Grandma Passed Away This Morning.....

Trisven13

Our lovely old kelpie foster failure, Grandma, passed away in her sleep this morning. Unfortunately my work computer has shat itself and it has all my lovely Grandma photos on it and I can't seem to add the links to any of her photos - and somehow on this computer I can't see emoticons, or link & photobucket buttons???? I can't wait to access my computer as I took some lovely photos of her just last week.

Sadly we were away for the long weekend and my wonderful friend had the sorry task of taking her body to my vet to wait until we got home to bury her. We will bury her out on my parents 80 acre property tomorrow night with beautiful views of Hume Dam and where cows can walk over her and moo.... She will love it!!!

Grandma - we never planned on keeping you but I haven't regretted a moment - I just wish I'd had you longer. Its about a week short of a year since you arrived and you stole everyone's heart - the kids adored you (particularly McKenzie), the puppies adored you, the other dogs looked up to you and even Grover would run scared.

You must have been a real bitch in your youth as you initially wanted to chase the cats until you realised they (a) wouldn't run and (b) you couldn't have caught them even if they had. ROFLOL

You quickly made one particular crate your home and would happily spend hours in there in the ducted heating and cooling. All it took was a deep "oof" though and up one of us would jump and let you outside until 5 minutes later you "oofed" again to come back inside. Yes we taught you a bad habit but we rarely minded.... LOL - okay sometimes I minded when I had to get up 10 times in an hour or multiple times in the middle of the night but your complete indifference to my exasperation showed me it was pointless to be mad.

Your favourite thing in life was dinner-time when you would devour two chicken frames despite having hardly any teeth left LOL. Once it hit 8.30pm you'd be "oofing" again to let us know that you were hungry so we all jumped to your command - if we didn't you wouldn't shut-up until your dinner arrived. Man you had us well trained.

The only regret I have is that I will never know how old you really were - I would have loved to celebrate your grand age but we will always guess. I think you were around 15 though you could have been older still - your back legs were so rickety, your teeth almost non-existent and your eyes clouded - but you had no fear and no favour. You were top bitch here and no-one will fill your place. I am so thankful to those idiots who left you to die in a pound after your years of loyalty because without their stupidity I would never have had you.

I'm not a big rainbow bridge person but I hope that somewhere, someday you get to run free and easy again. It would sure be a sight to see.

RIP Grandma - I wish I had been here for you.

:( Hugs to you Trish, I know where you are at, we had to put Emily to sleep last week. Know that Grandma appreciated every minute she had with you and the pleasure you gave her in her last year was the most important. Its all a little uncanny, as my pc crashed and I lost all the photos from the last 4 mths, a lot of them of Em. I hope you manage to get yours back up and running so the memories can be seen.

RIP Grandma :)

:(:) oh Trish, I'm so sad to read this.

I could hear the love and humour in your voice when you spoke of Grandma.

love to your kids who will be feeling her loss so much.

Don't feel guilty about being away, we cannot be home 24/7, and she would have been peacefully asleep & old & happy - something she would never have seen if you hadn't taken her home.

She spared you the sadness of making 'that' decision & last trip to the vet, good on you old girl.

run free Grandma...

love fifi, danny & hounds xxxx

Oh they are beautiful Tibbiemax, I just love old dogs.

Grandma chose 'her' day to go, Australia day - for an Aussie breed.

Can't ask for much more in a life, to go peacefully at a ripe old age, much loved.

fifi

Thank you Tibbiemax.... They show my lovely old girl at her finest. I will have to print them off and frame them.

Fifi - she definitely picked her time and I couldn't have asked for more than for her to die in her sleep. It just, strangely I suppose given her age, came as a real surprise to everyone who knew her. She was no ricketier, no different at all, in fact OH and I used to joke all the time that we didn't think she would ever die - her heart just finally had enough. She came to us with an expectation of 3 months (given her severe heart murmer, her mammary tumours and her perennieal (sp?) tumour). Instead she surprised everyone and became firmly wedged in our lives and our hearts.

Rest easy old girl :(

You did your family proud and they will never forget you.

It's never easy losing an oldie. I had to send my old girl Sammy to the bridge last year and I still cry for her.

Take care of yourselves.