The Official January Photo A Day Challenge

Ashanali

lol at the blur that is Harry. :rofl:

aww, how super soft is super dawg,

tlc, wow, I absolutely love the light in the first photo, a glorious pink. Breathtaking.Great shot!

mtd, very romantic, has great atmosphere.

Poodlemum, yummm !!! that looks very tasty. I am one of those people who remember, oh heck I have not taken a photo yet, what will I take? My family laugh at me as I am snapping away at random objects. :rofl:

TerraNik, wowwee !!!! they are brilliant! I tried again with hubbies help, we did it over the sink and whoosh water went everywhere, counter, floor. :rofl: I did not manage to capture it. It is very hard to get the right timing, you are very clever. :rolleyes:

Jag, I love them both, love the silhouette in the late afternoon, dusk. With the second landscape, the colour is amazing.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bindi - I don't know what camera you have, but did you try putting it on high-speed continuous? That makes it easier as long as long as you don't want to be too specific on when the camera goes off. It is very messy though!!!!!!!!

Edited by TerraNik

Too hot today. That's my excuse anyway.

This was an attempt at something arty farty. Didn't work, but I don't mind it.

IMG_2705.jpg

and

another suburban sunset~ which is embarrassing really, compared to Jag's gorgeous shots.

IMG_2741.jpg

There was a bush fire today hence the strong colurs in the late sky.

You mean this one near Kurri? I was going to use this one (taken on very ordinany Kodak from a moving car) as my photo for today but hated it so much then I went and took boring photos of the dogs :cry: Lucky you getting pretty sky colors, we have been sitting in the middle of a thick smoke haze all afternoon :)

100_4755_2copy.jpg

Yes that is the fire causing so much chaos and gorgeous sunsets for us not in the line of smoke. I do feel for you AM as I really hate being stuck in the smoke haze.

Nice pic of it though - shows the intensity.

Lovely shots JAG!
Thank you Poocow.
Wow, Jag the colours in the second one are amazing!
They just kept getting better and better as the sun set. I too was amazed as I was going to go back inside and then decided to do a second set of pics because I saw the moon.
another suburban sunset~ which is embarrassing really, compared to Jag's gorgeous shots.
Nothing embarrassing about that pic jayC. It reminds me of when I used to live in the city. You have captured the sunset just beautifully. :cry: I also like your arty farty pic as it is something different.

BB also looking forward to seeing more of your baloon popping shots. I love that ad on TV with the slow mo water shots. Fascinating!!

Huge effort from me for the Jan challenge :)

Anyway, I came across this cute guy Tues night.

I love Kingfishers - this is a Sacred Kingfisher with

a bug ready for its baby/ies.

I will go back when the heatwave is over and try

get some more shots as I know where the nest is :cry:

original.jpg

Anyway, I came across this cute guy Tues night.

I love Kingfishers - this is a Sacred Kingfisher with

a bug ready for its baby/ies.

I will go back when the heatwave is over and try

get some more shots as I know where the nest is :cry:

original.jpg

aww this is just too much!! You have these guys to take pics of!!!!! Not fair pricky pear! I need an emoticon with bottom lip pout.

Thanks BB.....thats my homemade nachos!!! 1 of many things I do with a giant batch of the mince mixture I make for spag bol :rolleyes:

AM......I must be blind...I was at Kurri TAFE for most of the day & didn't even see the smoke :rofl: ....got stuck for 60mins on the F3 instead going home :D

Chez that kingfisher pic is sooooo clear!

That kingfisher picture is so good it should be in a bird book. That photo of the bush fire is incredible. Sometimes we get too caught up in the quality of the photos and overlook the content. The sheer size of that smoke column looming over the house is terrifying. I could see a book cover in that one. Must have books on the brain today. :D

Here are my couple for today.

White water at the bottom of the jungle garden.

IMG_2399.jpg

And the inevitable flower, seems like I find at least one every day.

IMG_2402.jpg

Hi Guys, Im so over the hot weather, Kirislin, you were braving the elements for your shots, was that thermometer over 50 unreal, it has got to 44 here today and a horrible north wind, and some cretin lighting fires around the town :confused::mad Not much inspiration here today so sorry it is doggys again, I wasnt at all pleased with these pics but I had a little play with them in PS and they havent turned out too bad. My boy Bronson.

29th January

DSC_0050editsig-1.jpg

DSC_0056editsig-1.jpg

Oh I forgot to add, great shots again, love the doggy and the bubbles and my fav for today was the kingfisher, amazing picture and amazing colors, great shot,

AM......I must be blind...I was at Kurri TAFE for most of the day & didn't even see the smoke :mad ....got stuck for 60mins on the F3 instead going home :confused:

It started up around 3pm, I took that photo at 4:30 on the way home from shopping, you may have headed home before it started and not be blind after all :party:

Again, great shots from everyone :( I especially like the Kingfisher and swan. The colours in TN's bubbles and the red frangipani are just lovely :birthday:

Here is my pic for today. I was photographing some antique woodworking machinery for advertising and decided that I quite like this one, so am using it for my photo for today :cheers:

IMG_9927_edited-1.jpg

Edited by aquaticmalamute