October Challenge

Ashanali

Pretty boring, I was just standing in my front yard. You can see the sun just hitting the highest spots on the distant hills/mountains

IMG_0192.jpg

I took pics of these very same hills in Feb when the hills were all aflame and I was so frightened I didn't think to place the camera on the fence post and use the self timer. All I got was very blurry shots

IMG_0194.jpg

Edited by Kirislin

I have by passed this forum for a number of years, I don't know why, however I'll start contributing for a while.

First taken at home, just south of Darwin. A late afternoon kite flying session Taken with my Pentax K200D using a standard 50mm lense and the "Auto picture" setting (being lazy)

post-7683-1255183468_thumb.jpg

The second was taken a while back using an old Nikon SLR on 400 ASA film (no digital here) The subject is Edith Falls, south of Katherine NT, just after sunrise.

post-7683-1255183502_thumb.jpg

Gorgoeus photos everyone :cry:. I will hopefully be able to partake this month, although going by the weather it may not be for another week (has been rainy, overcast and yucky) :mad.

I've missed some pretty spectacular shots over the last few weeks, including a sun rise over canola ( sun coming up behind me ) and the moon setting on the horizon. I'm still kicking myself over that one, as I couldn't park the dog trailer anywhere to take it.

This one is from Forbes last weekend.

post-4363-1256174148_thumb.jpg

Some lovely sunset shots here guys, I havent been able to participate, been away for half the month and been sick for the rest and the weather here (apart from the last few days) has been really ordinary. I look forward to getting back into it next month!!

• 1 month later...

I know it's a month late LOL but here's a shot from my childhood home from the other day...before the snow & wind and crappy weather set in! We were sitting in the house chatting when I saw the sky change out of the corner of my eye and bolted out the basement door to try to capture it. Amazing, stunning light & colours. No where gets sunsets like at the Lake House, imho.

USADEC09_24.jpg