Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

It was however, a Red Rooster wing that also accompanied chips and coleslaw :p That was the last time she ever got near my dinner!! rofl1.gif

:rofl:

Yes there are. There is a Perth Whippet club which is a social club and they meet around about once a month. Last time was at Whitman park, it has also been at "peace park" down Kwinana kind of way. They have a facebook page so if you pop on there and like it and introduce yourself they will love it - oh and the details of the meets are on there as well. How jealous will I be, never been to one and you will have and don't even have a Whippet :D

Thank you OSO :thumbsup: I don't really use facebook, but I see they have a website, so I'll have a look through there :)

Boxa i hope booka does well i will try get there but i want to get to the show tomorrow to watch a friends dog do i have enough fuel and can i find a baby sitter lol

I'm showing the 2 sibes in the UDC show tomorrow and bringing Booker along for an outing to get him used to showgrounds before his first show sunday. :) So come and get puppy cuddles :D

Best of luck over the weekend Boxagirl :) I was wondering when Booker would be going to his first show! Best of luck :)

Boxa i hope booka does well i will try get there but i want to get to the show tomorrow to watch a friends dog do i have enough fuel and can i find a baby sitter lol

I'm showing the 2 sibes in the UDC show tomorrow and bringing Booker along for an outing to get him used to showgrounds before his first show sunday. :) So come and get puppy cuddles :D

Oooooo even more tempting to try make it :D

If i get down i will be sitting with mel as usual keep an eye out for me :D

RV could I give you a little bit of advice ?

I see that Zora is teething at the moment. All the advice about teething in retrieving puppies says to stop doing any retrieves until the pup has the new set of teeth.

The reason.....teething is usually painful for the pup, and they also mouth things a lot.

Puppies can relate the pain during teething to picking up a dummy/dokken/wing etc. during this time and even mouth these items far too much. Last thing you need is your pup to associate retrieving with pain, so it is easier to leave off the retrieves for a while then recommence when her adult teeth are through. Practice your recalls and sits during this time instead and you could save yourself from having a hard mouth situation later on. Hope you don't mind me giving you this info.

Zora a couple of weeks ago (before she started shedding teeth :laugh: She has lost 5 this week I swear!) fetching a Dokken - I think she would even try your massive duck RS!

Awwww look at her work :thumbsup: Have you done anything with the bird wings :vomit::rofl:

And they photograph so much easier!

I wonder how much the photogenic aspect of a dog will affect my next dog decision :laugh:

He's a handsome boy RV :love:

My dad helped me out with the wing (I went out while he was chopping wood) I have been doing a tiny bit of work with it but since she is loosing teeth like nothing else, so when she looses the next couple thats the front done and we can start playing fetch again! :thumbsup:

Also Brittany's are very photogenic ;)

RV could I give you a little bit of advice ?

I see that Zora is teething at the moment. All the advice about teething in retrieving puppies says to stop doing any retrieves until the pup has the new set of teeth.

The reason.....teething is usually painful for the pup, and they also mouth things a lot.

Puppies can relate the pain during teething to picking up a dummy/dokken/wing etc. during this time and even mouth these items far too much. Last thing you need is your pup to associate retrieving with pain, so it is easier to leave off the retrieves for a while then recommence when her adult teeth are through. Practice your recalls and sits during this time instead and you could save yourself from having a hard mouth situation later on. Hope you don't mind me giving you this info.

No problem fetchindawgs always happy for advice from people who know what they are doing. :thumbsup: Luckily I had already been told the same by someone before (or read it somewhere) so we have been on hiatus from retrieving stuff and working on obedience and show stuff.

Mr Booker had his first show today (was going to scratch him so his first show would be boxer specialty, but decided to show him today as he was there anyway) He was better behaved than I expected (no wrestling around on the floor so the judge could examine him, he stood pretty still :) ) and although he jumped around abit running around the ring, we did manage to get him to gait nicely part of the way :) He was happy in confident in the ring so I'm very pleased with him. Back to do it all again at the Boxer specialty tomorrow :D

016-2.jpg

Mr Booker had his first show today (was going to scratch him so his first show would be boxer specialty, but decided to show him today as he was there anyway) He was better behaved than I expected (no wrestling around on the floor so the judge could examine him, he stood pretty still :) ) and although he jumped around abit running around the ring, we did manage to get him to gait nicely part of the way :) He was happy in confident in the ring so I'm very pleased with him. Back to do it all again at the Boxer specialty tomorrow :D

016-2.jpg

He looks lovely, well done on his first show!