Help Needed For Rottie Girl - Ex Blacktown

Stefie

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what were the final ultrasound and test results for May? :(

Hi she will be doing another blood test tomorrow to see if any improvement in her blood etc..

Her ultrasound showed 3 masses in her liver, (they do not know if tumours but most probably... but no for sure )

Problem in her heart it is very enlarged and she has a heart murmour

Very very anemic, so was loosing blood from somewhere, they assume related to liver but cant guarantee..

i am rather confused by the whole thing but as long as she is not in pain we can go on...

I will be posting her new pics tonight and an update... :wave:

Sorry about her results, there isn't much you can do for any of her major problems except palliative care. I hope her foster carer is coping ok.

We took May to the vet and results of blood test are still same..

So atleast not worse..

Now i am so lucky so is May that she is with a dear person to me (like my second family) and i get to see her everyday and she is not far away from me..I can feed her, play with her, sleep with her and enjoy quality time all of us together, including Boss.

May is not in a foster home, she is in a loving home where many people are going there each day to visit her and spoil her rotten.. I dont know what i would have done if my dear friend (she is like a second mother) was not the strong woman she is . But May is blessed. :thumbsup:

May is not in a foster home, she is in a loving home where many people are going there each day to visit her and spoil her rotten..

Isn't that the same thing?

Glad she is stable.

May is not in a foster home, she is in a loving home where many people are going there each day to visit her and spoil her rotten..

Isn't that the same thing?

Glad she is stable.

I think chinaplate means she is in a forever home

Possibly but in the whole thread there hasn't been a mention of that. :( I was just pointing out imho I see only marginal difference between quality foster care and an adoptive home.

I doubt she has been adopted as that would mean the new owner and not Dabs is responsible for the extensive and ongoing vet care.

eta: I'll just add, 'chinaplate' is the login registered by Norma at Dabs. Merna is not chinaplate.

Edited by Powerlegs

eta: I'll just add, 'chinaplate' is the login registered by Norma at Dabs. Merna is not chinaplate.

It had been mentioned before that Norma has given Merna permission to post under the name of chinaplate.

I understand Merna will have her own log-in in future to avoid confusion.

It had been mentioned before that Norma has given Merna permission to post under the name of chinaplate.

I thought multiple users of the same log in was a breach of forum rules.. :)

Good to hear, it's very confusing.

She did have her own at some stage. :)

Tonight May was laid to rest. :champagne::champagne:post-29510-1243174083.gif

May you rest in peace princess.

May's thread will now be moved to the rainbow bridge.

Thankyou for everyone's support.

Merna

Thank you Merna for your ongoing care,love and devotion to a special soul in need.....

You did a wonderful thing to allow May love and support for a short while before she had her turn to go home.

And thanks for being kind enough to share this story here knowing that it would be a controversial matter and still sharing the work you and the team did for the dog.

It shows compassion and love are shown to all dogs in need even if some are more needy than others when rescued........and DABS didnt give up on her as it would have been a cost cut to send her to the bridge a week ago.

I am sure as the story goes....she will wait at the bridge to welcome her "new family"who helped her.

May - a happy soul, with so much love to give and wanting to live.

Thank you, Merna and her foster carer, for making her last days a time with love and comfort.

I wish you a good journey, May, and a happy time in heaven forever :champagne: .

I agree with Clyde, she had a specially sweet face.

I promised earlier to send something down towards her getting the vet exam & any chance. Shall do so.

She's at peace now, but knew she was loved.