Ashanali

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Four more from the challenge list!

Home...I don't live there anymore, really, but it will always be home to me because it's where I grew up and it's where my Dad lives

...the scene

IMG_0095.jpg

...the house

IMG_2373.jpg

Car ... check out the story here (scroll about halfway-ish down)

IMG_0140.jpg

Old ... 1929 Plymouth instrument panel :thumbsup:

IMG_0121.jpg

Portrait

IMG_2376.jpg

Edited by kja

Lea, love your shadow one :laugh: I love the way you think outside, I've been trying the same approach, but not as well as some of you :love:

kja, I have friends who live in Iowa, in Waterloo. It's been a hard winter for them, hasn't it?

Here are 2 for today, nightlight and shapes.

100_0563.jpg

100_0562.jpg

Thanks a lot CM :rofl: I love your music shot, anything macro is a thumbs up from me :rofl: I actually had another idea for music but couldn't think how to do it. I think the matches idea was good in theory but resulted in a lot of frustration :eek: Am happy with the pic of Misty though, he's very photogenic :rofl: Definitely post some more water shots, the more the better! Love your look up shot too, Texas is a spunk.

thanks, I hadn't thought of it as a macro shot :rofl:

this was my other idea for "music" - you'll need to use a little imagination, he's hitting the drum pedal with his paw - it was a great fun shoot :D

3297329666_14de123aef.jpg

"drummer boy"

3297329352_bbbca3a2c3.jpg

CM, love the music one, is he singing. :rofl:

yeh sorta, I took a very loose interpretation of "music" for it, as it's more a bark and I'm not sure even I can say that is "music to my ears" :rofl: ... a real stretch :rofl:

montall - I like your interpretation of keys and child :noidea:

quoll - your pink shot is really nice!

poocow - totally love those shots of Sydney (I so miss Sydney) and the quality from your iphone is fantastic imho

luckypup - cute pups :rofl:

I really need to find some time to a) process the ones I have and was going to use for January or b) get out and shoot some stuff! LOL

:rofl: I can sympathise, I have been so muddled and disorganised for February :rofl:

Brilliant shots, I totally love your "home" series, beautiful! I've become a big fan of snow - at least in pictures, really not a fan of being cold myself :rofl:

Terranik - I really like your recent contributions :rofl: I just noticed "drama" on the list yesterday, I like your scene, I have no idea how I'm going to proceed with that one (crikey, if I get there :laugh: )

lea - great shapes, now that item I have missed :laugh: I'm enjoying your exploration!

I'm totally satisfied with this "portrait" shot of Texas :rofl:

3296488481_6db8e13348.jpg

adolescent "child"?

3296487201_fda4b1e5e9.jpg

:rofl:

Not part of the challenge, although I suppose it could be eyes.

For those who were asking a few pages back about the 'traffic' on my night lights pic. Last night when I took the dogs out for a last toileting before bed they had an audience. The destination at the other end of the possum highway. Cheeky bugger. :thumbsup:

IMG_2553.jpg

Lea, love your shadow one, I have 3 similar looking shadows, too. Your shapes one is great too, love the perspective.

Kja, absolutely love your 'Old' and 'Portait' shots, the portrait one in particular is very effective - it feels quite lonely.

Twospirit, love your 'Dance' one :rofl:

TerraNik, your 'Drama' one is really priceless :thumbsup:

CM, love your other music shots, drummer boy is really cute. Child is hilarious too :rofl:

AM, your 'Best Friends' shot is gorgeous...love your collection too, those halters are stunning.

And OT, but I got my 40D last week too Nik :laugh:

A bit of a story to this one. I have a couple of big bird aviaries, one for budgies and one for finches. I am getting out of finches but didn't want to sell them off so am letting them live their lives out where most of them were born, just not allowing them to breed anymore. These two little guys are two entirely different species. The one on the left is a male orange breast and the one on the right is a female ruddy or African fire finch. After they lost their respective mates they buddied up and every night they fly to this branch and snuggle up together to sleep. Very cute. I would have liked the pic to be sharper and maybe have caught them snuggled up, but this was the best I could do. I am losing light and they are getting sick of me pointing the camera at them. They are both very old now, well past the age finches are supposed to live to, so I don't like to upset them too much.

IMG_2559.jpg

Lea I love your "shapes". You can feel the clouds moving. Brilliant.

CM fantastic "portrait". Well done it's beautiful.

Dance. We went to a 40th dress up party. My sis went as a Gold Digger. :( Here is a dance series I like. It was only taken with a point and shoot thing, so not the best quality.

3299218082_2d04acce9e.jpg

Shadows. When I was young I use to be scared of the dark. :laugh: I believed that there was evil witch that use to hover over me in my sleep and if I didn't cover my ears she would cut them off. So I thought I would recreate my fear of shadows.

3296776624_4847302e50.jpg

Secret. All my secrets.

3299770216_a04f55e960.jpg