Help Needed For Rottie Girl - Ex Blacktown

Stefie

just checking in for today's update, how is the lovely May going?

its nice we all check in for the updates....we all care about Mays welfare and send best wishes to her and her angels that saved her from a dreadful and lonley death!!!!!!!!

Good on you saviours...... :cry:

keep us posted.....

I hope it is a lovely sunny weekend for May's homecoming so she can enjoy more blankets and bones in the sunshine.

Ditto :)

Just checking in for updates.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the risk of dampening the thread...

I agree whole heartedly with jdavis and would have said exactly the same if I had found this thread earlier.

Yeah but you and jdavis play tag team.

May has improved since those original posts and before she was under intense care and treatment of the veterinarian.

I agree she doesnt seem to be suffering - just look her living it up in the sunshine soaking it all in :cry: She even looks happier!!! Good on you May

Youre worth it tenfold and special in ways other are not. I am sure there is a lovely family out there just waiting to adopt a girl like you.....

Just you wait and see :)

Healing thoughts for Miss May and her rescuers.

Rescue is at times not just for those who can and will be saved. It is always so much more than that.

Rescue is also a sanctuary..... empathy, great compasion and if needed a dignified and meaningful death.

'May' sounds as though she is in great hands. :cry:

Wishing you all the very best, onwards and upwards Miss May!

Nic

The Princess today was the same, with a good appetite and was waiting for me.

She sat so calm and waited for me to serve her food today.

She loved it. I bought her lean ham as well and mixed it with her chicken and rice, and she could not believe it...it was so funny she was like in paradise...

i then gave her water and she patiently waited for me to give it to her..

She is so sweet :):angel: she does not walk on a lead she likes to just follow so the staff now at the vets take her in and out of her cage with no collar and lead, and dont think for a minute she goes anywhere else but just follows!!

She is a princess.

She was then given another juicy bone after her meal.

May is coming home tomorrow... it doesnt matter how long she has or anything just the fact i want her in a warm bed and happy for what ever time she has. I bought her a dog coat today as well.

She seemed so much at peace today u wouldnt believe.. She was so relaxed and peaceful she was an angel.

It was weird today, i was on the same level she was, we slept on the blanket together for an hour and a half, and she was so content.

It was like someone from above was with us its unbelievable... It was a very peaceful day in the sun.

post-4241-1242385959_thumb.jpg

post-4241-1242385965_thumb.jpg

May our Princess :angel:

It was a beautiful day.

Sometimes in life we are give a chance meeting so special it seems like someone or something from above has lent a hand...

I believe in angels here and there...

good luck to you both and enjoy the time whether it is a long or short one.

She was sent to teach many people something.....and guess what....we all have learnt something about compassion here this week.....................

special wishes to both of you...and Stephie

enjoy the time... :angel::)

Don't listen to a single word of criticism from antagonists! Some people just like to stir up trouble. What you decide to do and whether you decide to ask for help is no-one else’s business.

Sometimes we decide to rescue a dog, and when we get it things aren’t “perfect”. Does that mean we should kill it on sight? Do we only rescue perfect dogs? Should we take it one step further into our human interactions and only offer help and assistance to humans that are not poor, elderly or sick, only those that are strong, athletic and young….. Perhaps only help those with blonde hair and blue eyes….?

Thank god for humans with empathy. It’s not something stupid, it’s what makes us human.

Dog's can live happily for years with heart conditions. The usual symptoms are swollen bellies, fluid on the lungs, difficulty breathing, sometimes a cough, lethargy. Depending on the problem and severity, they can enjoy good quality of life with medication for their heart and diuretics to help with the accumulated fluid. The symptoms of breathing difficulty and lethargy are often alleviated by these medications.

Yes there will be some cases that are too serious and things will eventually deteriorate, but perfect or not, this girl deserves as much of a chance as any other.

Thank you for at least giving her a chance to be diagnosed before handing out an automatic death sentence. Thank you for making her life happier. Whether her life is short or long (which it may still be), you have made a difference to her. And anyone that chooses to help you out does so because that is what they want to do.

Enjoy the time you have together and give May the biggest hug for us!

I would like to sincerely thank you too Chinaplate for having the heart and compassion to help this beautiful girl. She looks so lovely, sweet and gentle as I have found the old Rotties to be that I've been lucky enough to share my life with.

Sometimes we decide to rescue a dog, and when we get it things aren’t “perfect”. Does that mean we should kill it on sight? Do we only rescue perfect dogs? Should we take it one step further into our human interactions and only offer help and assistance to humans that are not poor, elderly or sick, only those that are strong, athletic and young….. Perhaps only help those with blonde hair and blue eyes….?

Well said Guardienne and so true.

In the spirit of hoping May lives longer... PLEASE do NOT give a dog with congestive heart failure, ham!!!! It is a cured meat that is full of salt which will increase her fluid retention and is dangerous considering her current poor condition.

Chinaplate, that's something you might want to follow through with the vet, the best diet for her with her health conditions. And weather or not there might be some dietary supplements that could be beneficial.

A tiny bit of ham as an occasional treat would have little impact, but too much salt would be detrimental.

Thanks again for the update, she does seem to be enjoying her time in the sun, good food and of course your company. What a dear dog she is.

A tiny bit of ham as an occasional treat would have little impact, but too much salt would be detrimental.

Amazing that in one post you manage to totally disregard the dangers of giving this dog a processed meat (high in salt)!

What, in your medical opinion would be considered too much salt for this dog who only 2 days ago was ina critical condition from her CHF, Muttaburra??

i didnt know, anyway i gave her 3 thin slices of ham, mixed with her boiled rice and chicken. This is first time then and last....gosh i feel aweful now! i didnt think, well i didnt know...

To be honest vet did not mention any specific food needs..

i will follow up tomorrow.

thanks

Edited by chinaplate

Amazing that in one post you manage to totally disregard the dangers of giving this dog a processed meat (high in salt)!

What, in your medical opinion would be considered too much salt for this dog who only 2 days ago was ina critical condition from her CHF, Muttaburra??

Anything other than a tiny bit occasionally.

I'm not sure that "tiny" needs a definition, it should be in the dictionary.

Anyway, she would do well to discuss with the vet, since there may be other dietary issues to attend to.

Stick with natural, Merna, and you should be safe. Processed foods are usually very high in salt and preservatives.

I make chicken stock by boiling a whole chicken in a large stock pot, I take the chicken out and let the stock sit in the refrigerator overnight, skim the fat off the top and then strain it through material to get all of the fat out. Most important. I then cook my rice in the stock by the absorbtion method (one cup rice to four cups stock, bring to the boil slowly and simmer until stock is absorbed) so the rice has all the goodness of the stock in it.

Edited by _Cynthia_

Good suggestion Cynthia. :) A tasty, salt free and lean meal...

Good luck with her Chinaplate. She's going to need it.

You're posting style is weirdly different. Maybe it's just the stress of a sick dog.

I'm not an expert on heart problems either but perhaps fish might be a healthy alternative?

I did have a foster dog with severe heart problems, Barney spent 2 weeks with DR's vet and then I brought him home. He was a severe case and I only had him for 6 weeks, during which time we were in the vets a couple of times and of course he was on medication. Then one day, he just wouldn't eat, the vet told me that if he didn't pick up his outlook was bleak. Two days later it was his time because his lungs would have started filling with fluid at any time and I didn't want that to happen.

It really broke my heart as I had a special bond with him. I did what his owners should have done. I wouldn't swap my time with him as he holds a special place in my heart but it is a tough road to take for a dog and those that care about the dog.

Thanks for the tip on the ham..my old girl is going through heart failure at the moment and I had no idea about the ham. I confess to have actually rolled up her medication in half a slice of ham to give to her.

Chinaplate, good luck with May, those gorgeous eyes certainly tug at the ole heart strings.

She is gorgeous, and I agree sometimes you rescue dogs without knowing the full story, but all I see in her eyes is pain and sadness. :) If it were me, I probably would have spent a day feeding her all the yummiest, naughtiest foods I could, and then I'd let her go. But I guess everyone has to do what they feel is right. Thanks for helping her.