Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Mas Gibbs is just gorgeous - he looks like he will be quite a character!

Look forward to meeting him!!

I remember when I got James Spartan sulked (like only a Setter can) for a good couple of weeks before he warmed up to James.

We had a good weekend - JT and lulu had their second show. lulu won baby bitch class, JT won baby dog class, then JT beat Lulu for baby of breed :) was a fun day! :D

Congrats sounds like a good show!! :thumbsup: Im trying to work on Gibbs' show stand.....

Gibbs was in a community service announcement ad for Mcdonalds filmed this morning, it will air around 9 October on channel 9 for Guide Dogs. There will be 2 ads. Gibbs and his yellow brother lightening were camera hogs!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Mas that is so cool! look forward to seeing it :)

Also if you are serious about showing, don't push the stands too much. labs are awesome free stacking so just praise for him standing still, looking at you, and eventually, his feet being square (which most labs will do anyway).

RnH i hope you will have a new pup one day soon!! it's been rather exciting in the DOL thread lately with all the new puppies so I think it's your turn!

No it's my turn!! I haven't had a pup for nearly 5 years! So I think that entitles me to be next :p rofl1.gif

Won't be at training tonight regulars, dad has found out today one of his friends died suddenly and I feel bad leaving him home alone when mum is at work. (Especially since he had knee surgery last week).

I have to say this year has just been awful, my nonno, my dad's uncle, three of my dad's friends dad's and now my dad's friend (who was younger then dad with two small girls). Plus all the precious DOL dogs that have been lost.

I feel like i am getting nowhere with toilet training this puppy. He has been here 3 days now and i am treating him when he goes outside. Sometimes 10 mins later he will wee again inside. Im really battling with him, as long as i took mason out each hr he was good.

I feel like i am getting nowhere with toilet training this puppy. He has been here 3 days now and i am treating him when he goes outside. Sometimes 10 mins later he will wee again inside. Im really battling with him, as long as i took mason out each hr he was good.

I feel your pain :laugh: Bookers been here over 2 weeks and is still wanting to do poos and wees on the concrete and under the verandah :mad I take him down to grass, and he makes a mad dash for the verandah! He is getting better slowly- but if I leave him outside on his own for awhile I will go outside to find poops on the concrete :( Which is frustrating- because it is right under the washing line, and Bondi only poos in a certain corner of the yard- but he poos anywhere and everywhere! :eek: He has learnt to cry and scratch the door to go outside though :thumbsup:

Pippa is almost 13 weeks old and still has the occasional accident if mum and dad aren't being proactive enough. But she loves being outside and will take herself out for a wander through the garden so does most of her toileting outside when noone is watching her. She just needs a bit more supervision to "go" outside so she can be praised when she does and I think she'll be there. Keep at it Candice, he's only been home a few days!

I think Millie has found herself a toy boy. There was some serious playing and flirting going on with bedazzled's Zac tonight rofl1.gif I love it when she finds a friend and plays nicely with them, as she's normally more into the humans or being a nigel with her toys over playing with other dogs (other than Ruby) :)