Keshwar

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a question or 2. What sort of show lead are normally used on toy dogs? Seems so confusing with all the different types.

I have also seen in some photos the lead extends out from the dog about a foot then it virtually turns at right angles and has some metal parts to it . What do you call this type of lead?

BISS MBISS, BIS in front of the names aren't official titles, mind... just something to add to non-official adverts etc to show that your dog has won at specialty or all breeds level...

Official titles are Dual Ch, Ch and Gr Ch... i cna't think of anymore... but there probably are from other disciplines...

Yes - a couple more for the sporting types.....

T Ch - Tracking Champion

Ag Ch - Agility Champion

ncarter - i dont know much about toy dogs but the best thing to do is to look at what people use in your breed in the ring, to get the best idea. But at the end of the day, it's always going to come down to what works best for your dog and looks the best. I had to try several different types of leads at different ages with my weimaraner girl...

I've never seen leads with metal parts and angles! I'm intrigued :)

• 3 weeks later...

that means that while samoyeds can be judged there won't be any points handed out for them, as there is probably a samoyed specialty going on that day in QLD. Usually, you won't get many enteries from a breed which isn't elgible to cc's at that meet.

Did you happen to read any of the thread that turned a bit feral about the Tasmanian German Shepherd people? That's the same kind of thing that your question refers to Fran.

It just reminded me, as it is similar to Fran's question :).

I remember reading in the gazette, where they mention "Pointscore" for certain breed.

What does that mean for the breed? Is it double point or?

Usually I found there would be many entered for that particular breed, so I wondered what it meant by Pointscore :eek:

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know if I have to notify the Ekka people that I won't be able to make it to the show? I have emailed their customer service but have received no reply, my breeder said she's not 100% sure, she is going to ask around for me to see if I have to notify anyone. I just thought someone here might know straight up.

Also can you withdraw from a show before entries close? Or even after? AN will they still cash your cheque, whats the etiquitte here?

Definitely not after. They will still cash your cheque.

Before entries close can be a little different but it still inconveniences the Secretary especially if it's because someone has sprayed entries to 3 different clubs and then tries to cancel 2 entries once they find out where the competition is going. If the Secretary feels that you fall into that category they're not obliged to return the entry in the ACT. Don't know about other jurisdictions.

However, if something serious happens I'll return the entries. An obvious example, I refunded once after closing because the dog had died. The person actually hadn't asked for a refund, she had asked that I not put his name in the catalogue as she would find it upsetting - she had other dogs entered to show. Happy to help out in that situation (and yes I knew it was true, and not just a line).

In short, I personally wouldn't ask. If I enter and don't go and am out by 21 bucks I can live with it.

Also can you withdraw from a show before entries close? Or even after? AN will they still cash your cheque, whats the etiquitte here?

Definitely not after. They will still cash your cheque.

Before entries close can be a little different but it still inconveniences the Secretary especially if it's because someone has sprayed entries to 3 different clubs and then tries to cancel 2 entries once they find out where the competition is going. If the Secretary feels that you fall into that category they're not obliged to return the entry in the ACT. Don't know about other jurisdictions.

However, if something serious happens I'll return the entries. An obvious example, I refunded once after closing because the dog had died. The person actually hadn't asked for a refund, she had asked that I not put his name in the catalogue as she would find it upsetting - she had other dogs entered to show. Happy to help out in that situation (and yes I knew it was true, and not just a line).

In short, I personally wouldn't ask. If I enter and don't go and am out by 21 bucks I can live with it.

The reason isn't petty at all, my dog will be out of the state unexpectedly so I was thinking to call and let the secritries know so they can take his name out the catalouge and/or scratch him. I was just wondering if secretaries still cashed the cheques. My dog is first up in group and I don't know anyone else who will be showing that can go tell the judge, so to avoid wasting everyones time I tought the curtieous thing to do would be to tell the show secs. :thumbsup:

The reason isn't petty at all, my dog will be out of the state unexpectedly so I was thinking to call and let the secritries know so they can take his name out the catalouge and/or scratch him. I was just wondering if secretaries still cashed the cheques. My dog is first up in group and I don't know anyone else who will be showing that can go tell the judge, so to avoid wasting everyones time I tought the curtieous thing to do would be to tell the show secs. :rolleyes:

Other Secretaries may have a different view, but from my perspective it is easier for the steward to call three times than it is for me to muck around changing the paperwork/contacting the cataloguer to change it. So don't worry about it being a matter of courtesy. I'd say the same thing with my steward hat on.

The reason isn't petty at all, my dog will be out of the state unexpectedly so I was thinking to call and let the secritries know so they can take his name out the catalouge and/or scratch him. I was just wondering if secretaries still cashed the cheques. My dog is first up in group and I don't know anyone else who will be showing that can go tell the judge, so to avoid wasting everyones time I tought the curtieous thing to do would be to tell the show secs. :D

Other Secretaries may have a different view, but from my perspective it is easier for the steward to call three times than it is for me to muck around changing the paperwork/contacting the cataloguer to change it. So don't worry about it being a matter of courtesy. I'd say the same thing with my steward hat on.

Ok thanks for the heads up! I won't do anything then. :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

I've had a quick look over this thread and can't seem to find what i'm after, so i'll ask here. I SHOULD know this but I haven't been to a show for a while and i'm having a bit of a mind blank.

My boy is in Minor Puppy now, so if for example, there is another Minor Puppy bitch, will it be judged dog, then bitch, then both go into the ring for best Minor? Or do they go in at the same time?

Also, if he happens to place best Minor, will he be called back into the breed ring for anything? I'm not sure if he is eligable for Challenge yet, but he is over 6 months. Any help would be a blessing, the show is tomorrow and I forgot to ask beforehand, eek.

I've had a quick look over this thread and can't seem to find what i'm after, so i'll ask here. I SHOULD know this but I haven't been to a show for a while and i'm having a bit of a mind blank.

My boy is in Minor Puppy now, so if for example, there is another Minor Puppy bitch, will it be judged dog, then bitch, then both go into the ring for best Minor? Or do they go in at the same time?

Also, if he happens to place best Minor, will he be called back into the breed ring for anything? I'm not sure if he is eligable for Challenge yet, but he is over 6 months. Any help would be a blessing, the show is tomorrow and I forgot to ask beforehand, eek.

All of the dog classes are judged to completion, followed by Dog Challenge and Reserve Dog Challenge. This is followed by all bitch classes being judged to completion and followed by Bitch Challenge and Reserve Bitch Challenge. Best of Breed and Runner Up Best of Breed are judged and then all Class in Breed runoffs are judged, if not already eliminated by Best of Breed or Runner Up Best of Breed which are automatically their age class of Breed.

If you win a Class in Breed award, you then need to wait until your age Class in Group award is judged, whereupon all class in breed winners of the respective breeds in the group are judged. Again, this is dependent upon eliminations by the awards of Best Exhibit and Runner Up Best Exhibit In Group.

:laugh:

Edited by ellz

he will be judged against all minor dogs, then if he places first or second wait around as he if placed first will go in for chalenge (he is eligible for points) if he placed 2nd he may be needed to go in for reserve challenge.

if you place first and there is a minor bitch you will go in against her after bitch challenge for minor of breed run off. if you place first against the bitch you will need to go in for minor in group at the end of the show.

• Troy unpinned this topic