Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

I am getting jealous of the Monday night crew too! I wouldn't get there in time though :(

Tiggy, to get to Canine I go down Roe Hwy to Nicholson Road exit - turn left and continue straight at the round about (which becomes Garden St) - at the second traffic lights from there turn right (Warton Road) and then keep going until you get to Canine. With all my travel to Canine over the last few years I have found that the easiest way by far to get there and you have less peak hour traffic than Tonkin Hwy :mad And it is lit up a lot better with better emergency stopping areas if necessary :D

Thanks for the directions :mad

I get jealous of the Tuesday night people. I want to meet this Asha :(

But I think until I have Lincoln at a trialling level no point coming down Tuesdays although I might do Thursdays (If thats with Southern River and I don't have to pay another membership). :mad

So I won't be seeing you at the other club not that I've been lately :D

If they ever have a class again. :mad I may go there on Thursday night if it's on because the judge of the course I did in Bunbury will be there and they are helping me set up the course so i can try finishing it this time. :(

It's actually in Bayswater - at the very end of Milne street/road - your veer left and follow the tree lined road until you get to the car park and abloution block :D

You will see a rotunda and the river from there.

On Saturday afternoons in the summer, you can sit by the river under a tree, watch the race horses go past across the river (the track is right next to the river on the other side) and after the last race, they often have a band playing which is loud enough that you get to enjoy all the entertainment as well :(

You often see dolphins swimming up and down the river as well.

A lot of people go there in the evenings in the summer (after work with a beer ;) ) and chill out - such a shame we donlt have daylight saving any more - it was brilliant being able to still be at the river at 8pm at night :mad

What time does it get dark here in the summer then :( Your right it's not far from me at all :) Had the car today so went down there and had a lovely walk with the dogs. There were some weird noises from the lake area, which I assume were frogs :)

Once Louis is a bit more settled I want to take him to some obedience classes, but will need to start with basic ones and would like to progress to having a try at agility, as the tiny bit we've tried he really enjoyed - it this Canine Association a good place to go for beginners? or can you recommend anywhere else?

Ptolomy - 3 more sleeps :mad Hope they go quickly for you :p

RS here is where you can buy proper retrieving dummies in Australia:

http://www.unitedfieldandretrieving.org.au/shop.html

Ooooh thankyou! :mad

Now I just need some spare cash :D

When you find out postage if it's cheaper for multiples let me know. Thier dummies are reallycheap too!

Any Dolers visisting Queensland anytime soon? :(

I won't be finding out, at least not for ages. Don't have any money, that part I was serious about :mad

Ptolomy - 3 more sleeps :mad Hope they go quickly for you :(

I am like a kid waiting for Christmas :mad

Zoe visited him today and all is well. She took a doekken for him to play with but he was more interested in trotting around with the food container she had with her. Apparently he has just about lost all of his puppy coat - so might have to dig out an old pair of Lexi's PJ's for him to wear when he comes home on Friday :D

I plan on sitting the other kids down on Thursday evening and telling them I have a surprise for them on Friday morning :(

Ptolomy - 3 more sleeps :( Hope they go quickly for you :)

I am like a kid waiting for Christmas :D

Zoe visited him today and all is well. She took a doekken for him to play with but he was more interested in trotting around with the food container she had with her. Apparently he has just about lost all of his puppy coat - so might have to dig out an old pair of Lexi's PJ's for him to wear when he comes home on Friday :(

I plan on sitting the other kids down on Thursday evening and telling them I have a surprise for them on Friday morning :mad

I am so excited for you Ptolomy :mad Can't wait to meet him on Sunday :)

Emery I live fairly far north hahaha Wanneroo to be exact!!! I wish I lived closer to the grounds so I could do training and stuff! I was going past there the other night on a tuesday and wondered what would be going on but decided not to drop by

I am going to have to ask a favour of someone experienced soon as well, we are doing alot of training at tafe at the moment with dog aggressive dogs and I really want to work on Maizy with the methods we are using. But I dont have a 'stouge' dog I can use (one that wont react to her or show any interest) it would all be onlead of course! we have a long way to go with her but I would love her to able to atleast go on a walk in peace. I don't think I will be able to convince my parents a behaviorist is the way to go but I am half way to becoming an accredited trainer myself and have made a lot of progress with a dog aggressive dog at tafe that my confidence to throw myself in and work on maizys problems has gotten a lot better

I am going to wait a few more weeks and pick my lecturers brain about how to deal with her, cos I think maizy is more severe than the dog I have been working with (since she has actually done damage)

I would also love to help but Mason would also just want to go and say hello.

Having had an aggressive dog I take my hat off to you for trying different things, I gave up with mine as she actually scared me to death half the time, she is better now in her old age though :) she is now 11.