Ashanali

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow, today could be farm day on Dol. :laugh:

love the chooks, huga. The second photo looks like they are butting heads. :laugh:

Lea, lovely shot , very serene.

Popsicle, I love pigs :p

Persephone, great photo, how close did you have to get, to get that photo? ;)

Love the Holden atmosphere, Warls. :laugh:

tlc, you sure do own some great looking animals. The eyes in the first photo are captivating.

aquamalamute, great macro.

jayc, pretty flowers and sunset

Mtd, that photo is very reminiscent of where King Kong lives. :)

CM love the shot of your doggy with the left over strawberrys, is the pic black and white and just the straws in color, very clever.

thanks lea and tlc :)

sort of, I did it the easy way and desaturated to 0% all the colours other than red. I'm not real good with the spot tool or whatever it's called. I have tried it that way in one of the others I've done somewhere but didn't think it worked as well. There is some kind of red toning (even though I think it is more browny/orangey to look at) in the wood decking behind him which is shown up more in some of the other shots I took that I couldn't escape from using this method - and desaturating the green to 0% made the strawberry leaves look a little funny but I thought this one worked ;)

CM is your dally a smiler??....your dgs are soo photogenic

thanks, yeh he is, but for a 1000th of a second, I've not been able to get him to hold it for longer, I was thinking earlier this month I'll be lucky if I ever get a shot of that :( ... he only ever does it under specific circumstances and a camera infront of my eyes is not one of those times ... I see your pink poo is a smiler - nice pic! :)

pps - I'm not much of a car person but I love Mount Panorama :laugh: pity about the missed photo-op of the guy who almost ran you over, and I love the "sad" race track pic - I like it when it's nice and quiet ;)

huga - lovely chooks! I've loved your pics to date ;)

lea - can't wait to see a birthday Stella giant schnauzer running through there - looks like a lovely spot for a picnic!

pops - nice piggy pic ... cute little playing piglets

terranik - cool skink ... to my eyes it has 2 heads, everytime I first look at it, it takes me a minute to get my bearings and find the position of the head :laugh:

mtd - love that mountain! very atmospheric

persephone - awesome "boy" ... um I've heard dragon? I was thinking goanna? great shot!

bindi-boo - the mirror shots have been great, love that blue sky and clouds ... very cool :p I really like it!

itlby - looks to be a baby grasshopper with that head? but I'm not real good with these sorts of identifying of things ... is that white fluff coming off it's butt or is it related to the plant? :laugh:

Oops, forgot a whole page of photos, sorry. :)

Persephone, looks like an idealic place to sit back and relax.

CM...oohh, love the red strawberries effect.

becks, very interesting photo :laugh:

poodlemum, that is a classic, :laugh: smile for the camera!!!!

montall, nice shot, are they water crystal thingys?

TerraNik, oh right place at the right time, great shot.

Jossie, great capture.

HOpe I have not missed anyone. :p

and thank you for all your lovely comments everyone. :laugh:

The white fluff was coming from him :) It looks sort of similar to this shot that a contact of mine on Redbubble uploaded-

http://www.redbubble.com/people/starkatz/a...91438-2-no-idea

hmm, that is some weird critter :laugh:

today's pic is all about the tree in the background ... in high winds yesterday a big branch from it broke loose falling over the telephone wires - after a call to the council, removal of the branches, 2 telephone companies fixing their lines the council have made an appointment for it's removal. I'm not real happy about it, this tree is the largest out the front of my house, no longer will I have the shade or the feel of privacy I enjoy with it now and it was one of the first things I shot when I got my DSLR and switched to manual ... I had to take a photo or two to remember it ... I also took heaps without Chester :p

3220146558_38d99b6baa.jpg

Darcy is beautiful, sleepy on the stairs :laugh:

love the golden boy :laugh:

this was actually from yesterday, I went to St Kilda beach with a friend and 4 whippets. It was incredibly windy so much so it nearly blew us off our feet. The wind was warm though, we had a great time. Little Kibah was leaning into the wind and her mane was blowing around like a horses'

Here's a pic of the dust storm.

IMG_2857tcsduststormstkilda.jpg

I think a lot of my garden shrivelled up and died in those hot dust storms yesterday. Dog School was a write-off too! :laugh:

I apologise for not commenting on everyone's stuff. Just know that it's all great and inspirational.

Today my theme was purple.

IMG_2558-1.jpg

and

IMG_2566-1.jpg

Erractic

DSCF0154.jpg

incase you are wondering about the big rock, here's what is says on the plate (or as they say on the shampoo adverts 'here's the science bit'!)

DSCF0153.jpg

and about yesterdays pic, yes, that was a plant growing out of the stump.

Jayc

what is the second photo?

its very interesting.

I was wondering about that too... odd angle, BUT it looks like an old glass insulator from when telephone lines were strung between poles- the insulators stopped the wire touching wood or metal.

There were glass and porcelain ones.

Not 100%sure :)

My beautiful mare Pagan, Aussie Stock Horse. about 10 minutes ago. she's in the Jenny Craig paddock again and this look was saying are you going to let me out?

IMG_2894tcst.jpg

Look how pretty her fluffy wavy forelock is.

Edited by Kirislin