Goodbye Bella

Miss BeRidgierent

Yesterday 9:00am my family had to make the hardest decision of our lives. My gorgeous girl Bella was pts. I can't really let everyone know what happened yet as I am far to emotional to write everything. It was horrific and I do not wish it upon anyone.

But I love you Bella, you are such a good girl and you will be missed dearly. You were 1 month shy of your 2 year birthday and you will never be forgotten.

Boss misses you already and wont stop crying, he is at work with daddy today to keep him company.

Love you baby girl.

Edited by ridgeback-lover

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sunday afternoon I got a phone call, Bella was having convulsions, panting and hardly breathing. My ex tried to drive her to the vets but she was rolling around in his car he had to stop. He tried to put her back in his car comfortably but she was stiff as a board and pooing everywhere. She latched onto his face and ripped to chunks out of his face. He couldnt move her as she was to dangerous to touch she rolled out of the car and had wedged herseld between the gutter and under his lowered car. I then arrived and my ex then had to go to hospital he got 9 stitches in his face and has a massive black eye. We had to call a animal ambulance from the gold coast to come and take her to a vet. I waited an hour or so for the ambulance with her there watching her gasping to breath. She tried to get up and walk over to me it was so heartbreaking seeing her like this, it just wasn't her.

We got to the vet and it wasn't good from the start. By 12:00 that night I got home and waited till 8:00 Monday morning. We went in to see how she was but it wasnt good. We don't know what caused this its either something she has eating (poisons) or something in her brain. They also said it may have eaten her stomach lining. And because she was seizuring for so long she ran a high temperature of 45 and she got heat stroke. And this also caused other problems within some vital organs. She cooked herself.

The vets said we could do everything we can to help but there is no guarantee she would come out of this and if she did she would either be blind or have brain problems or suffer some other problems due to the heat stress.

So after thousands already spent and hours awake crying and worrying we decided it was better for her if we just let her go.

I want her back so badly she was to young and just wanted to make everyone happy. She will be dearly missed.