2009 Brags Thread

Well I have just watched Ness's routines and I would have failed the first one and passed the second one so mind boggles what they were judging :rofl: .

sounds like she did great!!! we wanna see her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah - c'mon nesss - I know you'r travelling today - but as soon as you get home, yes? :rofl::laugh:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Congratulations ness and Kenzie for the DWD title! I had a look at the video and you were both amazing! You both looked like you were having heaps of fun and you looked lovely and so relaxed :thumbsup:

I had a quick look at some of your other videos and can you imagine my suprise when one of them co-starred me as a steward and a figure of eight post :eat:

Edited by Kynan

Ok guys for anybody who is interested I am just in the process of uploading Kenzie's AM HTM semi-disaster - it makes me appreciate how much she pulled herself together for her remaining routines as its pretty obvious how uncomfortable she was out there.

ETA. The link of Kenzie's first HTM routine

Edited by ness

Well I have a training brag. My girl did her first proper directed jumping exercise today!! In other words I didn't have to side step towards the jumps and give a big exaggerated signal and she went full distance into the box without any extra commands!!! I'm soo proud of her!! This is still only in my backyard so there is still some more proofing to do but I think we'll be ready to hit UD next year!!

Seita can I ask if you have been using a toy to reward the box part of the exercise. Kenzie does the same when I have been rewarding with a toy lots. I would try and break the need for the sit command and go back to a shorter distance and getting a default sit with no drop before increasing the distance again. Love the enthusiasm though :D .

I wouldn't keep using multiple commands for the box either I would be calling her back and starting again from scratch.

Edited by ness

Seita can I ask if you have been using a toy to reward the box part of the exercise. Kenzie does the same when I have been rewarding with a toy lots. I would try and break the need for the sit command and go back to a shorter distance and getting a default sit with no drop before increasing the distance again. Love the enthusiasm though :laugh: .

I wouldn't keep using multiple commands for the box either I would be calling her back and starting again from scratch.

She's still learning, I'm not really worried about the dropping at this stage and they are getting less. I prefer to send her back to the box rather than call her back to me so she keeps getting reminded about what the command box means. And I want to keep her running back and forth down as she is still in the recovery stage of a tick and if I make her run back and forth too many times she will get short of breath very very quickly. She can handle a few, like what's on the video but any more than that and she gets really out of breath still. Thanks for the suggestions though, it's always good to hear what other people suggest!

Good work! Man Ella is FAST!!! :D

Thanks, that was normal speed for her, she often works faster than that!!! :eek: This girl thinks that she has to do everything at warp speed!!

Last night Pebbles not only passed in Novice, 185, she came second woohoo what a good girl, I made some stupid little mistakes but she still worked her little tailless rump off for me :laugh:, she earned her tin of sardines. Another small brag, about Delta, she's never been anywhere & last night was such a little :eek:, just layed there watching or sleeping, I'm a happy doggy owner right now :eek::thumbsup:. Now I'm off to get some :eek: , getting home at 2am & getting up at 5.30 for work has knocked the stuffing out of me & gotta go back at 5pm :laugh::eek:, night all.

Edited by Dova