ruthless

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ruthless, Angel first photo is lovely.
I like the first one of Angel too, it looks like she is down some alley way, down and out puppy :)

Thanks! I'm going to make it my mission to get some pics of my dogs looking happy :cheer:

Already some ripper photos in here.

Thanks for the comments on the yellow duckies. Poor little things, you'd think they would repaint some of their eyes, then they wouldn't keep bumping into each other while they're swimming around :cheer:

Angel is gorgeous, and has that woe is me expression down pat.

Love the feather.

Here is my next contribution. Didn't realise it would reflect as much as it has :laugh: (Oh and feel free to make a diagnosis if you want. Few years old now :) )

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

XRAY

post-806-1235880644_thumb.jpg

Edited by j

Okay Ruthless can you please transfer this to your first post :laugh:

The theme for March is 'the ALPHABET'

26 letters in the alphabet and some will be more challenging that others. Have fun exploring your alphabet world!!

For those who want to extend the challenge...

If you are starting to get well aquainted with your camera and wish to challenge yourself a little more, try working this entire month using AV mode ONLY on your camera. No auto mode or P mode, switch it to AV, learn how to change the numbers and work out what happens.

AV means aperture (or opening).

In basic terms, the smaller the number is (1.4, 2.8, 3.5 etc) - the wider the opening is. This lets in lots of light and will give you a faster shutter speed. Because it is faster, not as much background information is captured and this will give you 'bokeh' (blurred background).

The bigger the number (18, 22, 32 etc) - the smaller the opening. This needs more light to create an image so in turn it will have a slower shutter speed. For some situations you may need to use a tripod or firm surface and use the timer in your camera to avoid 'camera shake'.

Have fun, get creative and get aquainted with your camera. :laugh:

I have a little Kodak camera and it doesn't have all that type of stuff....at least I don't think it does :cheer:

I'll just point and aim and hope, like I usually do, that by being creative, they'll be ok :rofl:

kja - I reckon that first photo could be used on a motivational poster right next to the kitten that's hanging onto the wire (you know, 'hang in there!'??)

New motivational quote, "I'll give you motivation: Get your work done, Dumbass"

So this isn't restricted to images taken during March?

I thought that was the point of the Challenges? To take themed photos during that month so that we can learn and improve on our work? Using old images would defeat the purpose :cheer:

That was my impression too.