Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Between Cottesloe and North Freo

We're the losers on the dog beach with no dog! But we dont mind them being crazy. A non-dog beach is just boring now!

You never know who has dogs and who doesn't because the dogs are all over the place while the owners just walk up and down :crossfingers:

We are heading there tomorrow morning, last time this week before back to work on Monday.

Took Mason to a mates farm yesterday arvo and they had great fun playing farm dogs!! He got stuck in the mud at one stage and hubby had to pull him out! He is still tired today, normally he follows me around asking for a walk but today he is just laying around ;)

Hi everyone

Does anyone know of a good dog trainer.

We have a 9 week Stafford and live in Rockingham area. this is our first dog and really want to do things right

Hi and welcome :laugh:

I highly recommend Carolyn Read (Train A Pup Time). Her website is HERE

She is in Armadale which isn't too far from Rocky (I travelled 35 minutes each weekend to attend her classes and they are worth it!)

Carolyn's classes are 5 weeks instead of the usual 4 weeks that vet puppy classes do, and the goody bag you get is full of quality toys and treats, not crappy stuff.

Carolyn herself is lovely, very knowledgable and you come away armed with lots of information and training methods.

Best of luck with your new puppy!! How about some photos?! :love:

Took Mason to a mates farm yesterday arvo and they had great fun playing farm dogs!! He got stuck in the mud at one stage and hubby had to pull him out! He is still tired today, normally he follows me around asking for a walk but today he is just laying around :(

Glad to hear he had a great time :party: Funny that he got stuck in mud though! Where did he even find mud? :love:

Hi everyone

Does anyone know of a good dog trainer.

We have a 9 week Stafford and live in Rockingham area. this is our first dog and really want to do things right

Welcome and remember to post photos :laugh: Sorry I can't help with trainers in that area.

I agree with Train a pup time - I haven't taken a pup there, but I have recommended others because of the feedback I had from RallyValley - and everyone who has taken that advice has been extremely happy with her course.

Welcome, btw - would love to see some photos of your new pup!

emery! you have to go to hilaries dog beach at a time i can go i want to meet chandra!

and you lot make me feel bad :laugh: I go out waayyyy too much (as anyone who is fb friends with me will know ahah)

rofl ok weekends only though when i dont have a dog show rofl

I have rung K9 and there is an ACWA Meeting tonight at 7.30 - so K9 will be open for training :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: Me and Toby will be there

A warning for anybody going to K9 - the scrub next to the sheds has been cleared and council guys were gobsmacked at the number of BIG snakes :eek: so be very aware

Took Mason to a mates farm yesterday arvo and they had great fun playing farm dogs!! He got stuck in the mud at one stage and hubby had to pull him out! He is still tired today, normally he follows me around asking for a walk but today he is just laying around :eek:

LOL, has he recovered yet today :thumbsup:

Daisy has the pleasure of being sedated and having her anal glands flushed and packed tomorrow, poor little mite :D Has anyone had this done before - any nasty after effects that I can look forward too :thumbsup:

Daisy has the pleasure of being sedated and having her anal glands flushed and packed tomorrow, poor little mite :)Has anyone had this done before - any nasty after effects that I can look forward too :thumbsup:

No, can't say I have had this done before myself! :eek:*Ouch*

Poor Daisy, she will feel much better afterwards though!

Have left my 5 month old puppy inside the house with his older brother today ..... he has access to outside but I have :thumbsup: there will still be a house to get home to tonight! :D

ooooh you're brave GR :thumbsup:

No no experience CC, but speaking of anal glands :eek: Trixie's is almost completely healed, just a tiny bump where it was, that was quick!

Oh and I like a good drink or 10 or 20 :D But only on special occasions, because I get terrible terrible hangovers! So when I go out I usually make a good effort and I can't contain the dancing :thumbsup: Don't really drink midweek, on weekends I'll have one or two.

:) at the big snakes, glad I don't live in those houses across the road from K9...