Litters Due In December 2009

Bilbo Baggins

[quote name='MissMonaro' date='18th Dec 2009 - 11:35 PM' post='4199981'

We still have the 4 here. The 2 chocolate ones have just started to open their eyes.

Our 2 little black girls are still hanging in there, but have now resorted to just bottle topping them up as they cannot compete with the chockies when they are on the milk bar. We try to feed them both seperately on their mother as much as possible.

Our chock girl weighs as much as the 2 black pups together. :thumbsup:

Another visit to the vets today for the little ones. A course of antibiotics for both as one has a bit of an infection from a puppy nail scratch on the side of her face. :hug:

We think that there immune systems are just not coping at the moment, so we really dont know if they will make it or not, but we're trying hard.

I tried a small bowl of formula for one of them and she actually lapped at it but not enough to get a good feed, but it was a start and at least she showed some interest.

Glad the little chocolates are doing well and really hoping your black girls pull through! Thinking of you heaps!

Mine all have eyes open now and are starting to play which is so cute to watch! Now they are all up on their feet moving around, mum isn't too sure about getting in, I think she is afraid she will jump on them, so I have to encourage her in! Once she is in the whelping box though she is fine. I am just not sure if I went away for a few hours how she would cope. She does jump in sometimes while they are asleep. I am sure she would jump in to feed, but am a bit of a worrier, so am still sleeping beside the box and supervising! FUN & although pups are 2.5 weeks old still a bit sleep deprived!

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck Phill and tell Daisy to get her act together ;) :confused:

Well we have just got home from the vet and an emergency c-section. We have one baby - a little girl. The others could not be revived. :rofl:

I am so sorry phill.

RIP Little babies :rofl:

Good luck Phill and tell Daisy to get her act together ;) :confused:

Well we have just got home from the vet and an emergency c-section. We have one baby - a little girl. The others could not be revived. :rofl:

So sad this month. Makes me question just how much I want to be a breeder. :rofl:

I am so sorry Yarrowfell, God speed little angels to the :confused:

My heart goes out to all that have lost babies during December, it has been such a sad month with so many little ones having not made it so :rofl::rofl: to all of you, so many plans, so many sad moments so many shattered dreams.

Good luck Phill and tell Daisy to get her act together :D :laugh:

Well we have just got home from the vet and an emergency c-section. We have one baby - a little girl. The others could not be revived. :)

OMG I am so sorry to hear about the ones you lost. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Sending lots of healthy wishes for the little girl you have been blessed with.

Gosh this month is a sad ending for the year of 2009!

I wish anyone else expecting litters all the very best and may you have safe uncomplicated delivery of happy healthy babies and Mum also!

I am so sorry to hear all the sad stories to those not so lucky!!! Sorry to hear your news Yarrowfell - I hope the little girl is strong and continues to thrive for you, and new Mum recovers quickly!

Update on my 3 boys - all doing well and growing fast - all their little eyes have opened over the last few days - but all are open now!

Mum is doing fantastic - recovered very quickly from her op - by day 2 you would never have known - we get her stitches out tomorrow! And well what can I say, she is a fantastic Mum.

post-23538-1261302087_thumb.jpg

December is turning into such a sad month for breeders, every time I check this thread there have been more losses. :eek:

For anyone interested, I have received the Necropsy Report for my Sugar. Her cause of death was Hypovolemic shock.

(not a cardiac arrest due to severe bloat as was claimed by the 'vet') :D:

And I have some exciting news, on Christmas Eve, FIRDRAK is allowing me to bring Mumma Schnauzer & my babies to MY HOME! :heart: Sadly, she lost her baby schnauzer so 'Rosie' is now only raising my babies. Carolynn thought I would love to watch my babies grow and raise them as I normally do, so is entrusting her girl into my care! I'm just so excited and can't wait to bring her & my babies home :laugh: It will be the best Christmas present! :p

That's great news LMWS. :heart:

Sadly, the bad run of events wasn't confined solely to December, October and November have had their fair share as well.

Personally, I think that 2009 has been a shocker of a year for many and can only hope that 2010 brings everybody more joy and a heck of a lot more nice treatment from the breeding fairy!

I am so sorry for all of you that have had sadness and losses over the last few months.

It is indeed enough to make you consider very carefully before planning a litter.

Thankfully my babies are still thriving, touch wood. They are 3 weeks old now, eyes open and they are starting to rumble with each other.

They are so cute.

Let's all send positive thoughts to the puppy fairy for a better 2010!

Yarrowfella I am so sorry about the babies you lost and hope that your little girl will grow into everything you wanted.

All the babies are stunning :hug:

I moved Scarlet and her babies into the family room yesterday near Storm and her babies. OH is happy to be sleeping back in the bed as he has spent the past 4 weeks on the lounge :hug:

Storms babies are now at that stage where they play rough and make lots of noise. The 3 of them where having a real go at each other and poor Scarlet sh*t herself. She was wedged into the furtherest corner with her eyes buldging out of her head. :xmasrudolph: Just wait till her babies start fighting with each other, they are already starting to growl at each other now :)

Leanne

December is turning into such a sad month for breeders, every time I check this thread there have been more losses. :)

For anyone interested, I have received the Necropsy Report for my Sugar. Her cause of death was Hypovolemic shock.

(not a cardiac arrest due to severe bloat as was claimed by the 'vet') :xmasrudolph::

And I have some exciting news, on Christmas Eve, FIRDRAK is allowing me to bring Mumma Schnauzer & my babies to MY HOME! :hug: Sadly, she lost her baby schnauzer so 'Rosie' is now only raising my babies. Carolynn thought I would love to watch my babies grow and raise them as I normally do, so is entrusting her girl into my care! I'm just so excited and can't wait to bring her & my babies home :hug: It will be the best Christmas present! :happydance2:

Excellent news. Enjoy your White Christmas you deserve it

December is turning into such a sad month for breeders, every time I check this thread there have been more losses. :xmaslights:

(not a cardiac arrest due to severe bloat as was claimed by the 'vet') :xmassmile::

And I have some exciting news, on Christmas Eve, FIRDRAK is allowing me to bring Mumma Schnauzer & my babies to MY HOME! :hug: Sadly, she lost her baby schnauzer so 'Rosie' is now only raising my babies. Carolynn thought I would love to watch my babies grow and raise them as I normally do, so is entrusting her girl into my care! I'm just so excited and can't wait to bring her & my babies home :happydance2: It will be the best Christmas present! :thumbsup:

:hug::) Fanastic news.

Very sad for the baby Schnauzer. :xmasrudolph: