Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

I think it's another GSP isn't it Carey? :cry:

Yep, GSP puppy.

It is only early days yet, I have sent 2 emails to breeders in NSW and have another couple I want to approach. One responded within 2 hours and has a litter due at the end of March and possibly another planned for late this year/early next. She comes with very good recommendations (DoL of course) but has never flown a puppy.

Apparently the dam is "a very sweet girl and not too OTT" Im not sure if that is in terms of any dog or a GSP! :laugh:

Edited by CareyJ

:p Just had the best walk yet with my two dogs!!! Cesar style :laugh:

I think its the only walk weve ever been on when the kelpie has been on the lead the whole time and by my side....LOL Usually once we hit the bush she is off lead and does her own thing - but is always in sight....Today I decided to do a structured walk for them both after watching Cesar Milan all arvo......Was only half an hour, they both stayed by my side the entire way, and now the ridgeback is guts up sound alseep while the kelpie is "just resting" :cry: His way of walking certainly makes them use alot more energy, oh and Im knackered too!!!

It took ridgeback about 5 minutes to "get it", stay by my side and you wont get corrected........kelpie took just a little longer - about half the walk, but then she is not usually on lead :)

All in all I was very pleased with our outing, we dealt with kangaroos on our outing, which they both ignored after a couple of corrections and then sheepies on our way up the driveway, which the kelpie ignored after a couple of corrections also :p . Ridgeback doesnt give a toss about sheep - they are not roos :D

*My "corrections" are a quick tug on the lead, just connects with the dog............nothing sinister, and yes they both wear check chains :love:

:p Just had the best walk yet with my two dogs!!! Cesar style :laugh:

I think its the only walk weve ever been on when the kelpie has been on the lead the whole time and by my side....LOL Usually once we hit the bush she is off lead and does her own thing - but is always in sight....Today I decided to do a structured walk for them both after watching Cesar Milan all arvo......Was only half an hour, they both stayed by my side the entire way, and now the ridgeback is guts up sound alseep while the kelpie is "just resting" :D His way of walking certainly makes them use alot more energy, oh and Im knackered too!!!

It took ridgeback about 5 minutes to "get it", stay by my side and you wont get corrected........kelpie took just a little longer - about half the walk, but then she is not usually on lead :love:

All in all I was very pleased with our outing, we dealt with kangaroos on our outing, which they both ignored after a couple of corrections and then sheepies on our way up the driveway, which the kelpie ignored after a couple of corrections also :) . Ridgeback doesnt give a toss about sheep - they are not roos :p

*My "corrections" are a quick tug on the lead, just connects with the dog............nothing sinister, and yes they both wear check chains :love:

Sounds like you had a great time :cry:

"Ceasar style" walks are so relaxing :cry:

Had my Psych. interview today for police- was so scary! :laugh: The interviewer didn't think I was a confrontational person enough for them- so I had to try and prove I was.. and that I was old enough.. Will get a letter sent out soon, now I hope I pass physical on monday!

"Ceasar style" walks are so relaxing :p

Had my Psych. interview today for police- was so scary! :cry: The interviewer didn't think I was a confrontational person enough for them- so I had to try and prove I was.. and that I was old enough.. Will get a letter sent out soon, now I hope I pass physical on monday!

They certainly are boxagirl!!

Hope you did ok for your psych test.....I know I wouldnt pass in a fit, far too wussy :D Geez, I probably wouldnt pass the physical either..LOL!

We had a great time Mas!! No more free runs for the kelpie - until after her brain walk anyway :laugh:

I am in love with a japanese spitz! :) Have the most gorgeous little jap spitz in at work named Kumo. I want one! If I ever get a little dog I know what I want! (oh.. and a French Bulldog of course!)

Edited by boxagirl

Sounds like me.....Ive got a list of dogs I want.....although I will probably never get any of for one reason or another...Maybe just the pug, a basenji, another bunch of kelpies and ridgies, but I also love GSPs...looking forward to CareyJ's puppy pics LOL!!!

French Bulldogs are rather cute too.... :) :)

A lot less than flying a puppy from Hobart to Perth, via Melbourne :(

Ivy cost me just over $300 in freight I think.

And a lot less than flying 3 critters from the UK to Perth, via Singapore ;) :)

I was going to say not as much as flying Millie from Canberra to Perth at $600, but I think you win, CC :)

Tiggy, it was lovely to meet you and the gorgeous boys this morning ;) Job hunting at the moment, but when I've had a chance to go through the pics, I'll let you know ;)

Send me your resume, they are always looking for people where I work for various IT roles :D

CareyJ see if you can find someone coming across at the same time as you are flying the pup - costs a lot less as excess than unaccompanied...

Ari cost me over $1100 return trip unaccompanied to Canberra :) (this was recent and she is an adult - cost you a lot less for a pup!!)

:) Yup, I just posted about it costing me $600 one way for Millie, Canberra to Perth unaccompanied!! ;)

Try bloody USA and all the quarantine next time its just 1 dog lol
I think quarantine would send me broke! How much is it per day?

Think its around $40 a day per pet now . I paid $6000 for 2 cats to come from rsa to here. Flights were not too bad for them, about $500 each and that was international.