Not Dog Related But Please Help

Dust Angel

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for posting this, I live 200kms from Norseman, but am holidaying at the moment and didn't know it had happened, I will endeavour to keep you all updated once I get home.

Signed, there are many horse lovers residing in Norseman so I am sure they will try to make sure he gets taken for what he can.

It's pretty evil.

But far from an isolated case.

There are archery, cross-bow groups that arrange with farmers to go on the property and kill everything and anything, except the stock and farm animals of course. One of these groups is located in the ACT.

It's pretty evil.

But far from an isolated case.

There are archery, cross-bow groups that arrange with farmers to go on the property and kill everything and anything, except the stock and farm animals of course. One of these groups is located in the ACT.

Yes, like the kangaroo found with an arrow through its head not far from the ACT border near the Federal Hwy. Apparently the roo was sighted in a paddock, but could not be located by Wildcare for two to three weeks. During this time she was unable to eat properly & had lost the sight in one eye, she also had a joey on board, who has miraculously survived the ordeal.

"Bungendore Mirror" - don't click on the link if you do not want to see the picture!

This case thankfully will go to trial, how many horrific things are done to animals and are never recorded! I signed the petition and hope everybody else does too. Hopefully the number of people signing the petition will be brought to the magistrate/judges notice during the trial to let him/her know how society views such cruelty! I feel sick now, poor bloody horse :wave:

I know this should go in OT but i really would like for as many people to find out as possible. I also know many people say that petitions arent worth the paper they are written on, however this one will be printed out and presented to the Judge on the day. So even if you think they are worthless please sign anyhow, doesnt take long and it may make a differnce. Also if you can please forward to others.

ANDREA HAYWARD

October 7, 2009 A man has allegedly shot a horse with a crossbow and used his mobile phone to film it dying on a property in Western Australia's Goldfields.

A 30-year-old man from Norseman, about 190km south of Kalgoorlie, allegedly killed the horse near the town on August 1, police spokeswoman Ros Weatherall said.

August 1 is the day acknowledged as the birthday of all horses.

The man was charged with cruelty to animals and failing to ensure the safekeeping of a firearm and ammunition.

He was also charged with the possession of unlicensed ammunition.

Police allege the man found a group of horses about 7.30am that day and shot two arrows from a large hunting bow, at one of horses from a distance of about ten metres.

"The horse, which was in pain and shock, received substantial wounds from being shot," Ms Weatherall said.

"The man then kicked the horse with significant force to force it to the ground and filmed the horse suffering and dying."

The vision was seized by police after someone allegedly viewed it on the man's phone and alerted the RSPCA, who referred the matter to local police.

The penalty for animal cruelty ranges from a minimum fine of $2,000 and a maximum of $50,000 and five years imprisonment.

RSPCA spokesman Richard Barry said details of the case would "shock the whole of Australia."

"I've never seen anything like this," he said.

The man will appear in the Norseman Magistrates Court on October 21.

LinkTo News Article

Link To petition

The petition has been created by a friend of mine after discussions with people in the area of Norseman.

• 3 weeks later...

This is the latest on this scum from our local paper

Animal cruelty charge

JULIA KOGAN

23/10/2009 4:00:00 AM

A MAN appeared at the Norseman Magistrates Court on Tuesday accused of killing a horse with a bow and an arrow and filming its death on his mobile phone.

The 30-year-old Norseman man was granted bail and is scheduled to reappear in court on Tuesday, December 22.

He is charged with animal cruelty, failing to ensure the safekeeping of a firearm and ammunition and possessing unlicensed ammunition.

Webb is seeking legal advice.

RSPCA spokesman Richard Barry said that he watched the video with the RSPCA chief inspector - who has been in the job for over a decade - and they were both shocked and appalled.

“It’s horrific and I did feel for a short time that I was watching a horror film,” he said.

“This footage will cause outrage around the country if released. The bow and arrow is a dangerous and a deadly weapon,” he said.

Webb could be facing five years in prison - the harshest punishment for animal cruelty charges in Australia.

Norseman Police Acting Sergeant Michael Slaughter said that a concerned member of the public contacted the RSPCA and explained what was witnessed.

“RSPCA referred the matter to us and we investigated it and executed a search warrant on the alleged offender’s address where several items were seized by the police such as a mobile phone, crossbow and arrow set and some firearms and ammunition,” he said.