2009 Brags Thread

Well, I'm going to go against the grain in here and brag about a "failure" :D

The Dally Club had their Group 7 trial yesterday in miserable weather conditions. For the first time I had to trial Zig in his coat, which is something I always save for the stays. He worked just beautifully and the comments on his heel work from the judge and competitors were very positive. Unfortunately, I gave a very poor hand signal for the Change of Position (Novice) and he just looked at me with the most confused expression on his face. He went straight down perfectly on the second command. I heard the collective groan from outside the ring just to make me feel better :cheer: He breezed through his stays (3 lots in fact as he was a stand in for other classes) and would have come out with 196!!!!! He still got a lovely ribbon for Best Dalmatian in Trial (donated by Spotofclass Dalmatians in memory of 3 of their dogs so very touching) which is a lovely way to remember the day. So, despite the NQ score I am so, so proud of him - we had a big day of training the day before and I tried a few new things - I thought it would all be too much pressure but he came through it with flying colours. Today I decided to look forward instead of backward and taught him the U.D. box exercise - he thought it was a great lark! Onwards and upwards!

Congratulations to everyone with all the wonderful Q scores and placings :rasberry:

Oh, and at the State trial I called his name before the recall (which I NEVER do) and he responded beautifully with a super fast recall so I stuffed up that one too :laugh:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks Terranik, FHRP and Rubystar, and yes, FHRP, that was us - I'm off to check why my profile has reset itself to qld! Sorry to hear you scratched, but the later afternoon classes were pretty sad to watch as the weather came in again, and the good dogs kept breaking the stays!

Thanks Terranik, FHRP and Rubystar, and yes, FHRP, that was us - I'm off to check why my profile has reset itself to qld! Sorry to hear you scratched, but the later afternoon classes were pretty sad to watch as the weather came in again, and the good dogs kept breaking the stays!

Phew, thought it was too big a coincidence :) I also see I've replied in previous threads of yours about ACT trials :D Yes, stays in the rain isn't much fun. I was happy though that the sun wasn't out for the morning stays so my boy didn't feel the need for a snooze :whip: See you at the next obedience trial! And hopefully agility trials one day too :D

Edited by FHRP

Hi all, thought I would "report in" with the results of our very first UD trial today......................

Well, the am trial left me with a nice row of zeros to start with but finished well with food refusal.

The pm trial, Seven was more confident & it showed with her only missing one article on the scent work & missing the bar on her directed jumping.

So I was pretty pleased with our start :D

Plus the feedback from other UD competitor & judge, is that when Seven does put it all together, she will be a high scorer, as she is very priscise & neat :) :D

Looking forward to Hobart's back to backs in two weekends time :whip:

Hi all, thought I would "report in" with the results of our very first UD trial today......................

Well, the am trial left me with a nice row of zeros to start with but finished well with food refusal.

The pm trial, Seven was more confident & it showed with her only missing one article on the scent work & missing the bar on her directed jumping.

So I was pretty pleased with our start :D

Plus the feedback from other UD competitor & judge, is that when Seven does put it all together, she will be a high scorer, as she is very priscise & neat :(:)

Looking forward to Hobart's back to backs in two weekends time :laugh:

Thanks for the update and well done - you have done the hard bit by entering your first trial.

Very interesting that she performed better in the afternoon trial. Do you think the mornings run of zeros had anything to do with you being nervous?

Looking forward to hearing how you get on at the double header - Best of Luck :)

Superminty, Cash may have been naughtier than normal but Skye still put on the best entertainment.

Skye did get another pass in started on sunday though to add to her saturday one, so we finished the weekend with our HSAs title. Jovi got pass at PT. So Ive had a good fortnight with my three, Beck the weim having gained his TSD the previous weekend in the Track and Search trials.

Edited by dogdayz

Tell ya all this bragging is making me want to :dropjaw:, I can't even get out of CCD, I stuffed up for Izzi twice with very vague cues :love: & Pebbles only needs one more pass. Now I'm deciding should I turn into a whiney little quitter :dropjaw: or enter Gawler at the end of September, :dropjaw: s'ok the entries are filled out & ready to post & I'm about to book a time for an obedience lesson :laugh:. And by the way big congrats to all you braggers out there keep up the good work :eek::love:.

Superminty, Cash may have been naughtier than normal but Skye still put on the best entertainment.

Skye did get another pass in started on sunday though to add to her saturday one, so we finished the weekend with our HSAs title. Jovi got pass at PT. So Ive had a good fortnight with my three, Beck the weim having gained his TSD the previous weekend in the Track and Search trials.

Skye had us in stitches on the sidelines - such a show pony :)

Congrats on your title with her - aren't you glad you pulled her out of retirement now? Can't keep an old dog down...

Since its been a while since I have had any thing really to contribute to this thread (bit the way when your trialling in UD) I thought I would post in a brag anyway.

Ness has been out of action for a couple of weeks due to injury and last night was the first night of Obedience at the Adelaide Royal Show. Coupled with the fact she was also attacked by a dog and sustained puncture wounds near her eye only fortnight ago and has been mega stressy since my expectations were pretty low. Its our only indoor trial for the year and pretty tough ask on the dogs with all the distractions. I wasn't to sure how she would get on since our last practice of anything UD was at least a fortnight ago.

Any way my brag is she worked very very nicely and only posted one 0 on the score board. Considering our last UD trial she made plenty of mistakes and often posts multiple 0 scores I was absolutely chuffed.

I was tickled pink with her scent and gloves and the rest wasn't to bad either. She got through her signals COP bit which has been causing us headaches at trials so that was pleasing considering the distraction level of the crowd being behind the handler and the dog looking straight into the ground.

Edited by ness

Since its been a while since I have had any thing really to contribute to this thread (bit the way when your trialling in UD) I thought I would post in a brag anyway.

Ness has been out of action for a couple of weeks due to injury and last night was the first night of Obedience at the Adelaide Royal Show. Coupled with the fact she was also attacked by a dog and sustained puncture wounds ear her eye only fortnight ago and has been mega stressy since my expectations were pretty low. Its our only indoor trial for the year and pretty tough ask on the dogs with all the distractions. I wasn't to sure how she would get on since our last practice of anything UD was at least a fortnight ago.

Any way my brag is she worked very very nicely and only posted one 0 on the score board. Considering our last UD trial she made plenty of mistakes and often posts multiple 0 scores I was absolutely chuffed.

I was tickled pink with her scent and gloves and the rest wasn't to bad either. She got through her signals COP bit which has been causing us headaches at trials so that was pleasing considering the distraction level of the crowd being behind the handler and the dog looking straight into the ground.

Having trialled at the Adelaide Royal last year - I have to say the conditions are pretty tough. Well done on scent and gloves as I know you have had more than you fair share of issues with both these exercises.

Yep was back at the Royal tonight and it was even tougher with the dog in the ring after us finding a huge pile of dried liver. No pass tonight but she did ok. Not sure she is 100% and is seriously out of sorts. More proud of her UD performance then her open performance tonight but oh well guess you have nights like that.

I do have tonights on video but it might be only for my eyes only. It wasn't a disaster, she stuffed one exercise, the retrieve on the flat, it was just so far from the standard she has been working at lately that I have to wonder if something isn't still the matter.

Oh well thats another Royal done and dusted for another year. Maybe one day her little sister can come along and finish off some serious unfinished business.