Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Typing this with tears in my eyes. zeus wouldn't even get up for a malteser and he was unable to get up just now to go to toilet and he wet himself. I am thinking i am not getting good news tomorrow and wondering if it would be too cruel to keep him alive to tues night when hubby gets home (zeus was brought by me for him as a birthday gift 6 years ago)

HUge HUgs Emery............

xx

Typing this with tears in my eyes. zeus wouldn't even get up for a malteser and he was unable to get up just now to go to toilet and he wet himself. I am thinking i am not getting good news tomorrow and wondering if it would be too cruel to keep him alive to tues night when hubby gets home (zeus was brought by me for him as a birthday gift 6 years ago)

Had this last year with Lilly not nice. :thumbsup: My condolences :thumbsup:

My 10 cents worth - its much easier to work with a dog that you don't have to motivate or negotiate with.

Agree here.

I think I killed Ruby's drive, though! She could have been amazing if she had been in more experienced hands. She's very lively, but the second we start working, her spark kinda disappears. And she usually has so much spark that I often get asked how old she is, and noone can believe she's 4!

Doesn't take much to motivate Millie to work, and is usually a heap of fun to train/trial - she just can't cope with the heat very well and it affects her desire to work. I want a Cider dog that is motivated to work regardless of weather!!! Is that trainable, or is it in the dog? Admittedly we rarely train during the day, but if I knew I could train desire to work even when it's stinking hot, I'd make more of an effort to head out in the heat of the day to train!!

Sending hugs Emery be strong for Zues, he will pick up on your vibes, be strong for him to heal, I am sure the vet will help with his pain management

J xox

Hugs Emery - he may just be having a bad day tho ...

And even more hugs from me emery.....never an easy decision. Take care ok!!!

Such a huge trip for doggies that are not used to travelling. I am coming up in the middle of June for the ET and an onedience trial. Hopefully I will meet some of you lovely people when I am up there :thumbsup:

Sorry RS I had LOTS of reading to catch up so I could post in this thread :thumbsup:

Which obedience trial are u doing ??

Umm I think it is the Northern Suburbs one, it is the Sunday after the ET trial anyway at Carine Open space or something similar.

thats my club, we will be there :dancingelephant:

It will be lovely to be able to meet you and Mason in person :dancingelephant:

We have had a small training break - been ramping up the km's a little for the ET, but will be back into it this weekend, so hopefully I don't embarress myself !

OMG! I really don't think Mason's family could cope with my Zac!!! I came home from work today and said to Mum "I think he's settling down" She rolled her eyes and said "you think? :dancingelephant:" I gather he's been a pain...oh well..he'll settle down soon...maybe! :thumbsup:
Just do what bedazzled does - go for the naughty one!!!!

Don't believe when she says her Isaak is naughty, butter wouldn't melt in those pirahna - I mean puppy jaws :thumbsup:

I am not sure lots of people could cope with your little Zac!

I guess he will settle down one day, maybe when he is around 12 or so! Goodluck with that Bedazzled!

Very sorry to hear that Emery.

Hopefully once you have spoken to the vet his pain can be managed until your husband comes home and you decide what to do.

Lots of hugs and Whippy nose prods from us

We have had a small training break - been ramping up the km's a little for the ET, but will be back into it this weekend, so hopefully I don't embarress myself !

You put me to shame! I wanted to do the ET, but haven't found the time (or motivation) to train for it :dancingelephant: I guess it's a bit too late to train for this year's now, isn't it? :thumbsup:

Bedazzled, you're judging it, does that mean you have to ride it all too? Ouch :thumbsup:

Trust me the intial bit made my bottom and legs very sore. Now they are quite good - no smaller unfortunately, but at least they don't hurt now.

We did 7km bike ride and a 3 km walk today :thumbsup: Lewis LOVES it. Rommi only does the walks as she thinks biking more than 2 kms is far too much!

He's 6 months today! :D Hopefully he'll stop growing soon...he's 51 cm and weighs 18 kg :cheer:

:dancingelephant: :dancingelephant: How old is young Zac now Bedazzled???? I hope he settles down a bit sooner than my mad ridgy :cheer: Shes coming up 5 years old next month and still behaves like a 6 month old!! It will be very interesting to see how she is when she is an old lady :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Good luck with your search for a pup Mas, having broken both my dogs, Im a bit reluctant to get a third :dancingelephant::happydance::cheer:

Nooooo!!!! Last time we walked around the course a couple of times observing everyone. Its pretty easy nowadays. I did the ET in the dark old days when you had to do a full Novice round (2 lots of heelwork in those days, on lead and off lead) plus a retrieve over the jump and a full distance recall...both before the trial and after!!! It was down at Gleneagles Pine plantation complete with massive puddles to ride through or dismount and go around. My dog had never been so filthy!!!! (I went through the puddle/lake :dancingelephant:)

You put me to shame! I wanted to do the ET, but haven't found the time (or motivation) to train for it :dancingelephant: I guess it's a bit too late to train for this year's now, isn't it? :thumbsup:

Bedazzled, you're judging it, does that mean you have to ride it all too? Ouch :thumbsup: