July Photography Challenge

Ashanali

Well,

After lots and lots of contemplation,

I decided to have my first attempt, at not only painting with light, but with a DOL challenge.

So here it is, not great but the best I could do at midnight :o:)

016.jpg

A bit too much light I think but VERY FIRST attempt

017.jpg

HHHmm not sure but perhaps too much light concentration on the front????

018-1.jpg

Prob not correct but I like the way it looks like a shop front with the display all lite up.

Nothing quite like to good old leggo :(:):(

Let me know what you all think.

I am sure I will be practising this one for months now lol

LOL the child just woke up with an aching leg so after giving him medication :(:) I convinced him to be a model for me.

I will upload pics tomorrow and post them here (poor kid , I mean what sort of a mum would start taking pic of ther kid at 12.30 AMhehehehehehe):):):):)

Cheers Janet

Edited by Riley James

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Okay... this will take a bit to post the whole series.

This was my very first shot and I totally fluked it.

3680665105_e10ab5f2b4.jpg

So I wanted to have a few more goes but the only other subject I had was the kids bionocle toys... I figured I could have a little fun

more to follow...

Rofl! That's too incredibly hilarious :thumbsup: It had me giggling. Really sweet idea.

My shot for the day, inspired by vizsla01's guitar shot!

3681662546_b6a2d6e948.jpg

This one's really lovely...I might do something similar with my piano.

Am a little hesitant to join in this month - I fear I won't succeed.

I am in awe of these photos on here, they are all really, really fantastic. Wish I had a 'proper' camera to have a go at such shots.

There are plenty in this thread I would love on my wall.

Loving all these photos - i have a weeks leave and a couple of kiddlewinks coming to stay so im going to have some FUN with this.

Ash i love the bionicle series so very cute! This is just such an awesome way to learn how to use my camera :thumbsup:

Thanks Iltby -- no excuses!! Give it a go! It's not as hard as it sounds once you have a fiddle with your settings and fiddle with the light source! It's just fun experimenting!!!! :thumbsup: I think I'm getting addicted!!!!!

shutter speed of 5 seconds (yes, 5 seconds) at F8.

Ok, I set my shutter at "4 (the only way it will really worked, just tried it), at F6.8(it goes from about F6 straight to F13.6??

Anyways at least it worked, so cannot wait to tonight and do good shots hopefully!

ETA: First time I ever get this:

Image1-1.jpg:thumbsup:

Edited by Roxy_n_Axle

Great shots since my last post, this thread is flying along.

RJ, yours are great for a first attempt!! If you dont want the light trails try using a light source not so concentrated and but sometimes the trials can add effect.

If anyone is going to try writing with light a lighter is great as you can stop and start it at every word so they dont run into each other but leave the shutter open long enough to write your word or draw your pattern.

Thanks Iltby -- no excuses!! Give it a go! It's not as hard as it sounds once you have a fiddle with your settings and fiddle with the light source! It's just fun experimenting!!!! :) I think I'm getting addicted!!!!!

Top shot of the sax,we could start a Dogz band :rofl::):rock: :rock: but Piri doesnt let me play,she thinks i suck going by her barks. :cool:

yeh come on give it a go,u never know till u try :) :) :laugh:

Top shot of the sax,we could start a Dogz band :cool: :rofl::):rock: but Piri doesnt let me play,she thinks i suck going by her barks. :laugh:

yeh come on give it a go,u never know till u try :rock::) :)

My beagle (ATB) used to howl whenever I played!! Almost like he was singing along! My two now couldn't care less!

OK, this is my very first go

IMG_0975.jpg

OH has gone to the footy from work, so I have some time to play, but the dogs are going quite mad with the beeping, lights on and off and the foster keeps trying to sniff the end of my torch :)