Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Lincoln made it alright and is currently in the breeders dog trailer with his sister on the way to his "new" home.

So glad that he is there safe, I think he is going to have a lot of fun, will he be kept separate from other dogs or will he and his sister be together the whole time Valley?

They have kennels so he will probably rotate between the kennels and house, sharing and not sharing.

Just waiting got the Bowen Therapist to come look at Toby, she should be here soon! :thumbsup:

Thats lovely that she comes to the house, does she do all areas?

My new little man :mad

awwwww indeed and I can confirm he is just a gorgeous in the flesh :D You did very well to get a clip without my noisy little sod's squealing barks in the background ;)

One week tomorrow and my babies are released from prison :thumbsup: They have had enough now and so have we, Louis in particular is going stir crazy - not surprising on 1 and 1/2 hours exercise a week! Can't wait to get them home for snuggles :mad We have an expensive shopping trip this weekend as we need to get dog beds, cat bed, cat climbing frame, litter tray, toys etc :eek: They are going to be so spoilt on release :)

They have kennels so he will probably rotate between the kennels and house, sharing and not sharing.

Just waiting got the Bowen Therapist to come look at Toby, she should be here soon! :D

Thats lovely that she comes to the house, does she do all areas?

I think she would do Ellenbrook. PM me if you want her number. Toby is so relaxed and the therapist found inflamation in his shoulder so it's not his leg! :thumbsup:

I am not too bad Ptolomy but it hasn't him me yet I don't think. When I slow down it probably will. :)

awwwww indeed and I can confirm he is just a gorgeous in the flesh :D You did very well to get a clip without my noisy little sod's squealing barks in the background ;)

One week tomorrow and my babies are released from prison :thumbsup: They have had enough now and so have we, Louis in particular is going stir crazy - not surprising on 1 and 1/2 hours exercise a week! Can't wait to get them home for snuggles :mad We have an expensive shopping trip this weekend as we need to get dog beds, cat bed, cat climbing frame, litter tray, toys etc :mad They are going to be so spoilt on release :)

OH you lucky thing - 1 week will hopefully go quickly and I didn't even have to edit Louie barking out of the video.

I wish I could rally up enough support to get something done about the conditions in Quarantine. Just a cover over the roof would mean that the kennels/sleeping areas/bedding are not totally soaked when it rains. I know when we had kennels after hosing them down we would get the excess water out with a rubber broom, meaning the kennels would dry quickly - somehow I don't think this is done. At $39 a day I expect a lot more than what we are getting and unfortunately we don't have a choice. Oh and another gripe - I asked if anybody had booked the exercises area we were in for the 12-12.30 slot and was immediately told that all dogs were only allowed 30 minutes outside and we had had our 30 minutes. And while I am at it - visiting days are Monday, Wednesday and friday 11.30-12.30 it sucks!

I feel better now :eek:

I wish I could rally up enough support to get something done about the conditions in Quarantine. Just a cover over the roof would mean that the kennels/sleeping areas/bedding are not totally soaked when it rains.

Does Quarantine actually provide shelter??!! Aren't there standards that need to be met?

One week tomorrow and my babies are released from prison :thumbsup: They have had enough now and so have we, Louis in particular is going stir crazy - not surprising on 1 and 1/2 hours exercise a week! Can't wait to get them home for snuggles :mad We have an expensive shopping trip this weekend as we need to get dog beds, cat bed, cat climbing frame, litter tray, toys etc :mad They are going to be so spoilt on release :)

OH you lucky thing - 1 week will hopefully go quickly and I didn't even have to edit Louie barking out of the video.

I wish I could rally up enough support to get something done about the conditions in Quarantine. Just a cover over the roof would mean that the kennels/sleeping areas/bedding are not totally soaked when it rains. I know when we had kennels after hosing them down we would get the excess water out with a rubber broom, meaning the kennels would dry quickly - somehow I don't think this is done. At $39 a day I expect a lot more than what we are getting and unfortunately we don't have a choice. Oh and another gripe - I asked if anybody had booked the exercises area we were in for the 12-12.30 slot and was immediately told that all dogs were only allowed 30 minutes outside and we had had our 30 minutes. And while I am at it - visiting days are Monday, Wednesday and friday 11.30-12.30 it sucks!

I feel better now :eek:

I know how you feel, my cats suffered in there, it was so so cold that my small cat sat in the plastic igloo on the top and would not come out except to eat, when they were in JHB their 'cage' had a lovely carpeted area and it was not hosed out and wet everyday all day!! I got so upset visiting them that I eventually stopped and did not go at all the last week as it would stress me out so much, they also hardly ever had enough cat litter...

Here are some pics, the first one was in Joburg where they spent 6 months, look at the lovely places they had to sleep and the floor was carpeted as it can get very cold there in winter. The second and third pics are from here in Perth....

IMG_3840.jpg

DSC02168.jpg

DSC02171.jpg

You can see how cold she is here...

Edited to say that the pink bed in the second pic I took in for her, in the first pic everything was supplied by the quarantine kennels, and you must see the set up for the dogs, they each have a wooden house with a lovely garden with a fence around.

Edited by Mas1981

Who owns the quarantine station, AQIS????? By the sounds of it they need a huge kick in the butt!!

How do they expect dogs and cats (who have come from a "home" environment!) to stay in such a place for however long it is ( :rainbowbridge: ) under such basic conditions!! They would be stressed to say the least!!

I would be sending my disgust to AQIS if indeed thats who runs the place!! Poor dogs and cats :cry:

Anyway.........Ptolomy, your new baby is cute as - better watch out for him going missing :laugh::cry:

..........Llamas are more cuterer than alpacas - sorry girls :D :D ....especially baby ones!!

WX - is that Sandy Y from Bunbury?? I guess I should ring her and ask if they need a hand!

Rat

Lincoln made it alright and is currently in the breeders dog trailer with his sister on the way to his "new" home.

Glad to hear Lincoln got there safely.

How are you holding up???

My mistake, Lincoln wasn't on the way home but went to a trainee judges seminar and helped educate new judges about the breed along with his sister. :rainbowbridge: That boy is going to have to time of his life!

The quarantine station was sold a few years back by a group who own Cohuna park i believe.

It is currently being run on a lease basis & could close leaving only Mel & Sydney but because it has been so full especially with the South African dogs it is still operating.

The kennel set up it self isnt that bad except by choice the runs outside being covered would be way more logical.

When our dog did 63 days she came from winter to 40 degrees here so we took our own shade cloth up & covered her run.

The kennels do have a sleeping area in a nook BUT with no roof on the outside area then does come in easily BUT many boarding kennels are far worse than quarantine

You are actually lucky now in that you can use the hydrobath & dryers.

The first few dogs i had to bath up there was on the floor with an old rubber attachment on the tape,the table was a giant wooden table & a hand dryer .

They certainly didn't scrap the runs when our dog was in,at that stage long termers could be visited in the morning plus the pm slot daily & we would go up & scrap our dogs run ourselves.

They also didn't own a pooper scooper & used a small coal style shovel to pick up & a bag :rainbowbridge:

The last dog i visited up there we groomed etc etc & you got very creative in the time frame & many hands made it easier .

There was talk of quarantine going private but who knows.

Quarantine isn't about home environment as it needs to be cleaned etc etc & the set up is just like a kennel the only difference is being let out daily although the outside runs leave alot to be desired especially if you have a coated dog.

Yes you could whinge but it isnt that bad & at present i would sooner be able to visit my dog here than in the east

I am not too bad Ptolomy but it hasn't him me yet I don't think. When I slow down it probably will. :laugh:

I'm sorry valleyCBR I don't know the story behind this, but having rehomed two of my beloved pooches before moving over here, I know just how hard it is :cry::rainbowbridge:

I realise that Byford is a quarantine station and not a luxury kennel, but the constant dampness in the kennels is surely not good for any dog :cry: and being kicked out of the exercise area when no one has booked it after you is just mean - it's the only chance the dogs get to get a bit of sun on their back and to be in a dry environment this time of year :D

I am not too bad Ptolomy but it hasn't him me yet I don't think. When I slow down it probably will. :laugh:

I'm sorry valleyCBR I don't know the story behind this, but having rehomed two of my beloved pooches before moving over here, I know just how hard it is :cry::rainbowbridge:

I realise that Byford is a quarantine station and not a luxury kennel, but the constant dampness in the kennels is surely not good for any dog :cry: and being kicked out of the exercise area when no one has booked it after you is just mean - it's the only chance the dogs get to get a bit of sun on their back and to be in a dry environment this time of year :D

Thankfully he is not rehomed just on a holiday with his breeder to go to some shows/ get some retrieveing training/ they are taking him to Adelaide for the Adelaide royal. I can imagine how hard it would be to give up a dog forever, spending 6 weeks away from my boy will be torture.

My new little man :)

awwwww indeed and I can confirm he is just a gorgeous in the flesh :laugh: You did very well to get a clip without my noisy little sod's squealing barks in the background :cry:

One week tomorrow and my babies are released from prison :rainbowbridge: They have had enough now and so have we, Louis in particular is going stir crazy - not surprising on 1 and 1/2 hours exercise a week! Can't wait to get them home for snuggles :) We have an expensive shopping trip this weekend as we need to get dog beds, cat bed, cat climbing frame, litter tray, toys etc :D They are going to be so spoilt on release :cry:

I feel better now :D

Not long Crazy Cresties, they dogs will appreciate all they have and more once released!! I am seriously thinking about using New Zealand to quarantine this time and just come straight here after 30 days there, the facilities there are so much better!

J