Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Updated the DOL meet thread with the beach info... Sunday 8th January 8.30am!!

I'm excited :happydance:

8:30 in the morning :o which beach?? Will go see if it says in the other thread.

Showdog, is your boy eligible for the Supreme title once he has the final CC this year?

Who has puppies entered in the Puppy of the Year contest? I am guessing SparkyTansy has both Weims in? Ptolomy has Straus? I have Anikka... anyone else?

Not me but i might pop down i got a junior with my boy so missed out should of shown him more :rofl:

My friends rotti pup got puppy in group at the nye show i found out, so happy for her :)

Mirawee I just have the one puppy in - Lulu was the one that won the minor in groups - Poor JT!! he did so well in baby but never quite got the class in groups and yet he always beat his sister.

RS you have to win a Baby, Minor or Puppy in Group to be eligible.

emery great news about your friend :)

i've not been to a POTY before so not quite sure what to expect. Is there a lot of standing around or is there a lot more stacking than usual? i don't want Lulu to get bored.

Who has puppies entered in the Puppy of the Year contest?

Quite obviously not me... but.... what do you need to win to be eligible?

A Best baby, minor or puppy in group between the dates of 30/12/10 to 30/12/11 at an all breeds championship show in wa.

Chance is eligible for the QLD puppy of the year after winning 3 baby in groups no idea when theirs is or when it closes and if the breeder wants to enter him :rofl: maybe i should of asked her

Puppy of the year can either be fast or very slow.

Dogs are judged in grps of 3 or less,the 3 judges go over each dog & then each dog moves & then that is it until scores are counted.

You spend about 5 mins in the ring maybe less & then all enter together for the announcement,

So basically its just like a class being judged

Guest RosieFT

hi all

does anyone know where i can do some sand hill work with Rosie? at hte beaches you are normally supposed to stay off the dunes.... ?? but perhaps i need to go there.

she has to do hill work with some sand hill work thrown in. Luckily we have some small hills surrounding an oval near by so we have been going up and down there... hopefully my butt will improve LOL..

It is very obvious now it is pointed out, but she has developed more on one front leg tricep muscle than on the other so i have now got to try and get the other one working. Obviously she favours the leg with the lovely developed muscle!

Guest RosieFT

hee well we went for a family trip to rockinham beach the other day and i know what it feels like ot be naturally exfoliated! lovely being sand blasted, oh so pleasant.

Sugar plum starts well but soon decides going up and down a hill is really, really a stupid idea LOL.. today she decided she should just canter everywhere as it would be over more easily.. ugh.. she has to walk/trot.

yeah, figured beach would be best...

on the upside because she has to walk/trot she has to be on leash so i am leash training at the same time LOL.

We are looking after my parents' bichon (my dad has offered me the use of lily for agility if rosie can't do it hee hee, told him my friend would never let me live it down... hmmmmm would you Amy??? LOL) and Lily thinks the hill stuff is crazy.

The good news is that Deb thinks it is mechanical rather than painful so we are 'pushing through it' for now and hopefully can strengthen the muscle which will then hold the tendon better. She will be doing resistant training in the future where she has to pull against an elastic band thing... was wondering if i could teach her how with that magical clicker you gave me amy???? Apparantly the most difficult thing is getting the dog to understand it has to resist.

oh, we saw Tin tin the movie yesterday and i was so happy to see snowy :-) .. super fox terrier (albeit a wire)... there were a few true dog moments .. they were running through a ship and the humans went across a metal grid and snowy just stopped and stared at it.. as a dog would :-) .

Guest RosieFT

Poor Sugar Plum might get her fur sandblasted off, she would be a rare hairless fox terrier :laugh::eek:

hmmm well that would solve my white hair floor problem....

on another note, where have you been????!?!

RosieFT where abouts are you? there is a section of the beach in South Freo which has a bit of a step which is steep and not so steep - it's always there, but isn't on the dunes... happy to give you more details on the location if you like.

thanks for the info on POTY showdog :)

Mirawee I just have the one puppy in - Lulu was the one that won the minor in groups - Poor JT!! he did so well in baby but never quite got the class in groups and yet he always beat his sister.

RS you have to win a Baby, Minor or Puppy in Group to be eligible.

emery great news about your friend :)

i've not been to a POTY before so not quite sure what to expect. Is there a lot of standing around or is there a lot more stacking than usual? i don't want Lulu to get bored.

I thought JT had won a Baby in Group :( Oh well at least you have one in :)

The year I did it with Banjo we had three judges and went into the ring in groups of 3 and had to go from judge to judge stacking the dog each time for them to assess. But most were tolerant of the fact that it was weird for the babies so they were less likely to stand still after the first dog. Then once all three dogs had been gone over they were moved one at a time for the movement assessment. This year I saw somewhere that the judges will move to the dog rather than the other way around :) But again it will be 3 judges and they each give the dog a score.

We are looking after my parents' bichon (my dad has offered me the use of lily for agility if rosie can't do it hee hee, told him my friend would never let me live it down... hmmmmm would you Amy??? LOL) and Lily thinks the hill stuff is crazy.

I want to see a Bichon doing agility :thumbsup: I am sure we can sit on Amy so she can't offer any objections :D

Poor Sugar Plum might get her fur sandblasted off, she would be a rare hairless fox terrier :laugh::eek:

hmmm well that would solve my white hair floor problem....

on another note, where have you been????!?!

Labrador owner says: rofl1.gifrofl1.gifrofl1.gif

English Setter owner says :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Guest RosieFT

:D hee ok, so maybe not compared to yours.... :)

Hey I got a new dog book for Christmas and they have Manchester terriers in it (and a really plain, slightly fat looking yellow lab - need Ruby in there to show a good specimen!) anyway, they say they are a high spirited, very intelligent and cunning dog which is eager to learn, lively and sportive blah blah and bonds very closely with its handler. :D i thought it described her very well. It says some other stuff, but also says they are ideal to excersize along side a bike because they can run very fast and keep up the speed for a long time.

Guest RosieFT

RosieFT where abouts are you? there is a section of the beach in South Freo which has a bit of a step which is steep and not so steep - it's always there, but isn't on the dunes... happy to give you more details on the location if you like.

thanks for the info on POTY showdog :)

thank ST - i am in Riverton/willetton area... but my brother and parents live in different parts of freo so have been to south beach.... is it the dog beach near there? hve not actually been to the dog beach part... ?? details would be great, thanks :-)