The Official January Photo A Day Challenge

Ashanali

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's the only code that would copy. After several attempts at trying the normal code and something previous being pasted instead, I gave up and went with the one that worked! :thumbsup:

Bleh, Photobucket's copy system has never worked properly. Sometimes you have to ctrl + A and ctrl + C yourself.

ILTBY, wow wow wow, they are amazing shots. :love: definitely good enough to be published.

Wow, thank you so much BB :love:

Love today's series, Nik!

Love the perspective you've used, Huga.

Montall, your Gouldian is stunning!

AM, incredible wasp!

Warley, beautiful photo of a beautiful creature.

Becks, very cute.

lea, what a lovely photo.

Huga, love the shadows and light effects.

Aquamalamute, that would have to be the prettiest wasp that I have ever seen.

TerraNik, love it :love: looks like something was tasty. the water one is very clever :thumbsup:

Montall, what a pretty flower, love the petals.

RavyK, good panning shots.

Today's subject is my dad.

I knew I was seeing my dad today and was trying to think how I would photograph him. Then it occurred to me to photograph him the way I have seen him since I was a little girl and will always see him for the rest of time.

These were quite hard to shoot. I was fighting the hard salon lighting and I also had to think about angles and reflections as I was shooting through the salon mirror and didn't want the camera to be reflected in the image. I lined the camera up so I was looking down the lens barrell through the reflection, then I tilted toward my dad ever so slightly, half pressed the shutter button to focus then took the shot. I only took 5 photos and got two that I was happy with (seen here in their cropped and uncropped versions).

Then I also took a photo of my dad in front of his trophy cabinet. Those are only a small fraction of the trophies he was won over his lifetime. :thumbsup: He will be retiring to Greece in a year or two. I think he looks pretty good for a workaholic approaching his 69th birthday.

Anyway, this is my little autobiographical series titled, "Me and My Dad the Hairdresser"

3214187487_a79f2a7885.jpg

3215037430_261bdfed10.jpg

3214184943_4fc0c1edaf.jpg

3215036558_a96ab5e764.jpg

TerraNik Kitchen photo is lovely. Great sequence photo. Brilliant

PPS loving your horse photos

becks very cute :love:

lea Lovely photo of a special friend. So much loyalty in those eyes

huga nice aspect. The grevilleas are so hardy.

aquaticmalamute Wow what a great colour that wasp is .

montall Love the colour of the flower. Gorgeous finch. They have the nicest colours

ravyk very nice :thumbsup:

Bindi-Boo very clever

ashanali Great photos of your dad . wow he has won a lot of trophies . Are they for hairdressing ?

ashanali Great photos of your dad . wow he has won a lot of trophies . Are they for hairdressing ?

:rofl: Thank you. Yes, they are all for hairdressing. In 1990 he moved from a very large salon to the little one he is in today. He ended up having to dump a huge amount of his trophies as he had nowhere to store them and he couldn't fit them in the new salon. He's a very talented man.

:rofl: Thank you. Yes, they are all for hairdressing. In 1990 he moved from a very large salon to the little one he is in today. He ended up having to dump a huge amount of his trophies as he had nowhere to store them and he couldn't fit them in the new salon. He's a very talented man.

Thats just amazing. You must be so proud of him .

I'm struggling. I had to come home 20 or so minutes before I wanted to and now I haven't got one I'm happy with. I'll finish editing and will pop in here later.

ETA: This was taken looking up into a storm filled sky so the background was all grey, then I've played around with the colours.

IMG_9427.jpg

I try not to do a second pic, as it's called " a photo a day" but this one I have titled

" Dog food made romantic "

It's the Friskies factory :rofl:

IMG_9443.jpg

Edited by PPS

Here are my few for the catch up and one for today. I am quite uninspired at the moment - too much going on. I am off to Canberra on the weekend so hopfully I will be able to get some nice pics from there.

My first ever attempt at car lights.. Hmm maybe next time I should use a tripod :rofl:

IMG_7805.jpg

Taken late at night with no lights

IMG_8116.jpg

Todays - my next door neighbour let me take pics of him cutting some metal :eek:

IMG_8134.jpg

Poodle Mum The Llama (?) is so cute. Lovely blue sky and very clear photos

PPS love the lavender. That would look great on a greeting card

Jag great night shot of the palm. Love the sparks

Todays photo . Introducing "kelpie"

DSC011251.jpg