Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Poor Rosie!!!!!! eek1.gif

Yeah Ruby didn't wimper and rarely makes a fuss if she's hurt, but Millie tends to carry on like a girl's blouse when she's hurt. In this instance, though, I don't blame her ;)

Lol, funny how they are all so different, Mason is like Ruby he is very brave and never makes a big deal of he is sick or in pain, Gibbs n the other hand whimpers and whines.....

How could you not love these faces :D

Whippets tails do go naturally between their legs. If you have a look where their tail begins and how low down it is and the curve of the Whippet then it makes a bit more sense. If their tail was positioned higher up on a flatter back it would not naturally goe between the legs unless deliberatly tucked under there.

post-23623-0-81619300-1325822612_thumb.jpg

Edited by OSoSwift

They are so cute and pointy!

I want to get my two the triennial C3 vaccination but my vet won't order it in for me :( has anyone got the triennial at any vet around Canning Vale area in the past? Or know who might order it in for me or have it in stock?

I want to get my two the triennial C3 vaccination but my vet won't order it in for me :( has anyone got the triennial at any vet around Canning Vale area in the past? Or know who might order it in for me or have it in stock?

Not the Canning Vale area :o but Ascot Vets do the Nobivac 3 yearly vaccination ;)

Not the Canning Vale area :o but Ascot Vets do the Nobivac 3 yearly vaccination ;)

Cool! That's not far from me. :)

We miss our pointy girl so much, she wasn't much bigger than a whippet, 26" at the shoulder - in fact at an anniversary event for the greyhound rescue we got her from, someone asked if she was a whippet :laugh: We'll get another pointy dog when we are settled back in the UK :)

I just have to say how pleased I am with the two weasels, my dog walker who comes to let them out for a pee break each day when I at work, is away till the 16th - so far they have both stayed clean indoors every day this week :thumbsup:

Hummmm, what am I paying the $100 a week for then :laugh:

Edited by CrazyCresties

We miss our pointy girl so much, she wasn't much bigger than a whippet, 26" at the shoulder - in fact at an anniversary event for the greyhound rescue we got her from, someone asked if she was a whippet :laugh: We'll get another pointy dog when we are settled back in the UK :)

I just have to say how pleased I am with the two weasels, my dog walker who comes to let them out for a pee break each day when I at work, is away till the 16th - so far they have both stayed clean indoors every day this week :thumbsup:

Hummmm, what am I paying the $100 a week for then :laugh:

Sheesh that's not cheap!!!

Guest RosieFT

Amypie you could try Lynwood Vets - that is where I go and i had a longish chat with a vet there re vacs and she said they had noticed as spike in parvo but not sure if it is from the clients using the tri year one because it is not as effective or if it is because they fail to remember to revaccinate.. gave me the impression people had it done there?!?!? but not 100% sure...

Personally I HATE long nosed dogs....................... foxies have such short pug faces... LOL

We miss our pointy girl so much, she wasn't much bigger than a whippet, 26" at the shoulder - in fact at an anniversary event for the greyhound rescue we got her from, someone asked if she was a whippet We'll get another pointy dog when we are settled back in the UK

26" was bigger than my Dobe!!

Rommi is 18" and Lewis is 20" so she was substantially bigger than mine. There are two rather huge Greys down here, so she would look small next to them :)

Pointy noses are very good for dob dobbing people and stuff!!

Edited by OSoSwift

Just an update on Bondi- she is comming along great! I think the antibiotics must be working to kill the infection in her spine (she will be on these for a minimum of 12 weeks). She is able to stand up on her own now- and even take afew steps on her own. The vets have said I can start "physical therapy" with her- just 5 minutes of harness/sling walking at a time. Yesterday Bondi was feeling so good that when I took her out the front to go to the toilet she walked me across the road to the shops and then when we came home, she wanted to dig in the front garden! (I let her )

She is off the steroids now- and looking MUCH better- she has gained some condition back (at one point on the steroids she got down to 22kgs, you could see every bone in her body and skull- she is now 24.4kgs and the bones are slowly becomming covered again She is still on tramel for pain- but I am not having to give it as often anymore (she was getting it 3 times a day-every 8 hours, now she really just gets it morning and night) Have also started her back on the previcoz (NSAID) to control any inflamation.

She goes to her referal vet weekly for check ups, and on thursday we had a breakthrough with the pinch test (where the vet uses forceps to pinch the skin on Bons back to see if she can feel it). Bondi couldn't feel the middle portion of her back at all for a long time, and on thursday she responded to the pinch Her reflexes when her feet are put toe down are improving, although not consistant- last week her left leg wasnt responding at all and her right leg was pretty much normal, this week her left leg was responding well, and her right leg was a delayed response! Although her general co-ordination and strength when walking has improved heaps- she doesnt toe over at all when walking, and moves her legs well (in a quite exagerated motion)

She has got her spark back, and has her wiggly bum back She even stole Bookers chew treat off him the other day- and is back to bossing him around

The hope from the vet is that once the infection is killer the spine will stabalise and become more fiberous (eventually bone, but that takes awhile) and then hopefully the compression will be relieved from the spine. The nerves apparently take the longest time in the body to recover, so might be awhile for Bon to reach her full potential, but we don't know what permanent damage will have been done. She might just walk differently, or she may go back to normal.

Guest RosieFT

Good news re Bondi :-)

SparkyTansy - thanks for South Beach info.. we made it down there this morning, late morning.. there were SO many dogs!!! Had 2 negative incidences, but overall it was great :-) .. even got to see a Kerry blue :-) and another female foxie that was smaller than Rosie! Well shorter in height and length but with more muscled chest.

The hill was a bit steep and Rosie was so pumped up she just kept chargin up and down.. supposed to walk and trot.. ugh.. but did find a slight incline to walk up and down with her on a lead looking like a numpty..

Had one small dog come and bark in rosie face repetitively, until Rosie's hackles went up, so i got hold of her collar and waited.. the small dogs friend joined it and both were going nuts at Rosie. snarling and backing and circling her, the owners were yelling, and finally came to take them away. Amazing. Then there was the staffy that thought it great fun to run up to dogs and bite them to try and entice them to play. hmmm funnily enough Rosie did not find it so much fun to be nipped and bitten and she snapped back at it and then it went a bit nutso.. i had to pick rosie up and hold her above my head. fun fun fun. the owners could not catch it, so i had to put rosie on a lead until it went off to bite and snap at a kelpie that was happily fetching a ball. The kelpie growled and snapped at it too,b ut ti still didn't back off. The owners finally caught it , smacked it and let it go again.. hmmMMMm... we moved further up the beach whilst it kept going for dogs. I don't think it was trying to attack, but its method of play was very full on and it was actually making contact with its teeth on the dogs it was chasing. After awhile they owners put it on a long line, but not before it had managed to get in the face of several dogs and nipped and rammed them.

I just don' t get some owners.

My husband said when he went back to the car to put our kids' towels away, that 2 mini poodles were barking and harrassing people walking past and in one case chased a 3yr old child that was screaming in fear - and the owners did NOTHING?!?!?!?

Great news about Bondi :)

Sorry to hear about your negative experiences at the beach today, RFT. That sucks :( I don't get some owners either. Another one that baffles me is letting the dogs trot through the carpark. Put it on an effing lead if you value its safety!!! I've also hit some dogs in this manner and I was only reversing out cautiously, too.

Today's beach meet at Kwinana was really great. Not a single bad word from any of the dogs, all played happily :thumbsup: Even the odd dog not belonging in our group were well behaved :) Kwinana is a great beach where the water is equivalent in "niceness factor" to Hillary's dog beach, but waaaaaaaaaay less busy, you can get a carpark at any time of the day, and the BBQ facilities/grass/gazebos near the cars make it a great day out. I think a few of us today are interested in heading back again soon and finishing the morning off with a barbie :) Anyone who is interested are welcome to join.

There was an idiot owner walking around the dog beach at Hillary's last weekend swearing at any dogs and trying to hit any dogs who even looked at his dogs ball ( his dog was on a long line but still causing chaos) , he seriously got my back up and if I was a guy I would have punched him in the head, where do these people come from??