Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

[

Love the pics. The second one, the dog on the right of pics, is definitely going for the Guinness Book of Records on "How wide can a Stafford smile" - gorgeous.

And you could label the car one as "tahen from a speed camera" :)

They are GREAT pics

Thanks guys, the way it happened its plain and simple an accident could of happened to anyone even me. just seem to be one forgetful/distracted moment sad but it does happen. They live on a rural property so the chances of him getting hit was freak to say the least. My gut isnt telling me anything but Im sure it will.

so thanks again

Hey all,

So quiet on my front was going to come down to watch the dogs at hay park but had some news so wasnt feeling it. Well my boy was due to arrive tomorrow but he got run over and died! :(

So I now have to options get my money refunded or they have just had a new litter (4 days ago) and I can have the pick of the litter. I just dont know what to do. We recently got burnt by a scam person advertising dogs, I know deep down this isnt one they are registered and are everywhere but I still get a worried feeling about it. I just dont know what to do :cheer:

The breeders they have in WA most I have spoken to it a year + wait so do I get a refund wait a LOOOOOONNNNNGGGGG time or wait 8 weeks?

Some help would be great everyone is tellling me to get the refund but I would really like my dog (he was my birthday present (yesterday))

very sorry to hear your puppy has crossed to the bridge.

all the best in the decision you make.

can't telly ou what to do but if you trust and like the lines of this breeder perhaps wait for the next litter 2 months does go fast

It does go fast it just sucks I just dont knwo what my gut is saying thats all anyway I will think about it and will talk with fiance see what he thinks.

im so sorry to hear about your pup, after reading steves post, I think that it was a very sad accident. i think 8 weeks will go so fast and sad as it is things happen for a reason.

good luck and hugs xxxxxx

So sorry to hear about Vadar.

Many many years ago I had a very similar thing happen and it was on a town block. I can tell you now you never stop blaming yourself or feeling guilty. I now make sure my dogs are in the car or locked up as they can be very quick and are so tiny you cannot see if they are where they shouldn't be.

It will be harder snice he was your birthday present and I know how excited you have been in the lead up.

Please accept my deepest sympathies.

I would wait until the next litter, it will seem like a long time, but 8 weeks will go very quickly indeed.

Hugs and Whippet kisses from us.

http://www.dolforums.com.au/index.php?showtopic=202428

I really don't think you could have a more reputable breeder. They are grieving too. I read here (DOL) every day and I really am uncomfortable with posters aways seemng to lean to the worst when they only have part of the story.

I think most people just assumed that the pup had gotten off the property somehow and was on the road etc.

My dad ran my favorite rabbit over years ago when I was in hospital in similar circumstances- he felt awful for years.

http://www.dolforums.com.au/index.php?showtopic=202428

I really don't think you could have a more reputable breeder. They are grieving too. I read here (DOL) every day and I really am uncomfortable with posters aways seemng to lean to the worst when they only have part of the story.

I think most people just assumed that the pup had gotten off the property somehow and was on the road etc.

My dad ran my favorite rabbit over years ago when I was in hospital in similar circumstances- he felt awful for years.

Just remember Vader as I said before "Things happen for a reason"

To be promised pick of the litter is the breeders way of helping them get over this terrible accident as well, do what is right in your heart but I believe taking a pup from them will also help them in this very sad process.

J

Vadars mum I think the awful feeling in your gut is grief and shock rather than being the victim of another scam. I can understand that you feel like you do though. Even though puppy wasn't home yet you would have felt like you knew him and that he was already part of the family. Hopefully the initial shock will pass in a few days and you will feel better able to decide what is best for you to do.

Being a regular DOL reader and having read many posts by your breeder, I would say that your situation is purely as a result from a tragic accident. Your breeder, from what I have read, does a lot to help people, and would be the last person I would think would do the wrong thing by a buyer.

I would take up the offer of pick pup from her other litter. He wont be Vadar, but I'm sure he will be just as perfect a fit for your family with much love to give you. 2 months may feel like a long time now, but it will be the time you need to grieve for Vadar and be ready to accept a new baby.

I hope everyone starts to feel a little better soon.

Vadars mum I think the awful feeling in your gut is grief and shock rather than being the victim of another scam. I can understand that you feel like you do though. Even though puppy wasn't home yet you would have felt like you knew him and that he was already part of the family. Hopefully the initial shock will pass in a few days and you will feel better able to decide what is best for you to do.

Being a regular DOL reader and having read many posts by your breeder, I would say that your situation is purely as a result from a tragic accident. Your breeder, from what I have read, does a lot to help people, and would be the last person I would think would do the wrong thing by a buyer.

I would take up the offer of pick pup from her other litter. He wont be Vadar, but I'm sure he will be just as perfect a fit for your family with much love to give you. 2 months may feel like a long time now, but it will be the time you need to grieve for Vadar and be ready to accept a new baby.

I hope everyone starts to feel a little better soon.

+1 ;)

Sorry to both Vaders Mum and Steve for this terrible tragedy :( RIP little puppy :cheer:

I am so sorry for Vaders Mum and Steve also... that is an awful thing to happen but a complete accident. Steve is a very well respected breeder and member of DOL and was my first choice when i recommended a breeder of beagles to my friend, also in WA. I honestly feel that Steve comes across as nothing but genuine all the time and tries incredibly hard to to the right thing by all her puppy buyers. You are in safe hands, Vaders Mum, and you'll get a beautiful puppy that will help you ease the pain of the tragic loss of poor vader :cheer:

:(

Totally agree with Sparky Tansy!!

Sadly no matter how careful you are as a breeder, sometimes bad things happen.

I am so sorry about your puppy Vader, but if it was me I'd be waiting the 8 weeks.

Take care of yourself and allow yourself to grieve. :cheer:

my old boss is a great vet, she picked things up other vets did not. she is on south west highway the clinic is called silverson.

she used to be extreamly well priced (i have not seen her in a while) and is very good

Bit sad about some of the comments. The advice given should be the same whether the person is known to you or not.....your advice shouldn't necessarily change just because somebody is a DOLer.

And that is not intending any disrespect to Steve...advice is advice whether a DOLer is concerned or not.

So quiet on my front was going to come down to watch the dogs at hay park but had some news so wasnt feeling it. Well my boy was due to arrive tomorrow but he got run over and died! :dancingelephant:

So I now have to options get my money refunded or they have just had a new litter (4 days ago) and I can have the pick of the litter. I just dont know what to do. We recently got burnt by a scam person advertising dogs, I know deep down this isnt one they are registered and are everywhere but I still get a worried feeling about it. I just dont know what to do :dancingelephant:

The breeders they have in WA most I have spoken to it a year + wait so do I get a refund wait a LOOOOOONNNNNGGGGG time or wait 8 weeks?

Some help would be great everyone is tellling me to get the refund but I would really like my dog (he was my birthday present (yesterday))

That is bloody terrible news vaders mum. RIP little boy. If that happened to me I would be devastated and a little angry perhaps but good on you for taking it so well and not blaming the breeder, as I bet she feels like crap as it is, and accidents happen to the best of us. But still i think you are better off just waiting for another pup from Steve. Another 8 weeks is not long at all to wait. She has a great reputation in the breed and you know she will be there for you in years to come to provide you with advice and support.

Edited by ncarter