Finnish Lapphund

Troy

Luuka is so great sometimes I don't know how I got so lucky. She's a total blessing. I feel like I'm waiting for some bad habits to show themselves :heart: I think that all the things I learned while having Atlas the Bull TERRORISER and haven't repeated have paid off.

• 3 weeks later...

For those that love all the different Lappie colours, this is Miss Beyonce from Watersedge Kennels - she has some rather interesting sable colouring going on - very pretty girl. She's also what we call a domino.

beyonce2.jpg

And from the same litter are these three others (there were more but they have gone to their new homes). Lappie colours can sometimes be a bit of a lucky dip - always fun when people want something special! These guys will have stronger markings when they get older.

male

Bjorn2.jpg

female

Belinda2.jpg

male (love this boy!)

Hari2.jpg

What are the differences between lappies and samoyeds apart from colour and size?

Hey AL - You've picked the difference pretty much there. I find the sammy coat a bit thicker, but that will vary with individuals. Temperament varies with individuals but it should all be within the standard, so read up on those. It comes down to preference - mind you, if you can't decide you can always go for a cream Lappie! LOL

I didn't know this breed existed until I read these posts a week ago. They are so adorable. I love the cream and the domino colour. Could easily see a couple of them sharing our home with us in the next year or so. Have been reading everything I can about them, and they are exactly what we are used to with the Tibetan Terriers who are not Terriers at all, one of their many duties in Tibet were with the Tibetan nomads to herd their yaks etc.

Marion01

I didn't know this breed existed until I read these posts a week ago. They are so adorable. I love the cream and the domino colour. Could easily see a couple of them sharing our home with us in the next year or so. Have been reading everything I can about them, and they are exactly what we are used to with the Tibetan Terriers who are not Terriers at all, one of their many duties in Tibet were with the Tibetan nomads to herd their yaks etc.

Marion01

Hi Marion :laugh:

If you want to be truly bitten by the Lappie love bug, come and join us in the spitz thread. There are always lots of gorgeous lappie pics being posted! There are also quite a few Lappie people who post in there too.

If there is anything you want to know - just pm me!

Marion01

I forgot to mention, if you want to see any lappies let us know - breeders are all over the country, so depending on where you are in QLD there are a few you could go visit :laugh:

Thanks Lappiemum, I have been bitten by the lappie bug (and I haven't even seen a lappie in real life) and it's getting very itchy.

Yes I found the Spitz thread the other night, and have been slowly going through the posts.

Marion01

Be very careful....if you see one in the flesh that itch is going to get one heck of a lot worse :o I did that and that was the end of me and now I am owned by my adorable lappie puppy Ella and couldn't be happier. I fall more in love with her every day... she has the most wonderful temperament :laugh: