Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

It is frustrating isn't it Mason/gibbs :-(

Does anyone get the Canning Times community paper? there is a photo and short article in there of 'WA dog handlers to compete in Belgium".. pg 42

Rusky - would jules want me to keep a copy?? will have to message her

:-)

He seems fine again, it's every time he slips that we have an issue and he is a hoon inside!!

Thanks for the support everyone have told everyone my dog isn't too thin :thumbsup: The trouble was instigated by one of my parents friends staying from SA who kept going on how 'unhealthy' Toby looked since you can see ribs, how cruel I am for trimming Zora's ears and feet and how I can cure Toby's anxiety problems by watching Cesar Milan ;)

But then my mum jumped on the bandwagon so I needed lots of support to help her realise he isn't too skinny and stop her feeding him on the down low. :o

Edited by RallyValley

Thanks for the support everyone have told everyone my dog isn't too thin :thumbsup: The trouble was instigated by one of my parents friends staying from SA who kept going on how 'unhealthy' Toby looked since you can see ribs, how cruel I am for trimming Zora's ears and feet and how I can cure Toby's anxiety problems by watching Cesar Milan ;)

But then my mum jumped on the bandwagon so I needed lots of support to help her realise he isn't too skinny and stop her feeding him on the down low. :o

ahhhhhhhhh

Nope he looks fine. as for being cruel for trimming feet and ears, would they prefer lumps of matted fur instead??? It's hair it's dead and has no feeling how on earth can trimming it be cruel?????????

RV, I know how you feel. I've battled for almost 5 years now with my family telling me Ruby is too thin (and then Millie came along and got the same thing). Despite how many comments I got, I never listened to them. Now the comments are pretty non-existent (except the occasional comment from Mum when she sees a bigger Lab that that is how she prefers them to look ;))

I think he looks great :)

Also Zora caught a rabbit today :eek: She has been stalking and pointing at this rabbit on out property for the last few days and today when mum was out hanging the washing she saw this rabbit take off with Zora in pursuit who caught up and held the rabbit down until mum arrived mum said the rabbit was a bit slobbery but hopped away just fine once mum grabbed Zora and lifted her off the rabbit.

But naught Zora - she should only be pointing rabbits not chasing them :scold:

RnR Ben looks fantastic! Saw a stunning Rotty today at the beach also - completely ripped with muscle and a beautiful shiny coat.

RV Toby looks fab, but you know that. You also know better than to listen to someone who thinks trimming hair is cruel... I suppose, having a Lab x poodle, they kept it long til it got matted or something? Do they not cut their own hair or is that also cruel? Poor, poor dead hair!!!

I went to the beach today with my friend and her Beagle. It was his first time at the beach and he did really well!! He isn't a typical Beagle, my friend can let him off the lead and he just plods along!! All he seems interested in is having a bit of a wander and then making himself welcome in other people's groups. Several times we thought he had chosen a new family to hang with!! Meanwhile, Lulu just obsessed over the dummy, and she also refused to retrieve a ball and only wanted the dummy - I can't say I am disappointed about that!!

Lulu also had no issue with scooters, bikes and a little motorbike thing that went past her today :thumbsup:

RosieFT sorry to hear about the limping again. I too have an appointment on the 30th!!

And just for support RV, here's our (healthy & happy) skinny minny -

FoxSide.jpg

FoxRibs.jpg

(it's hard to get a photo of her where she isn't bringing a ball to me!)

RV, I know how you feel. I've battled for almost 5 years now with my family telling me Ruby is too thin (and then Millie came along and got the same thing). Despite how many comments I got, I never listened to them. Now the comments are pretty non-existent (except the occasional comment from Mum when she sees a bigger Lab that that is how she prefers them to look ;))

I think he looks great :)

I have to do a bit of a double take when I see a lean Lab too :laugh: It's far more common to see overweight ones out and about :(

I hope everyone had a great Christmas :D

RV, Toby looks good :) As for trimming my first thought was don't they cut their own hair??

I am very over my animals... currently waiting to hear from Mum who got to take Varda to the vet this morning as I am fairly sure my desexed bitch shouldn't have a bloody discharge :( Am thinking it is likely a grass seed given she is urinating fine and hasn't lost her appetite. She is quieter than normal though and we are having some yelps and complaints :( But not enough to make me take her to the vet yesterday bad mother I am!

Guest RosieFT

RnR Ben looks fantastic! Saw a stunning Rotty today at the beach also - completely ripped with muscle and a beautiful shiny coat.

RV Toby looks fab, but you know that. You also know better than to listen to someone who thinks trimming hair is cruel... I suppose, having a Lab x poodle, they kept it long til it got matted or something? Do they not cut their own hair or is that also cruel? Poor, poor dead hair!!!

I went to the beach today with my friend and her Beagle. It was his first time at the beach and he did really well!! He isn't a typical Beagle, my friend can let him off the lead and he just plods along!! All he seems interested in is having a bit of a wander and then making himself welcome in other people's groups. Several times we thought he had chosen a new family to hang with!! Meanwhile, Lulu just obsessed over the dummy, and she also refused to retrieve a ball and only wanted the dummy - I can't say I am disappointed about that!!

Lulu also had no issue with scooters, bikes and a little motorbike thing that went past her today :thumbsup:

RosieFT sorry to hear about the limping again. I too have an appointment on the 30th!!

I am going at 1pm.. might see you there? :-)

I am very over my animals... currently waiting to hear from Mum who got to take Varda to the vet this morning as I am fairly sure my desexed bitch shouldn't have a bloody discharge :( Am thinking it is likely a grass seed given she is urinating fine and hasn't lost her appetite. She is quieter than normal though and we are having some yelps and complaints :( But not enough to make me take her to the vet yesterday bad mother I am!

Oh no Mirawee, hope Varda is okay, jeepers bet you can't wait for this year to be over! :eek:

We had a crappy Xmas, long story but all ended well.

Then last night Cider tore her dew claw and it was sticking out sideways frown.gif So off to the vet we went - only to find the vet closed and the vet sitting on the steps (he was waiting for somebody to pick something up). Anyway to cut a long story short - he opened up dealt with the nail, bandaged the foot and did the paperwork - all over and done with in about 15 minutes. This Vet and his practice impresses me more and more with each dealing I have with them. thumbsup1.gif

RnR - good to see photos of your boy thumbsup1.gif

That was a score Ptolomy! Not that Cider required the vet but that you jagged seeing one.

I could have rung and got them to come in, but given that I knew she would need to be sedated etc (and possibly a GA) they are better set up for it today. Am now waiting to hear how she is going as Mum had to leave her there. Also waiting to chat to my vet to decide what to do next with my old horse who is still not quite right :( Luckily I have a friend who can take him in tomorrow if needed so I don't need to have another day off work (had to take him in on the Friday before Christmas).