2009 Brags Thread

Way to go Piper - now get your arse into the BC thread since I just gave you a nice lead in :love: . It was just a shame I wasn't there early enough to see it.

My brag is pretty minor in comparison but Kenzie managed to pass both her instinct tests and unlike the last time there was no fear of a lack of confidence this time around. She had fun and I think quite likes herding and has more ability then her older sister so we shall continue with it if we can get a chance.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wat to go Piper. I bet you are over the moon.

Yeah, there is a pretty happy breeder over your way too :o

Just disappointed that didn't get video or photos. Went to take the video camera and found it was flat :laugh:

Piper gets her turn tomorrow, first intermediate duck run in SA - not holding my breath, no idea how to get them out of the hold exam pen and around it. I keep picturing them going back in the thing. She hasn't worked ducks since last year and never tried the hold on them so it will be a wait and see. Doubt she can surprise me as much as Jazz did.

The herding people are taking over the world :):o

Congratulations piper - sensational result :laugh:

Thanks, it was fairly surreal. Don't expect to ever match it again. I thought the judge was joking when she said "sorry I had to take half a point off" - I took about 10 off myself!

Adding my brag to this thread seeing as it will probably be our only brag for the year. Benson and I competed in the East Gippsland Dog Obedience Club's annual endurance trial and he gained his title, so he's now known as Hevnsent Darktown Strutter ET. It was the most fun you could ever have a cold and overcast winter morning and I can't wait to do it again next year with Dusty!

Edited by GayleK

Adding my brag to this thread seeing as it will probably be our only brag for the year. Benson and I competed in the East Gippsland Dog Obedience Club's annual endurance trial and he gained his title, so he's now known as Hevnsent Darktwon Strutter ET. It was the most fun you could ever have a cold and overcast winter morning and I can't wait to do it again next year with Dusty!

Never say Never Gayle, you never know what is just around the corner

And Congrats to Benson and you on gaining your ET title

It is something that I will never be able to do my self as I don't ride bikes or jog.

cheers

Hey congratulations guys on your passes

Today Gabby got her AD title. She had done it in 3 trials all with first places. Actually she hasnt been beaten. She also qualified in open obedience with a score of 191 points and first place. Not to be outdone by her sister Xena who had passed with 191 in open obedience (would have been 193 if for not playing dead and losing 2 points)and a third in master jumping and her other sister Inka with 190 first in ud and first in master jumping

cheers

Danni

We had our club's trial yesterday - was a massive day. I was there for almost 12 hours by the end of it all! Still, our first trial at the new venue and it all went without anything more than a couple of nervous moments early in the day when we thought we had mismeasured the rings. ;)

The puppies ran really well on the day. Xena got an intermediate agility card and second place in jumping (i think)

I thought it might be interesting to contrast this with her first clean run!

CK also ran pretty well (for him ;) ) We got an ugly pass in starters agility on the first run of the day and 1 fault in jumping, but at least he managed to finish the courses with weavers in them for a change!!

This is his jumping run - when he's good he's very very good, when he's not...............it proves I'm awful!! :love:

Even CK is improving.........

Have a good week everyone!

Cheers

Better add my brag, Saturday Izzi & Pebbles got their PT titles in herding then Sunday Pebbles not only passed her CCD she won with 96 points, so it was pigs ears all round when we got home :laugh: . Even my old dog JC played a part in the herding, Saturday morning, the sheep were being painful to load so I let JC go & the sheep decided the trailer wasn't such a bad place after all, I just love my dogs ;) .

Well my brag for today is more of a sentimental one..

For those who don't know my other little dog snuppie passed away suddenly on wednesday and we had entered the southport trial along with jock..

I wasn't expecting much from jock, But he made good on his runs, wasn't zooming crazily but gave it his all and we turned out with 2 Qs a 1st, 2nd and NQing 3rd place! and his JD title again lol so lets not have the same issues as the last one lol!

It was such a hard day for the pair of us, but im really thankful to everyone there who offered their condolenses and support through out the day! Esp to Nikita and Minkah who made us matching shirts to remember my little man!

A HUGE congrats to Levi.. She'll be in here later! You guys had a great day!

So we now have (again)

Jock NJC JD SD!! YAY!!

Thank you Smisch and well done getting Jock's title (again) :rofl: . I also want to congratulate you on coming out to compete after losing Snoopy only days before the competition.

Bindi and I had a pretty good day. We got our first jumping quallie which was very exciting :laugh: .

We also had a super run in our second novice run for the day but unfortunately Bindi dropped a bar which she has never done before. The course had some really tricky bits in it with many dogs coming unstuck but Bindi just cruised through the hard bits. The dropped bar was on the straight and just one of those things.

We had our first ever open run and she performed like a dream and did not put a foot wrong. I was extremely tired and was very slow at manouvering around the course and unfortunately I caused us to go over time.

Bindi was absolutely awesome and is a fantastic little dog for a beginner handler. She just waits for me to catch up with her and doesn't get upset if I get confused or muck her around. She is totally obliging and just loves being out there doing something with me and is very forgiving at my lack of confidence and experience in the ring.

I am so proud of my little girl and could not wish for a more lovely dog in every way :laugh::laugh: :p :rofl: .

Edited by Levi

My brag, yesterday muffin got her ADX title :rofl: Shes been in excellent agility for years and its been a real battle to make time (though its strange she got her JDX quite easily and its a faster time!) I am so proud of her, many people told me to give up but I enjoy running her shes such a lovely dog I began to not care whether we made time or not, and all of a sudden things clicked into place and she even has a JDM pass.

So she is now

Issen Honey Blossom ADX JDX GD SD

Gees lots of passes, titles and great performances this weekend :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear about Snuppie - Smisch :laugh:

My little brag from today is that Miss Beans came out and won open obedience and beat Scoota :dropjaw: who finished 2nd. Still shaking my head and asking myself am I taking the wrong dog to Brisbane :thumbsup::dropjaw: