angelsophie

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

We had our first show on Friday night. Just wish we had some competition. so we got our first BOB and 6 pts. We did ok, unfortunately right before going in the ring he wanted to play with some dogs so wouldn't focus. i was far too fidgety, but i had a great night. Oberon loved it.

We had our first show on Friday night. Just wish we had some competition. so we got our first BOB and 6 pts. We did ok, unfortunately right before going in the ring he wanted to play with some dogs so wouldn't focus. i was far too fidgety, but i had a great night. Oberon loved it.

Yay! Well done PM... glad you and Oberon had fun! that is, after all, the most important part.

• 2 weeks later...

Well.....today is the day.

Our first ever show.....the Combined CCC show at Durack.

Shes all groomed and ready to go...although I am a little concerned about her white paws.

The weather here has been pretty wet over the last few days and as a result, her paws are looking a little stained...we have washed and washed them

but we cant seem to totally get rid of it. Not even with a shampoo made for white dogs (we only used on her legs and paws basically)

Otherwise I think we are ready to go. Lots of grooming supplies for last min touch ups (trimming scissors, a couple of show leads, brushes...our number holder etc.)

We even have a fancy new show trolley (which I pimped up) and a brand new Gazebo to protect us from this constant rain and drizzle we are having.

It's 3am, I should be sleeping but I can't (but it isnt related to todays show).

Wish us luck...we are as nervous as hell!

To be honest, we dont expect to win anything...we are entered in the Baby Puppy Sweepstakes and Class 1(a).

Still have so much to learn and I guess we will as we go along. Show training has been great though and I must say that most of the Show Beagle owners

have been of such a huge help. It's also a little more comforting that the breeder of our pup will be there too...showing our pups brother.

Wish us luck! Will keep you all updated on how we go.

Well.....today is the day.

Our first ever show.....the Combined CCC show at Durack.

Shes all groomed and ready to go...although I am a little concerned about her white paws.

The weather here has been pretty wet over the last few days and as a result, her paws are looking a little stained...we have washed and washed them

but we cant seem to totally get rid of it. Not even with a shampoo made for white dogs (we only used on her legs and paws basically)

Otherwise I think we are ready to go. Lots of grooming supplies for last min touch ups (trimming scissors, a couple of show leads, brushes...our number holder etc.)

We even have a fancy new show trolley (which I pimped up) and a brand new Gazebo to protect us from this constant rain and drizzle we are having.

It's 3am, I should be sleeping but I can't (but it isnt related to todays show).

Wish us luck...we are as nervous as hell!

How exciting! Good luck, please let us know you you go.

To be honest, we dont expect to win anything...we are entered in the Baby Puppy Sweepstakes and Class 1(a).

Still have so much to learn and I guess we will as we go along. Show training has been great though and I must say that most of the Show Beagle owners

have been of such a huge help. It's also a little more comforting that the breeder of our pup will be there too...showing our pups brother.

Wish us luck! Will keep you all updated on how we go.

Good luck! How exciting, please let us know you you go.

Edited by Ellie

Good luck, ishy. I don't know much about grooming beagles, but have you tried chalking her paws/legs to help make them look whiter on show day?

I hope it's not too wet for you, and that you have a great time! :)

Congratulations on your successful first show with Oberon, pixie_meg. It is a bit disappointing when you don't have competition - I've often been in that position with my min pin and my Maremma.

It sounds like Oberon was very relaxed and happy so that is great! :o

I have been slack and haven't posted in here yet.... last weekend Lola got the final points towards her Championship title.

I even had the paperwork all ready, hubby posted it for me on Monday so hopefully we'll have her new paperwork here with her Ch. on it soon! Yay!

Just a quick update as we didnt get back from the show until late last night and we are about to head up to the Rainy Coast...I mean Sunshine Coast.

Buffy yesterday won Baby Puppy Beagle (by default as no one else was in her class) and then went on to win Best of Group!! (hence the late night, waiting around for best Baby puppy of Show)

A fantastic result for our first ever show...we are so proud of our little girl!!

Enjoy your Sunday people!! We are going to, no matter how wet and rainy it is up here atm. I have Brain surgery on Tuesday so gotta enjoy while I can!

Hi! I'm a Newbie to the show ring scene ;)

I've entered my baby puppy into a show at the end of January, so I've got a month to start training myself and puppy!

I'm lucky that I've found a mentor who has been showing for a while, but it's still daunting and scary.....I have to admit that I'm normally quite a shy person, so this is going to be an "out there experience :D .

I'm sure that once I've gotten past the first time in the ring stage, I'll love it....but until then. :rofl::thumbsup:

Hi! I'm a Newbie to the show ring scene ;)

I've entered my baby puppy into a show at the end of January, so I've got a month to start training myself and puppy!

I'm lucky that I've found a mentor who has been showing for a while, but it's still daunting and scary.....I have to admit that I'm normally quite a shy person, so this is going to be an "out there experience :D .

I'm sure that once I've gotten past the first time in the ring stage, I'll love it....but until then. :rofl::thumbsup:

you sound like me. except i have a junior dog and just had my first show 2 weeks ago. its so much easier once you do it once. I have my second show next weekend. just need to remind myself to relax.

Just a quick update as we didnt get back from the show until late last night and we are about to head up to the Rainy Coast...I mean Sunshine Coast.

Buffy yesterday won Baby Puppy Beagle (by default as no one else was in her class) and then went on to win Best of Group!! (hence the late night, waiting around for best Baby puppy of Show)

A fantastic result for our first ever show...we are so proud of our little girl!!

Enjoy your Sunday people!! We are going to, no matter how wet and rainy it is up here atm. I have Brain surgery on Tuesday so gotta enjoy while I can!

Congratulations, ishy! Baby Puppy In Group is a great result for your first show! :thumbsup:

Good luck with your surgery on Tuesday. :D

And congratulations to LOTG and Lola also - very exciting news! :rofl:

Hi! I'm a Newbie to the show ring scene :)

I'm lucky that I've found a mentor who has been showing for a while, but it's still daunting and scary.....I have to admit that I'm normally quite a shy person, so this is going to be an "out there experience ;) .

you sound like me. except i have a junior dog and just had my first show 2 weeks ago. its so much easier once you do it once. I have my second show next weekend. just need to remind myself to relax.

I'm lucky that the mentor I have will probably handle my baby puppy for me the first time, just so I can see how my dog reacts etc. but I really need to learn to do it for myself, as there will be shows that I'll be by myself. It'll also be good to build my self confidence, to prove that the whole world won't fall down on me if I fall flat on my face :D

I have been slack and haven't posted in here yet.... last weekend Lola got the final points towards her Championship title.

I even had the paperwork all ready, hubby posted it for me on Monday so hopefully we'll have her new paperwork here with her Ch. on it soon! Yay!

Well done...

My kitey girl got 2 x 10 point BOBs this weekend just gone...I have my fingers crossed that the lasdt few she needs will come easily and I wont have to wait for ever but Im not confident! ;)

Awesome result for her first show. Hope the sucess continues! :thumbsup::rofl: :D

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be hitting the ring for the first time in March with our new show puppy who arrives in January. I'm quite excited and have already bought show clothes to wear and a few things for the puppy. The only handling experience I've had has been one show training class with my older dog, Akira, and handling Lyndsay's dog Maizie in judging exams when she had to handle two dogs at once. Akira and I have been practicing at home though, so hopefully I won't be too nervous when we get to March. :)