Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Fetchindawgs they are looking great, do they need visitors, warning I am not bring any home with me. LOL

They are receiving visitors LT. The Labs are over 6 wks old now, so going to new homes on Jan. 3rd. The Goldies go on Jan 9th. I just know I am going to be teary.

Bondi is having a CT myelogram tomorrow- finally going to find out what is going on with her hopefully.

$1600 :eek: But I can't just keep going on not knowing. Vet thinks there must be an instability somewhere because it just doesn't seem to be healing.

Good luck today Boxagirl & Bon, hope they can find something

By the way, did everyone note how the LABRADORS trashed their box ??? They do it every day !!!

I don't believe you, they're way too angelic looking :laugh:

Results are back from Bondi's CT scan today. Not good :( She has/had an infection which has eaten away at the bone in her spine, it is all jaggered and in some cases half of a vertabrae are gone. She also has multiple lesions and what appears to be matter compressing spinal cord in afew areas (so a herniated disc) Also has calcification of spinal cord (slight) and vet also said calcification in organs, kidneys- and where she was speyed. Waiting on urine test results to know if infection is active and if it is fungal or bacterial. Fungal infections need constant ongoing treatment as you cannot completely get rid of them. Going to have to get her off steriods too so she can fight infection. She now weighs 22KG- she was 30KG before this happened.

Atleast I know now- and if we can't beat this, there won't be the what if's.

My poor girl, she is so brave and doesn't complain- but this must be so painful :( Hope the pain meds help.

Yeah agree 2.5-3 hours to get to Busso used to live there. I am going to Bunbury at midnight tonight though crazy aren't i, thats for Christmas so have to pack all the gifts, and sacks, and food and bedding, and clothes and fans and Oh shoot why don't i just stay in perth lol.

Boxa as i said on Fb i am so saddened to read that bondi is so stoic and you are such a dedicated owner :( tears i love your girl she always made me smile when you brought her down to the dog shows and the pics mon had of her. BIG GIGANTIC hugs

Thanks Emery. Yes she is a special girl, I think most people who got to know her fell in love with her too- she has turned so many of my "non-doggy" friends into dog lovers- or they don't think of Bondi as a dog :laugh: Everyone who meets her says she is almost human- and loves how easy she is to communicate with, she knows what you want and you can always tell what she wants.

I have had my nanna on the phone from QLD and she is in tears at the news :( She thinks Bondi is her 11th grandchild- and my nanna doesn't like dogs.

Had visitors from Bali come over and also upset, they stayed with us for awhile and got to know Bon, and can't believe how quick this has happened to her :( She touches the lives of everyone she meets.

My stepmum is a disability carer, and I used to take Bondi down to visit her clients coz they aren't allowed dogs, the other day one of the clients asked her when Bon was comming to visit again :(

Thanks Emery. Yes she is a special girl, I think most people who got to know her fell in love with her too- she has turned so many of my "non-doggy" friends into dog lovers- or they don't think of Bondi as a dog :laugh: Everyone who meets her says she is almost human- and loves how easy she is to communicate with, she knows what you want and you can always tell what she wants.

I have had my nanna on the phone from QLD and she is in tears at the news :( She thinks Bondi is her 11th grandchild- and my nanna doesn't like dogs.

Had visitors from Bali come over and also upset, they stayed with us for awhile and got to know Bon, and can't believe how quick this has happened to her :( She touches the lives of everyone she meets.

My stepmum is a disability carer, and I used to take Bondi down to visit her clients coz they aren't allowed dogs, the other day one of the clients asked her when Bon was comming to visit again :(

Awww :( I compeltely understand how a boxer can steal ones heart :)Terribly sad about the clients wanting her to come visit, A dog can brighten even the darkest days IMO.

here is a pic from when you brought her to the dog show :)

post-33396-0-71345600-1324641685_thumb.jpg

post-33396-0-49784300-1324641745_thumb.jpg