concentrated on showing Magic. What I did do :

PIOBAIREACHD

Aim: JD, JDX, AD, and a return to pre-trialling speed

Did: JD, one JDX pass

BLOSSOM

Aim: JD, AD

Did: work out a way to get her to not run out of the ring! No passes in JD or AD though

NESSIE:

AIM: a pass for level 1 agility classes, and no more fear of tunnels

DID: no agility training unfortunately

MAGIC:

AIM: Completed club level obedience classes (puppy, beginners, intermediate, advanced, transition - hmm may have to skip one to fit them all in LOL)

A pass in level 1 agility classes

DID: puppy and beginners obedience. Dropped out after that to concentrate on showing. Too young for agility classes yet.

Boy have I failed on my training aims :eek: . Now I feel really bad. I find that after showing all weekend, I dont feel like training during the week.

Edited by BittyMooPeeb

Well I cerainly can not complain in regards to how well we have done ;) :mad

Here's to 2010 :mad

Oh btw I forgot to mention too that my hubby had both Tasha & Seven certified as Delta Companion Dogs, to be able to visit nursing homes etc :o

Biker_girl, you should be thrilled to bits with how you're going with your beautiful girls. I was so glad to be able to see them working again the other week.

I don't think I did a wish list - didn't want to put the mozz on myself :mad . But I'm very pleased with what we've achieved this year.

Kirra (Khayoz Sweet Soul Music)

Finished off her ADM and JDM, ADO2 and Snooker Dog. (We've given up Gamblers and Snooker for now while I try to get my Greg Derrett handling to become second nature - a bit hard at my age :mad and haven't got a pairs partner at present to try to get the 2 Excellent passes we need. )

She also gained TDX - we need some more training to get Test 7 - hopefully T.Ch next year.

Rory (Winpara Soul Dreamer)

Has been having fun in the show ring, thanks to a good friend and a couple of great junior handlers, although he's only shown lightly. He's had 2 Baby in Show and a couple of Baby in Groups, a Minor in Show and a couple of Minor in Group, not much as Puppy (major coat drop) and a Junior in Group. As a Minor, he got 4 Dog CCs, 3 BOBs (once short listed for Group), and has 38 points. His coat is coming back in now, so here's hoping for more fun and fringies next year.

Molls I want a CD title, ET and to keep up the nice clean runs at flyball she's been giving me in the latter part of this year

Ed I want a CD and an ET, and the start of CDX

Most of all I want them to enjoy it, and for me to be a little bit more relaxed in there and be able to believe in myself

Well Mollys given me beautiful runs at flyball and is only around 25 points from her FM (flyball masters title) With 2 more comps still to go this year she's got a great chance of nabbing that

Havent trialled her at all this year

Ed got his 2 novice passes - just got to get that third one, and he got his FD then FDX in 2 flyball comps which is brilliant, and another 2 comps to go for the year, bring on the FDCh

ET idea got dropped due to pregnancy laziness!

Best of all they are enjoying it much more, and foo run through last night went great, they were happy, they did their exercises great after a big break, and though the heeling was rusty they got into the swing of it pretty quickly (even with me waddling around like a duck with my big belly!)

Edited by shoemonster

We didnt make a plan for last year, only to settle new pup (jovi) into the household, and skye was retired from everything (her choice). In the end Beck got his TSD title, the new pup gained his HT and TD, and skye briefly came out for herding retirement to get her HSAs.

Next year we plan to be a bit more active and get Beck his TSDX and hopefully novice (i just have to get brave), and Jovi well hopefully he might enjoy showing but his main aim are a second pass for his herding PT and Tracking Champion title, and hopefully ready to trial in obedience.

I'd like to see some big improvement & more consistency in my handling skills instead of the stupid little mistakes I make which cost passes. :o

Skills: Contacts, weave entries and obstacle discriminations. Obviously more box work and advanced handling work from the GD workshop :love:

Titles and passes: JDM and more Top Dog points would be awesome. ADX as we have 2 passes to go and make a start on ADM and ADO.

Might have a crack at CD but I think I said that last year. :o

Well we did some good work early on in the year, Darcy scored her first pass in JDM at the last trial of the year and had her JDM + an extra pass by mid-April, and that's with 2 months off in January/Feb. :laugh: Ended up with 70 Top Dog points which I was pretty happy with for her first year in JDM.

She also finished off her ADX in April and her ADM in early October, as well as her JDO and GDX. We made a start on ADO, only 4 more to go. :)

Unfortunately my lack of work on the basics has bit me in the butt quite a lot this last few months (guess what's on my to do list for the rest of the year?!). :)

And no I haven't had a go at CD yet, done a bit of work on our turns and my footwork and heeling in general. Was going to enter her at Portland but we might leave it until our local trial in April.