Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Bit sad about some of the comments. The advice given should be the same whether the person is known to you or not.....your advice shouldn't necessarily change just because somebody is a DOLer.

And that is not intending any disrespect to Steve...advice is advice whether a DOLer is concerned or not.

Very True Ellz as I said in my post accidents happen, and that doesnt change whoever it is, I was very sad to hear it was Steve ( even though I dont know her) I know of her reputation and really felt for both parties.

I do hope the OP will still get a puppy from the same person, I still say its fate, and for a reason.

J

I am so sorry for Vaders Mum and Steve also... that is an awful thing to happen but a complete accident. Steve is a very well respected breeder and member of DOL and was my first choice when i recommended a breeder of beagles to my friend, also in WA. I honestly feel that Steve comes across as nothing but genuine all the time and tries incredibly hard to to the right thing by all her puppy buyers. You are in safe hands, Vaders Mum, and you'll get a beautiful puppy that will help you ease the pain of the tragic loss of poor vader :dancingelephant:

:dancingelephant:

Beautifully put ST :dancingelephant:

Bit sad about some of the comments. The advice given should be the same whether the person is known to you or not.....your advice shouldn't necessarily change just because somebody is a DOLer.

And that is not intending any disrespect to Steve...advice is advice whether a DOLer is concerned or not.

My sentiments exactly.

There is always two sides to every story and in this case we know both, but many times we do not and many times the breeder involved would have their reputation tarnished without the ability to respond. I think this is something to think about before making posts in future in relation to breeders for all of us.

I am very sorry for both parties. I am very sorry that a breeder had to ring and let a new family hear the worst news, the way to finish off an already broken heart. And the new family will of course be completely devistated, no more much anticpated new baby.

I feel sorry for everyone involved.

My sentiments exactly.

There is always two sides to every story and in this case we know both, but many times we do not and many times the breeder involved would have their reputation tarnished without the ability to respond. I think this is something to think about before making posts in future in relation to breeders for all of us.

I am very sorry for both parties. I am very sorry that a breeder had to ring and let a new family hear the worst news, the way to finish off an already broken heart. And the new family will of course be completely devistated, no more much anticpated new baby.

I feel sorry for everyone involved.

Totally agree!!

(((Hugs))) Vaders Mum :dancingelephant:

Give yourself time to think and grieve. Don't make any decisions on the spur of the moment when you are still in shock and grieving. There is no right or wrong way to deal with things as you have to do what is right for you.

So sorry Vaders Mum - such sad news and such a sad accident ;)

Well the dogs have settled in nicely and even little Indy has quietened down, all it took was another $60 bed to shut her up :thumbsup: They are enjoying getting some sun on their backs after 30 days of gloom and have been for some nice park walks, including round Lake Monger which was lovely :) We went for a beach walk yesterday on the North Fremantle dog beach and Louis was a little terror! (see here - http://www.dolforums.com.au/index.php?showtopic=202474) so if anyone can recommend a good basic training course I could take Louis to, or maybe a behaviourist in the Perth area that would be great :rofl:

Daisy is off to the groomers tomorrow, so will no longer look like a cuddly teddy bear - for a few weeks at least :rofl:

Catching some rays :thumbsup:

P1010326.jpg

P1010331.jpg

P1010347.jpg

P1010338.jpg

And spot the Crestie - it's chilly in this house :)

P1010351.jpg

There is a behaviouralist called Kathy Kopelis - McLeod that works in Perth. I have only heard good reports.

Glad your guys seemed settled an happy. I am quite sure they have had enough of the quarantine kennels.

Lovely photos

Unless you are having REAL problems and not training problems you may find its better to go to training classes instead of the behaviourist which will cost around $400.

If you remind us which suburb you are in we can recommend a training school nearby.

ETA Just read the other thread and it sounds like a behaviorist might be the go. I thought you meant he was pulling on the leash or something.

Edited by valleyCBR

There is a behaviouralist called Kathy Kopelis - McLeod that works in Perth. I have only heard good reports.

Glad your guys seemed settled an happy. I am quite sure they have had enough of the quarantine kennels.

Lovely photos

Thanks Rommi n Lewis, I'll look her up :thumbsup:

Unless you are having REAL problems and not training problems you may find its better to go to training classes instead of the behaviourist which will cost around $400.

If you remind us which suburb you are in we can recommend a training school nearby.

ETA Just read the other thread and it sounds like a behaviorist might be the go. I thought you meant he was pulling on the leash or something.

I'm in Mount Lawley at the moment but am happy to travel for a good recommendation :)

Lovely photos

Thanks Rommi n Lewis, I'll look her up :thumbsup:

I'm in Mount Lawley at the moment but am happy to travel for a good recommendation :)

Perth Dog Training Club has classes in Vic Park on Tuesday evenings. :)

Lovely photos

Thanks Rommi n Lewis, I'll look her up :)

Perth Dog Training Club has classes in Vic Park on Tuesday evenings. :thumbsup:

Isn't it Wednesdays :thumbsup:

Lovely photos

Thanks Rommi n Lewis, I'll look her up :)

I'm in Mount Lawley at the moment but am happy to travel for a good recommendation :thumbsup:

Perth Dog Training Club has classes in Vic Park on Tuesday evenings. ;)

Isn't it Wednesdays :)

Probably. :thumbsup:

P1010347.jpg

P1010338.jpg

Gorgeous pics of such spoiled pets CC :)

Love the beds, especially Indy's, where did you get it? I have two monsters that insist on sleeping on my bed and I would love to get something like Indy's has to entice at least one of them onto their own bed :)

Also, I have used Kathy Kopellis McLeod, she is in Morley which is very close to you and she is one of the nicest people you could meet, not to mention great at what she does. Here is her website

Good luck with the little man :thumbsup:

Edited by Golden Rules

Kathy is great and really knows her stuff. I would recommend her also.

Lovely photos

I would wait a while and do some basic obedience it takes a few weeks after qtine for all to return to "normal!!"

I use Garth Jennings and he is great ( a qualified Behaviourist) who is only $250 and a 2 hours session and a life time gtee with on going if needed.

We are lucky here in perth there are a lot of good trainers, but if I were you CC I would give them a bit of time, its a big move and lots of changes!!

The photos are great, they all look so happy!!

PS I have a friend who has a litter of Cresties if you feel the need for another one!! ( I know its naughty!!)

J

CC I might know of someone but i have to find out if she does consultations or not...

if she does I'll give you her contact details.

Thanks ST :thumbsup:

Love the beds, especially Indy's, where did you get it? I have two monsters that insist on sleeping on my bed and I would love to get something like Indy's has to entice at least one of them onto their own bed :)

Also, I have used Kathy Kopellis McLeod, she is in Morley which is very close to you and she is one of the nicest people you could meet, not to mention great at what she does. Here is her website

Good luck with the little man :thumbsup:

Cheers GR :rofl: The beds came from Zoo Products in Claremont, the red 'camping' bed was a bargain - $19 :) It comes in lime green too ;)

From all the recommendations it sounds like Kathy will be getting a phone call from me very soon :rofl:

You entered Tiggy? Really small numbers in obedience and agility partly due to the fact that the August trial is so soon after the July trial and cost is a factor these days. Also there are retrieving trials on the same weekend and a few people who would normally go to Gero for the obedience and agility are retrieving.

Anyone going to the Gero trial this weekend? I know bedazzled and Brookie are :thumbsup: . I can't believe there's only four dogs entered in obedience.

I would wait a while and do some basic obedience it takes a few weeks after qtine for all to return to "normal!!"

I use Garth Jennings and he is great ( a qualified Behaviourist) who is only $250 and a 2 hours session and a life time gtee with on going if needed.

We are lucky here in perth there are a lot of good trainers, but if I were you CC I would give them a bit of time, its a big move and lots of changes!!

The photos are great, they all look so happy!!

PS I have a friend who has a litter of Cresties if you feel the need for another one!! ( I know its naughty!!)

J

Thanks J, unfortunately this is 'normal' behaviour for him :) thanks for another recommendation too :) and don't tempt me with puppies, that's very bad :laugh: Anyway I'm up to my 2 dog limit for Perth :)