Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Yeah but you've got crazy dogs RV :laugh:

OH just said to me 'oi I've got a bone to pick with you'

Me - uh oh what have I done now :o

OH - I wondered what's been smelling in my car all week

Me - and.......?

OH - Louis vomit from the beach trip last week!

Me - oops, forgot about that in the boot :rofl:

you're making me feel mean - I just walked mine down to the park, made them run around for ages, then walked them home, now they are sprawled out next to me but the air con will kick in any second and they'll be back to normal :laugh: This is why I couldn't own a braccy breed :laugh:

:rofl: CC... My car just has "mystery odour" :o

Mine too :rofl:

Mine don't feel the heat

Your ES is gorgeous! Sucker for an ES :D

you're making me feel mean - I just walked mine down to the park, made them run around for ages, then walked them home, now they are sprawled out next to me but the air con will kick in any second and they'll be back to normal :laugh: This is why I couldn't own a braccy breed :laugh:

I took mine out for a walk tonight about 7pm. We walked to the park, I let them run around a bit, then we walked for another half hour at a fast pace. We got home and they huffed and puffed for about an hour :laugh: I thought maybe I shouldn't walk them so far/fast on a hot evening, but they pull up fine! :thumbsup:

Hmm nope in fact I just noticed Trixie is too fat - gonna have to cut her food back a bit to get rid of her Christmas spread :laugh:

What?! No she hasn't!!!!

Guest RosieFT

Mine will still come out when i hang up washing and gleefully bring me a toy to throw for her, no matter what. Sometimes in hot weather i catch her sun baking?!?!/

BUT I do find she really cannot tolerate the heat when it comes to exercise. She over heats really quickly and on walks will often seek out shade and lie down requiring alot of urging to get her to keep going. I am not sure if it is her small size>!?!?! But she definitely heats up very quickly. If i walk anywhere near water she takes herself in for a quick swim around to cool down - which can actually be really annoying!!! So I have to really watch her when it is hot.

CC- this is the heat you were wanting when your parents were here wasn't it??? At least you have aircon in your house and car. When we first came to Perth in 84 there was a heatwave that almost killed my mum LOL. My brother was a private school and mum could never understand how the other mums hopped out of their cars without a hair out of place and she would get out with damp hair and sweaty clothes - she didn't have aircon in the car and they did! LOL

We have aircon in the living area but not in our bedroom and it sucks walking down the hall to bed and finding it is gettin ghotter and hotter.. ugh...

but the worst thing about the heat is the bugs it brings out... big giant bloody cockroach was just on our sliding door between the fly wire and the ouside of hte glass door. DH was just going out to hang up some washing and i WAS going to help him, not now. sheesh.

I could never live in QLD - my sister was in townsville for a few years and the photos of the bugs she sent me were just rediculous....

AP = Trixie could never be plump, could she? can you imagine a fat manchester LOL... foxies look like ticks - fat body little head...

Ugh in our last two rentals we only had a small AC in the lounge, we used to drag our mattress into the lounge room and sleep there for almost all Summer :laugh: Both houses were in Kenwick and that place was shocking in Summer, it never ever got any breeze, probably because of its proximity to the hills? I remember when we'd get a few hot days and the bricks would soak it in and when you walked near the house it was like walking near an oven.... yuck yuck yuck

Where we are now near Banjup/Jandakot is soooo much better, so breezy and cool, we have evap air con and it works so well, most nights it's so cool outside here we only have to put it on fan. Massive improvement!! Doesn't make much difference to the power and water bills either unlike refrigerated. I guess because it's a new house the insulation would be better too.

AP = Trixie could never be plump, could she? can you imagine a fat manchester LOL... foxies look like ticks - fat body little head...

I can imagine it because I have seen some, and yes they do look funny with a wide body and skinny head! Why would you want to ruin such a lovely elegant shape! (I think so anyway :laugh: )

I'm glad I bought a house that already had aircon! My next house I am aiming for aircon + pool! :laugh:

While out walking tonight, we went through a lot of walkways between streets near where I used to live as a kid, and I could hear people splashing in pools all over the place or just the hum of pool filters. So jealous!